Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Trackball Issues

fatpak

Hey all,

I have searched for hours for a topic exactly like mine to no avail and I can't find it so I apologize if this has been seen before.

I'm running windows 10 and the latest Hyperspin/RocketLauncher out there.  When I enabled Trackball in HyperHQ, Hyperspin would freak out in the menus so I disabled it.  This causes an issue when trying to play games like Golden Tee because when launched, I can't use the trackball for the game.  I've edited the MAME .ini to set the trackball/mouse value to true.  When I launch MAME not through Hyperspin, I have no issues using the trackball in the game.  It's only when I launch it through Hyperspin does it not work when trying to play MAME games.

Any ideas on how to get this up and running?  I've tried just about everything and am now pulling out my nonexistent hair.  I appreciate any help thrown my way.

~Sigh~

I had a beer enabled epiphany.  I dug around in RocketLauncher UI and was able to set an emulator specific .ini through the global emulator settings.  Selecting MAME and editing the golbal settings allowed me to link it to a folder with the .ini in it.  Mods, feel free to delete this thread or keep it here in case others stumble upon it.  Sorry for the double post.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am having the same damn problem as the OP. Whats strange is the first system I set up two months or so back I was able to play world class bowing with the trackball just fine(its a tankstick).

Took a week break or so and set up another system using gigapig's wonderful build, which I am pretty sure I also used on the first one.

Now I have no trackball what so ever, it moves the mouse cursor in windows and all that jazz. 

I have been thru the mame.ini and from a f*ckton of research it would seem I had it all set right, but I guess I am wrong.

I was able to find the the setting in RLui that fatpak referred to but could not quite grasp what I was supposed to do after that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, All I want to do is have a few beers and beat my kid's ass at world class bowling.

Thanks all

I am having the same damn problem as the OP. Whats strange is the first system I set up two months or so back I was able to play world class bowing with the trackball just fine(its a tankstick).

Took a week break or so and set up another system using gigapig's wonderful build, which I am pretty sure I also used on the first one.

Now I have no trackball what so ever, it moves the mouse cursor in windows and all that jazz.

I have been thru the mame.ini and from a f*ckton of research it would seem I had it all set right, but I guess I am wrong.

I was able to find the the setting in RLui that fatpak referred to but could not quite grasp what I was supposed to do after that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, All I want to do is have a few beers and beat my kid's ass at world class bowling.

Thanks all

If you have more than one ini file makes sure you make changes to all of them.

Also post the ini file here, maybe someone will notice something.

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. I am using your 1.4 (51 systems) build.

The only ini I have edited would be in emulators > mame > ini >mame.ini , would there be another lurking about that I am missing?

I only use the tankstick for mame, all console emu's I use a xbox one controller (though I have not been able to get two together to work).

here is the part(s) of the ini that should matter, but then again maybe there is more to it. 

# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     
mouse                     1
joystick                  1
lightgun                  0
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                1
steadykey                 0
ui_active                 0
offscreen_reload          0
joystick_map              auto
joystick_deadzone         0.3
joystick_saturation       0.85
natural                   0
joystick_contradictory    0
coin_impulse              0

#
# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             keyboard
adstick_device            keyboard
pedal_device              keyboard
dial_device               keyboard
trackball_device          mouse
lightgun_device           keyboard
positional_device         keyboard
mouse_device              mouse

Thanks all

Robb

The only ini I have edited would be in emulators > mame > ini >mame.ini , would there be another lurking about that I am missing?

That all looks good, however I did supply 8 ini files with that build which are located in the ini folder unless you have deleted them. If not then those settings will need to be transfers to the other ini files or at least "Vertical", "horizont" & "vector". They have a higher priority than the Mame ini so if you play a vertical game mame will look to the vertical ini.

I see, I never deleted them.. they are all still there.

This is starting to make sense.

It just never dawned on me those would have higher priority, though it should have.

I have some work to do it seems.

Thank you so.

That damn bowling ball just moved! so I am making a bit of progress.

Somewhere I read that multi-mouse causes problems, is that true in any shape or form? 

choppy crazy ass sound at the moment. I am running all this on a ivy bridge 3570k and a radeon 7970.

