Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HiToText (Hi score support)

Fyrecrypts

Keep at it. Note ur exe had a slightly different name where it was to instead of 2 (or the other way around) renaming the exe to match the old didn't. Work however at the time. Not I copied the dat over and such, I hanvt reverted back there but am still using the old exe. Not sure if it's displaying any new scores added but seems to be working with all ur stuff MINUS the exe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally!

After one week of trials, writing multiple stub programs to dump every inputs and outputs, I manage to understand how to make it works with HyperSpin :)

BUT: I still cannot understand why it is not working in the old way.

The trick is the way the final data are displayed on the standard output stream:

/* working with HyperSpin */

Console.WriteLine("RANK|SCORE|NAME|RANK DISPLAY"+Environment.NewLine+"1|31234|CAP|7");

/* NOT working with HyperSpin */

Console.WriteLine("RANK|SCORE|NAME|RANK DISPLAY");
Console.WriteLine("1|31234|CAP|7");

Can someone with enough experience in C#, HyperSpin or data reading can explain me why the second solution is not working?

Why it is required by HyperSpin to output the data in one call to Console.WriteLine??

At the end of the day, the 2 methods are displaying exactly the same thing.

Can it be related to the way HyperSpin is consuming the data from HiToText?

By the way, you can expect a new release soon, compatible with HyperSpin and adding support for 20+ new games.

Regards,

G.

v1.5 released!

What's new?

23 new games supported
        Dragon Spirit, Armored Warrior, After Burner, After Burner II, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
        Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom, Operation Wolf, Operation Thunderbolt, Nebulas Ray, Final Star Force,
        Fire Battle, MX5000, Dyger, Change Air Blade, Chopper, Legion, Twin Hawk, Cyvern, A.B. Cop, Ace Attack,
        Dragon World II, Zero Team, Side Arms, Crypt Killer

hi2txt general improvements
        decoding speed significantly improved
        xml files now bundled as one zip for easier installation
        now compatible with HyperSpin -> installation guide:
            1.copy hi2txt.exe and hi2txt.zip in the same folder than HyperSpin.exe
            2.rename hi2txt.exe into HiToText.exe

As usual, everything (including full documentation), is here: http://greatstone.fr...txt/hi2txt.html
Feedback is welcome as well as game support request  smile.png 

Have a good day!

GreatStone

@griffin

In the v1.5, I just put hi2txt.exe and hi2txt.zip containing all xml files.

The installation guide for HyperSpin is the following:

1. copy hi2txt.exe and hi2txt.zip in the same folder than HyperSpin.exe
    2. rename hi2txt.exe into HiToText.exe

So, you don't have to unzip all XML individually, just to copyt 2 files inside HyperSpin root and rename one !)

If all I need do is transfer the exe and the zip to the HyperSpin root and rename the exe, well nothing shows on screen.

Then a revelation. Add path in HyperHQ to Mame.exe and bingo Highscore showing again and no crashing like the old version used to.

Thank you the great Greatstone.

If all I need do is transfer the exe and the zip to the HyperSpin root and rename the exe, well nothing shows on screen.

Then a revelation. Add path in HyperHQ to Mame.exe and bingo Highscore showing again and no crashing like the old version used to.

Hmm that might be it. However I have no files in my hl folder

@potts

Before trying hi2txt (or HiToText), be sure to use a mame release saving hi files, with its hiscore.dat companion.

Then, follow my 2 steps instruction to see them on HyperSpin screen.

@griffin, @gigapig

Glad to have evidence that it is working for someone else than me :) Finally!

It worked but I'm trying to figure out what gigapig is saying about adding to hyperhq? I didn't do this and it works, what do you mean add it to mame exe?

Tapatalk signature

It worked but I'm trying to figure out what gigapig is saying about adding to hyperhq? I didn't do this and it works, what do you mean add it to mame exe?

Tapatalk signature

Please look at the guide in my sig.

If you don't add a path to your mame.exe within hyperhq then high HiToText wont know where to search for your highscore files and hence wont display them within hyperspin.

v1.5 released!

What's new?

23 new games supported

Dragon Spirit, Armored Warrior, After Burner, After Burner II, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara

Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom, Operation Wolf, Operation Thunderbolt, Nebulas Ray, Final Star Force,

Fire Battle, MX5000, Dyger, Change Air Blade, Chopper, Legion, Twin Hawk, Cyvern, A.B. Cop, Ace Attack,

Dragon World II, Zero Team, Side Arms, Crypt Killer

decoding speed significantly improved

xml files now bundled as one zip for easier installation

now compatible with HyperSpin -> installation guide:

1.copy hi2txt.exe and hi2txt.zip in the same folder than HyperSpin.exe

2.rename hi2txt.exe into HiToText.exe

As usual, everything (including full documentation), is here: http://greatstone.fr...txt/hi2txt.html

Feedback is welcome as well as game support request smile.png

Have a good day!

GreatStone

I don't think cavern created a hi file but the other bold games work perfect!

Tapatalk signature

Next RL version (release within this week most probably) will allow you to choose using hi2txt instead of HiToText to acquire high scores on pause and Rom mapping menus.

You will just need to change the HiToText path to point to the file that you want to use.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

v1.6 released!

What's new?

31 new games supported

Golden Axe, Ghouls'n Ghosts, Wyvern F0, Strider, Xevious, Xevious 3D/G, Vasara, Vasara 2,
         Shark Attack, Shinobi, Aero Fighters / Sonic Wings, Aero Fighters 2 / Sonic Wings 2,
         Aero Fighters 3 / Sonic Wings 3, Aero Fighters Special / Sonic Wings Limited, Turbo Force,
         Karate Blazers, Lethal Crash Race, F-1 Grand Prix, F-1 Grand Prix Part II, Pipe Dream,
         Tao Taido, Hatris, Power Spikes, Power Spikes II, Welltris, King of Fighters '94,
         King of Fighters '95, King of Fighters '96, King of Fighters '97, King of Fighters '98,
         King of Fighters '99

imp: add -xml parameter allowing to display data in XML, for easier front-end integration
         imp: output table now accepts 'display' attribute
         fix: divide operation is now using a scale factor to avoid "non-terminating decimal expansion" error
         imp: operations can now use a unique field value to work on all values of a table column (ex: kof97)
         imp: nvram file is now supported as argument of hi2txt
         fix: display table columns and values even if all columns are using "format" or "src" attributes to build their values

Reminder for HyperSpin -> installation guide:
     1. unzip the downloaded archive, then copy hi2txt.exe and hi2txt.zip in the same folder than HyperSpin.exe
     2. rename hi2txt.exe into HiToText.exe. That's all!
     3. last RocketLauncher release seems to support hi2txt :)

Feedback is welcome as well as game support request or help    smile.png 

Cheers!

GreatStone

Just a quick question greatstone. Is your utility required because the old hitotext program won't read the current hiscore.dat files??

I'm using the old program....

Would like to update the hi score tutorial on the hyperspin website linking to your files if that's ok ?

Archived