Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Bitgamer

gunit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! You piqued my interest so I just checked and for me, Tekken is slightly slow, but playable, HOWEVER Tekken 2 and 3 run perfectly smooth. Are you overclocking your CPU?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Your Tekken games running smooth is the wildest thing I've ever read buddy lol. I've never been able to do that. 

Of course, my current arcade specs are not the best. In fact, i have a post that i was hopping some one would answer, but nothing yet in regards to answers. What are you currently running to get smooth tekken play? 

Its a really light system. The processor was $80 Canadian, so it should be massively cheaper anywhere else. Intel Pentium G3258, overclocked from 3.2 to 4.3ghz. Aftermarket cooler I got cheap, but I'd recommend the Evo212 if you're looking to keep the price low. Motherboard is a micro ATX Asus H31ME (I think). That's it. No GPU, no bottleneck ;) maybe

Isn't the problem with MAME that it wants to emulate games as accurate as possible sometimes to the detriment of playability? especially without a gpu being able to chime in.

You hit the nail on the head THK, they are not bothered if the game runs perfectly although it is the eventual goal what they want is for it to be run perfectly to the arcade without gpu hacks etc. A great example was Zinc running games that Mame didnt

I have just tried all the games mentioned and they all work fine on my soon to be retired 4670k overclocked to 4.4Ghz.

I have this chip in my main rig, and I can't get it stable past 4.2. But, I've never had problems with it @4.2. That machine has an aging 560ti. Must get a new one, but prices have gone up over the last year due to a falling dollar. So annoying :/

I just found your post. I'd say getting the CPU over 4 ghz and having 4GB of ram is most important. External hard drives shouldn't be a problem, but if the OS is on an SSD that shouldn't hurt.

I thought about the SSD drive.  Im not sure though.  I thought the life expectancy for these pas fairly poor. 

Ive had the same IDE drives in my current arcade for 4+ years. 

The external drive idea is becoming more appealing to me though..for sure.  If i could just get a nice hyperspin setup with all emulators and games...and all said bells and whistles...then make a duplicate of that drive on another, i would be in heaven!! Just worried about access times is all ( not that everything is blazing fast now. lol ). Also, is there anyway to have your MAME just load into games without seeing that pop up warning, or have to toggle left-right before each game? Always wondered that....

Yeah, you need to find a version with "nonag". There's some MAMEUIFX versions floating around the Web, but you can always compile your own version. If you're platinum I think you can find versions on FTP. But they need to match your set. If it's old MAME good luck, you'll have to compile or update your set.

Yeah, you need to find a version with "nonag". There's some MAMEUIFX versions floating around the Web, but you can always compile your own version. If you're platinum I think you can find versions on FTP. But they need to match your set. If it's old MAME good luck, you'll have to compile or update your set.

I'm sure its an old set for sure. I've never heard of nonag before. This is something i need to look for. An entire new rom set though...yikes.

I wanted to do this anyway since i have NEVER been able to get CHD's to work..ever lol.

So this compile thing you speak of..is there a program that assist with this..or is it a manual thing one must do?  

I'll try to find some links but Mameworld has a boatload of information you need. Updating your set isn't that big of a deal. Between versions some names may change and roms get added, but if you have a complete set you just point the download to where your roms are and it will recheck the folder and download the missing or updated stuff. Depending on how old it is, you may need 60 Mb or a couple of gigs. It isn't that bad, just make sure it's checking the existing roms and not downloading by mistake ;)

Ssd lifespan is a old wives tale. Last longer if anything

Proof here, I'm ssd right the though on my gaming rig they are cheap enough quiet and instant load on most games make it a no brainer to me

http://techreport.com/review/27436/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-two-freaking-petabytes

Interesting. So, even if im running an SSD drive that i have the OS installed on, but the roms/directories/hyperspin install is on an external drive, i would still see the difference you describe? 

Do you have your CHD files in the same folder as your main roms?

Yes, same folder. 

I just have one in there right now, just to see. And nothing. Although i don't know if i can even get carnievil to run ( seems like its a rough one on the PC hardware ), and i do not have any light guns yet lol. 

Yes, same folder.

I just have one in there right now, just to see. And nothing. Although i don't know if i can even get carnievil to run ( seems like its a rough one on the PC hardware ), and i do not have any light guns yet lol.

You can use a mouse to play it for now. I had wiimotes working on an old setup, but it was so unstable and required too much voodoo to get it going again. For sure light guns are the best if you put them in. carnevil should have a folder with the name carnevil and a carnevil.chd file inside, when you load carnevil it's looking at the ROM then loading the information from the folder. Should work no problem unless you dumped the CHD files into the main folder instead of keeping them in their own folder. [emoji41]

I'll try to find some links but Mameworld has a boatload of information you need. Updating your set isn't that big of a deal. Between versions some names may change and roms get added, but if you have a complete set you just point the download to where your roms are and it will recheck the folder and download the missing or updated stuff. Depending on how old it is, you may need 60 Mb or a couple of gigs. It isn't that bad, just make sure it's checking the existing roms and not downloading by mistake ;)

That would be awesome brada.  I have been out of it for a while...and now i need to jump back in and update. Its about time i know...but it seems like so much has changed since i built my arcade...its intimating for sure. 

There is a new compiled version of mame in the downloads section and some threads floating around for the slightly older 0.164.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/10828-mame-0165-x64-hi-score-no-nag/

If your ROM set is really old you might be better off getting a fresh set instead of messing around, but it will on your bandwidth.

I have 4 SSD's in my machine and will soon be getting an M.2 drive for boot. The current  drive (OCZ Vertex 3) is about 4 years old and still absolutely fine.

I was going to get a m2 ssd for the windows 10 upgrade but plumped for a 250 evo. They seem a little expensive for little gain in the real world no doubt they run beastly on benchmarks but real world stuff is not even a second difference in some things.

I was going to get a m2 ssd for the windows 10 upgrade but plumped for a 250 evo. They seem a little expensive for little gain in the real world no doubt they run beastly on benchmarks but real world stuff is not even a second difference in some things.

Are we talking about the same thing? A sata SSD tops out at about 550mbs, the M.2 has a read speed of 2150mbs, at least the one I'm looking at. That's the PCIe version.

Archived