I had the problem with mame running to fast but fixed that temporarily by forcing vsync thru the driver, I am guessing there is better way thru these .ini files?

and ninja2bceen, that golden tee feeling off is not good for me. I do not play the golden tee series, but my friend loves them and was going to have me set him up one with giga's mame build, mainly for golden tee.

In fact this tankstick is his.

I also would love to hear of a fix or ideal sensitivity settings.

though this is my system I am working on at the moment, not his.

sorry, I should take these off topic questions elsewhere. Got excited about that stupid ass bowling ball moving and started rambling.

If you can figure out the sensitivity settings, let me know. You can edit them using tab within mame but I haven't figured out the right touch yet. Like to put I use three fingers and push the ball maybe to the first digit of my index finger and it goes flying. Haven't figured out a solution yet since mame 149

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I followed the steps in this thread, but no luck.  I'm using MAMEUI64.

I have multimouse = 1, mouse = 1 under 'core input options', and under 'core input automatic enable'  I have track_ball device = mouse

I have done this with the mame.ini, vertical.ini, and horizont.ini. (the vector.ini didn't have any of these options).  These .inis are located in the ini folder within the emulator file structure.

The trackball is functional.  It works fine in my OS.  What's weird is that the mouse works in the mame games.  (So like when I play Centipede, I can use the mouse to control).  But the trackball won't respond, even though I know it works.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated!

Okay so I wish I had not posted the above so soon.  I got the trackball working in the standalone MAMEUI64 emulator by pretty much doing the opposite of what this thread suggests.  I set the mouse and multimouse to 0 under 'core input options'.  For 'core input automatic enable options' I put trackball_device to mouse and mouse device to none.  I did this for vertical and horizontal and mame.ini.  So my intention here was basically to tell mame that there is no other mouse except the trackball.  And that worked. I can play mame games with a trackball.  I don't figure there are many, if any, mame title which use a traditional mouse.

Anyhow, here's the problem I run into.  I can get the trackball to work in mame standalone emulator, but when I launch a game through hyperspin, the trackball still registers as a mouse in the traditional sense.  That is, my mouse cursor goes across the screen when I use the trackball.  Is hyperspin/rocketlauncher/my OS (Windows 10) giving priority to the traditional mouse instead of the in-game mouse/trackball?

If so, how do I disable the mouse while a game is in session?

I hope the above made sense.  Thank you all very much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just copy the ‘mame’ config in the Ini folder and paste it into the main folder where your MAMEUI.exe is located. This should work for all MAMEUI64, MAMEPLUS  etc. MAMEUI64, MAMEPLUS etc should already have an Ini folder with mame config in it. Hope that helps

On 5/2/2016 at 2:33 PM, rbraden said:

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. I am using your 1.4 (51 systems) build.

I only use the tankstick for mame, all console emu's I use a xbox one controller (though I have not been able to get two together to work).

here is the part(s) of the ini that should matter, but then again maybe there is more to it. 

# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     
mouse                     1
joystick                  1
lightgun                  0
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                1
steadykey                 0
ui_active                 0
offscreen_reload          0
joystick_map              auto
joystick_deadzone         0.3
joystick_saturation       0.85
natural                   0
joystick_contradictory    0
coin_impulse              0

#
# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             keyboard
adstick_device            keyboard
pedal_device              keyboard
dial_device               keyboard
trackball_device          mouse
lightgun_device           keyboard
positional_device         keyboard
mouse_device              mouse

Thanks all

Robb

On 8/9/2017 at 6:33 PM, stampedem said:

I followed the steps in this thread, but no luck.  I'm using MAMEUI64.

I have multimouse = 1, mouse = 1 under 'core input options', and under 'core input automatic enable'  I have track_ball device = mouse

I have done this with the mame.ini, vertical.ini, and horizont.ini. (the vector.ini didn't have any of these options).  These .inis are located in the ini folder within the emulator file structure.

The trackball is functional.  It works fine in my OS.  What's weird is that the mouse works in the mame games.  (So like when I play Centipede, I can use the mouse to control).  But the trackball won't respond, even though I know it works.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated!

Copy and paste “mame” config file from Ini folder and paste in to main folder where MAMEUI64.exe is. That’s it.

Archived