Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Predator Mame - Custom Arcade Artwork Design

dfwArcade

Hello spinners,

I just completed a stand up arcade cab design I wanted to share. The client had an interesting challenge in that he wanted to recess the Predator skull on the sides of the build. Add some LED lighting and he ends up with a pretty sweet Predator design.

Attached are some pics of the design build. Vince was a great client to work with and provided me with some time saving Photoshop and Illustrator files to hit the ground running.

The Side sample panels show the inlay skull design that will live behind the side panels. A circular hole will be cut out to recess the skull with illuminated LED light to pop the design on both sides.

The Predator Control Panel was based on the client's design layout. Originally the design was supplied to me as a space themed controller but we changed to the ancient alien Aztec look instead.

I found a great Predator movie title font that gets juxtaposed with the Mame classic arcade game text treatment.

Put it all together and we get a great looking Predator tribute with some very cool contrast of color and balance. Great project, thanks Vince!

If you’re interested in doing an arcade cab or any other design project please PM me about your ideas.

Thank you. All the best!

Josh

post-20148-142870593642_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870593633_thumb.jpg

post-20148-142870593636_thumb.jpg

post-20148-14287059364_thumb.jpg

Mame should be Mamed and covered in blood. Dripping blood and have a skull with the spinal column attached. I use to draw a lot of predator characters. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.post-2902-142870593666_thumb.jpg

Old picture from when I worked at apple computers.

Thanks man! The wall in fake 3D helps pop the Predator. I like the darks and stark contrast of green and reds. It's got a funky yet clean environmental effect. Put it all together and it's a looker. Thanks for the feedback.

As you know hardcore blood and skulls isn't for everyone so maybe the client was going for more of a tribute look. I really like the Mamed idea and if that was the case then some bad ass carnage would fit. Something to kick around for the next go around.

The Apple stuff is really cool. Was that for some web traffic to the film? I like the Alien effect and the Predator looks to be a well done 3D model. Cinema 4D or maybe 3D Studio Max? Thanks for sharing!

The Apple stuff was done around 2003 right before AVP came out on film. I use to use the dam smudge tool all the time like I was molding clay. It turned out really cool I did a bunch on desktop back grounds back then for this Apple wallpaper website.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Sorry I went dark building my cab....

Josh was great to work with and I would highly recommend him. Personally I think the graphics are fantastic and I have them sitting on my dining room table right now but the cab is almost ready for paint. The design actually changed in my head several times and with Josh's skill and my half baked concept this is how we ended up with it. I'm kind of a fan of the blood and gore aspect of the films but as a static pic in my basement I could see it getting old fast. I like the way it turned out because it's more of a tribute to the original character and not all the variations there after but it's just one guy's opinion.

I'll post up some pics of what I'm doing but here's one thing I should mention.... the graphics are so awesome, I changed my cab design to show more of them which has presented a few building challenges but all in all I'm really happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings unkelo,

Thank you for the contact and liking my artwork. If you'd like to discuss a custom design for your cabinet please PM me and I'll send you my email address. I'll email you the details about designing for a cabinet with some design samples of my work.

It'll cost about 250-400 US dollars to design 1 marquee, 2 sides and 1 control panel for a total of 4 designs. It all depends on the complexity of your design.

I'll need cabinet dimensions of all the pieces that will have decals attached to them. I design with a bleed around all edges to help with application of your design work.

Please let me know if you're interested in working together. I look forward to hearing more about your project.

Thank you. All the best!

Josh

Archived