Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin version 1.4 released for all

gigapig

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you may have seen in the downloads section HyperSpin 1.4 has now been released for everyone to use and is now considered stable.

This download only includes the exe and a scripts folder so if you are downloading HyperSpin for the first time you will also need the 1.3.3 download as well.

Instructions for use.

Extract the exe  into your HyperSpin folder and overwrite (you may want to backup the original first)

Open the settings.ini file located in C:\HyperSpin\Settings and change the path to HyperLaunch to Hyperlaunch_Path=C:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe if you have it installed on another drive then make sure you use the correct drive letter. This new version needs the full path to the launcher due to there being two launchers available at the moment (HyperLaunch & RocketLauncher.)

Those of you on 1.3.3. who have used the Transition tool will need to do the above and also restore the backed up ini files, which should be in the "Settings" folder. 

Download it Here. Full change log is on the download page.

Now for some words of warning.

Firstly do you need this version if you're happy with your current set up and it's all working? You can of course give this version a try by just swapping out the exe (backup your old one) if you're not using RL.

Secondly some third party apps no longer work or do not work fully. Examples would be HyperSpeech which now only reads sub wheel info and for some HiToText no longer works and will crash. There may be others also which no longer work.

Please read the full change log, if you are wondering about the scripts folder then change 002 will explain that. I am not aware of any available scripts at the moment.

thanks for this great works. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, just extract 1.4 directly over your current install and replace all files then install RocketLauncher as per the tutorial. RocketLauncher updates its modules automatically so once you're fully transitioned and comfortable with the new setup you can eliminate your old modules folder.

• 4 months later...

I downloaded it but didn't really plan on updating it but being that it was just a simple drop the .exe over.. i just renamed my old .exe and dropped the new one over.... man I really noticed a major difference in the main menu themes.. so much smoother when scrolling thru systems. Not sure if this is anything but when I was going thru my mame wheel... one game (I can't remember) got stuck on the theme and I couldn't use any controls to exit or anything.. not even sure if that had anything to do with the update but I never noticed that before... other than that pretty KICK ASS! especially with how smooth it is now!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded it but didn't really plan on updating it but being that it was just a simple drop the .exe over.. i just renamed my old .exe and dropped the new one over.... man I really noticed a major difference in the main menu themes.. so much smoother when scrolling thru systems. Not sure if this is anything but when I was going thru my mame wheel... one game (I can't remember) got stuck on the theme and I couldn't use any controls to exit or anything.. not even sure if that had anything to do with the update but I never noticed that before... other than that pretty KICK ASS! especially with how smooth it is now!!!!

This is the old 1.4 version. Is that the one you just updated to?

If so you should actually update to the newest version with video smoothing that released just a couple weeks ago. That's the latest, it's in the other thread.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/27058-hyperspin-1416-released/

Mine also got stuck, but it wasn't after playing a game. The wheel still turns, videos work, graphics work, but can't control anything with a keyboard, controller, or my arcade controls. It did it multiple times yesterday. Really frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/08/2015 at 1:15 PM, Runadumb said:

Beta 15 has a Hyper HQ crash bug for me when selecting the roms folder.  That and the focus problem makes it a bad choice for release imo. 

I to am having this issue, just keeps crashing all the time, is there an update or workaround??

• Avar unpinned this topic

Archived