Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

setting up Cave(mame) on hyperspin Android

MonsterCockie

Cave is arcade; the hash files are just for software lists. Standard MAME with PD MAME will do the trick.

Edit: didn't notice the android part; not 100% sure how MAME on android works, and what version it's on.

the system, software and bios must match to there specifications.

I've recently setup CAVE as I was having a play with the HFS15KBOX Rezz recommended. I'll include some of my cave.ini below regarding the cores.

rompath=/storage/emulated/0/Hyperspin/Roms/Cave
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=zip
parameters=cores/mame_libretro_android.so

The Mame2014 core is still missing from Retroarch's online updater....pity as I really need that for some other wheels (Capcom System 3,Sega ST-V)

I've recently setup CAVE as I was having a play with the HFS15KBOX Rezz recommended. I'll include some of my cave.ini below regarding the cores.

exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

romextension=zip

parameters=cores/mame_libretro_android.so

The Mame2014 core is still missing from Retroarch's online updater....pity as I really need that for some other wheels (Capcom System 3,Sega ST-V)

I tried running thru mame and it crashes. Do you have to put roms in system folder of retroarch

I tried running thru mame and it crashes. Do you have to put roms in system folder of retroarch

Sorry, I thought I included the rom path, edit has been made. They are located in my Hyperspin folder, I use a 500GB USB drive as adopted internal storage.

I'm definitely using the MAME Git. I've just had a quick spin through the wheel, most load, some do launch into mame but crash when loading. Maybe you're launching one of these "duff roms", perhaps try a few others. I'm not going to faff around as more than likely using MAME 2014 is the solution. I understand that I could add that core manually....but I don't want to root the device and mess around. I'll just wait it out and see if MAME 2014 returns to Retroarch.

Sorry, I thought I included the rom path, edit has been made. They are located in my Hyperspin folder, I use a 500GB USB drive as adopted internal storage.

I'm definitely using the MAME Git. I've just had a quick spin through the wheel, most load, some do launch into mame but crash when loading. Maybe you're launching one of these "duff roms", perhaps try a few others. I'm not going to faff around as more than likely using MAME 2014 is the solution. I understand that I could add that core manually....but I don't want to root the device and mess around. I'll just wait it out and see if MAME 2014 returns to Retroarch.

I tried and they all load to 100% then kick back to game wheel. Bummer

Someone post me a list of Cave games!!! I've not got a cave wheel, and it's not a machine I've ever been familiar with. I'm pretty sure they need BIOS files though, the mame packs usually come with the BIOS files included, so try putting the BIOS files in with your ROMs.

I tried and they all load to 100% then kick back to game wheel. Bummer

We are in danger of hijacking the thread! lol

I dunno Hemi. I know my Windows setup uses Mame & CHDs 0.161. I have no idea what's on the SHIELD TV as it's from the HFSBOX starter pack I'm toying with. If you have the 0.161 romset, I can try copying some over and see what happens for you. The OP said he has 0.164 so I'm not much help to him.

Someone post me a list of Cave games!!! I've not got a cave wheel, and it's not a machine I've ever been familiar with. I'm pretty sure they need BIOS files though, the mame packs usually come with the BIOS files included, so try putting the BIOS files in with your ROMs.

My WIndows Cave and HFSBOX15K pack seem to be using the same XML file. It's available here (http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/download/8069-cave-hyperbase-database-official/). Rocket Launcher (easier to read) tells me there are 43 roms, not sure if the XML is complete but that's a good start.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_(company)

What exactly do you need? I have an almost full MAME art set from which I could easily extract a Cave subset. I don't have one readily available, since RetroFE (I run Linux) allows you to define a sub collection from MAME without having to manually copy the artwork into a separate directory.

Just had a play with it, the earlier ROMs load no problem, but the later ones crash. I'd say this seems more like an hardware issue than BIOS issue, but if anyone has later game ROMs like Deathsmiles I'd like to see a video with it loading and of there settings and ROM set.

Just had a play with it, the earlier ROMs load no problem, but the later ones crash. I'd say this seems more like an hardware issue than BIOS issue, but if anyone has later game ROMs like Deathsmiles I'd like to see a video with it loading and of there settings and ROM set.

I'm not uploading a video but I tested Deathsmiles and Deathsmiles Black label with my HTPC, using Retroarch and the Mame2014 core. Both loaded fine to play, as I said the Mame2014 core is missing from the android version of Retroarch. Rezznate has said this missing core has stopped some of his favourite wheels working, he is waiting for the 2014 core to return....I shall follow his advice :)

I'm not uploading a video but I tested Deathsmiles and Deathsmiles Black label with my HTPC, using Retroarch and the Mame2014 core. Both loaded fine to play, as I said the Mame2014 core is missing from the android version of Retroarch. Rezznate has said this missing core has stopped some of his favourite wheels working, he is waiting for the 2014 core to return....I shall follow his advice :)

I thought (MAME) core was (MAME2014) and (MESS) together as one??? I can even run (SEGA M2) with the (MAME) core, not at a speed you can play it, but the roms load. All my arcade wheels are running through (MAME) core. And has anyone got Deathsmiles running on an Android device???

I thought (MAME) core was (MAME2014) and (MESS) together as one??? I can even run (SEGA M2) with the (MAME) core, not at a speed you can play it, but the roms load. All my arcade wheels are running through (MAME) core. And has anyone got Deathsmiles running on an Android device???

As I understand it...

2000 = 0.37b5

2003 = 0.087

2010 = 0.139

2014 = 0.157

Mame git = current rom set

Mame4droid has two versions (0.37b5 & 0.139u1) for certain Rom sets, so one is basically Mame 2000 the other Mame 2010. I tested my Deathsmiles Roms on my HTPC with both those Mame cores, it crashes Retroarch so I wouldn't expect any joy with Mame4droid either. Mame Git and 2014 will run them on my HTPC, Mame Git appears slow on android which is most likely why the roms aren't loading right.

You're asking if somebody has Deathsmiles running on Android. Some people probably do because they installed the Mame 2014 core when it was available.....sadly that doesn't help you as it's not available on Android's Retroarch core updater currently. If your device is rooted you can try and add the mame2014 core manually.

So as I've already said...On my SHIELD TV, Retroarch with Mame Git will launch some CAVE Roms but not all, ideally you want Mame 2014. DeathSmiles 2 doesn't load on either of those cores even on PC, the HFSBOX15K pack for Windows uses GroovyMame to emulate CAVE and CAPCOM Systems. At some point I'll try game streaming my PC version of Hyperspin to the SHIELD TV to access Wheels that Android can't do well or at all.

Archived