Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

CNC Design - Input Needed

ouguitarman

I wanted to put up some of the new prototype pictures.  We are planned to go into production next week.  Notice the new monitor angle and the slots for where the plexi glass will fit on the side view.  I also posted what is the new control panel and button layout.  I just did a quick put together with some of the new parts mainly around the monitor tilt, so did not put the new control panel on the unit again.  I plan to have the monitor moved down .25" to account for other monitor types that may have a slightly larger top bezel.  We put the wood together in about 10min which was the goal.  Full video with controls, etc coming with the production builds next week.  

milling out the joystick area like that limits buyers options on what they can use there. With it milled out like that, they cannot use any happ style sticks.

milling out the joystick area like that limits buyers options on what they can use there. With it milled out like that, they cannot use any happ style sticks.

That area fits the 3 joystick types we sell Zippy, Sanwa, and LED.  I will check on how to make sure happ style sticks fits as well.  Thank you!

Nothing wrong with using pan head screws from the underside of a control panel to mount joysticks. This way there are no unsightly bolts on the top of the cp.

The wood is 3/4", and we milled about .5" leaving .25" of very solid board.  This way sanwa sticks are plenty high and guys do not have to worry about using a router to undermount.  Do you think pan head screws at .25" will hold, seems reasonable to me with that much wood left after the milling.

Buttons are way better. What about raising the CP to be even with the sides?

If that gets fixed then I may send a sale your way. A dude I work with wants one like mine, but without the huge amount of work and learning.

He'd probably love this and then I'd just set it up with MAME for him.

We are going to run the first set which are almost sold out at the current layout.  I plan to work with my cnc engineer on either raising the CP a little bit or making the sides curve a bit lower to achieve the same effect.  

Guys,  I am starting to get all the pricing finalized as we plan to go to production this week and hopefully ship pre-orders Friday or early next week.  It looks like I need to be at min $230 (that includes shipping) to make this worth the effort.  Can you guys give me some insight on that price vs what you have seen?  I know we all want things as cheap as possible, but what I want to know is there value in this kit at the $230 to $250 range (includes shipping)?  From what I can see it is a bit under priced for the value, but again would like some feedback.  I know the introductory pre-sale price of $199 was too cheap as my threshold limit of cabinets at that price was reached in less than a week.

Any constructive feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nothing wrong with using pan head screws from the underside of a control panel to mount joysticks. This way there are no unsightly bolts on the top of the cp.

pan head screws on a 1/4" panel? Don't know about that. Me, I'd snap that wood in no time.

That area fits the 3 joystick types we sell Zippy, Sanwa, and LED.  I will check on how to make sure happ style sticks fits as well.  Thank you!

I don't see how it could fit happ or even semitsu sticks on there. Happ have a wider base and needs a vastly different area milled out or no milling at all. semitsu and some more premium sanwa sticks need an extra area milled out for the 5 pin header.

277379832_725.jpg

pan head screws on a 1/4" panel? Don't know about that. Me, I'd snap that wood in no time.

I don't see how it could fit happ or even semitsu sticks on there. Happ have a wider base and needs a vastly different area milled out or no milling at all. semitsu and some more premium sanwa sticks need an extra area milled out for the 5 pin header.

277379832_725.jpg

I am checking on those.  We sell zippy and sanwa primarily and it fits those with space.  Sanwa's connect the same was as the picture above.  More to come on this as I will probably just have a larger area milled out to accommodate all sticks....  My small catch is pre-drilling the plex or not.  I really do not want guys using anything but a screw driver for this (no drills or routers).  

Can you give me some feedback on the $229.99 pricing including shipping?  Is that in line with what you have seen?  Better/worse?

I don't see $230 being a problem but then I haven't priced many of these myself.  I'm not in the market for a bartop but I do fancy a pedestal (though my GF may make that difficult) so I hope you see success with this and offer different designs.

If these are a success maybe Kickstarter is the way to go for full scale arcade versions (or pedestals  :thumbsup: ) so you can get the scale going.  Having looked into what it takes to build your own and the number of people that eventually give up on it there is potential to get a lot of interest if you get positive feedback from the bartop version.

Maybe team up with the bliss-box guy and have a panel on the front for all the console controllers  :teehee:

Archived