Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Randomly losing Flipper Contactors?

viriiguy

mikekim brings up a good point. How are you powering all of this stuff? As I recall, you have like a 400W 4-channel amp (bridged), beefy overclocked computer, LEDs and toys, etc. Your cab's power requirements are probably fairly steep when it's all cranking...

The Amp is on it's own Dedicated 12V 10.6 Amp power supply. Everything else is powered from a 500 Watt ATX Power Supply that feeds the power thru Zebs boards.

If it was a power issue, I would not just be losing the Flipper contacts. Arngrim at VPUniverse is working on a replacement for the LEDWiz.vbs because I am apparently not the only person having this type of issue. He seems to believe that it is the culprit. However, he also says it will not be ready for some time. So in the meantime.... I will just have to deal with it.

If it was a power issue, then I would be randomly losing various contactors or toys. But thruout my testing and no mater what ports I am running stuff on... It is JUST the flipper contactors that fail. And I have replaced those contactors with spares 3 times now, just to be sure.

None of the others fail to fire.. not even the back bumper contactors when I get a ball just ringing thru them. They will miss some of the hits.. But that is because LEDWiz.VBS can't keep up with the number of hits... But they do not just stop working all together like the flippers do.

I agree with your reasoning. It was a long shot, but that's all there is left at this point it seems like.

Just seems hard to believe that it would be the LEDWiz.vbs. But again, I realize you're running out of possibilities here.

Did you by chance try creating a vbscript to fire off the contactors on-demand for testing purposes? As you know, when troubleshooting, you have to find ways to isolate the various components of a complex system. That would be another way...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, I have not solved it. It is believed by some to be a software issue that is rarely seen with the LEDWiz.vbs. However, I have no solution for it atm. I am considering testing it in other OS's as I did not have this problem in the prior iterations of my build.

• 1 month later...

Now I'm having this problem also. Everything worked great until I loaded up three tables tonight, then no contactors. I checked with a multimeter for voltages and everything checked out. I can run through the outputs on the LedWiz control panel software and they all fire. Load up a table and they all stop. This is very frustrating because everything was working fine earlier tonight.

Ledcontrol.vbs is the culprit, and directoutput framework is the solution

That may be the case in the future, but it's my understanding that the Direct Output Framework is still in beta stage and not officially released yet. There has to be something that can be done in the meantime. All I have right now is flashers, undercab lights, and front panel buttons. No contactors, knocker or shaker motor will work on any table. I can't figure this out because everything worked flawlessly earlier in the day and then instantly everything stopped working.

Archived