The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Problem With IPAC2 And Some Pc Games

kilroym42

I'm have one of the strange's problem with my IPAC2 and some pc games. When I try to setup games like foul play and zeit2 the game act like I'm pressing up on the joy all the time. I've check my CP everything fine and I don't have the problem with any mame games. Any help would be great.

I would first try disconnecting any unnecessary external USB components to ensure they aren't causing issues. Most likely not but let's make sure. Try one of your problem games.

Either open notepad/wordpad or the IPAC software and see if the IPAC2 performs correctly there.

You might have to use autohotkey and map keys by utilizing keymapper in HyperlaunchHQ.

I use an IPAC4 and have had zero problems like what you have described. Hope you nail it down.

I'm have one of the strange's problem with my IPAC2 and some pc games. When I try to setup games like foul play and zeit2 the game act like I'm pressing up on the joy all the time. I've check my CP everything fine and I don't have the problem with any mame games. Any help would be great.

I had this problem too, I had to uninstall joy2key to get my games to work fine again.

connorsdad you where right. I'm not sure why joy2key would cause the problem in wasn't even running but everything worked great after I uninstalled it. Now I have to see how I can get joy2key to work without causing this problem.I still need joytokey for two player Skullgirls.

Thanks for the help

connorsdad you where right. I'm not sure why joy2key would cause the problem in wasn't even running but everything worked great after I uninstalled it. Now I have to see how I can get joy2key to work without causing this problem.I still need joytokey for two player Skullgirls.

Thanks for the help

I have it working without joy2key, what are you struggling with ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Heres my ahk keymap for the game incase you need it:

#UseHook
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 200
*LControl::a
*LAlt::s
*Space:
*LShift::z
*z::x
*x::c
*1::Enter
*5::f
*f::q
*d::w
*g::e
*a::t
*s::y
*q::u
*w::i
*i:
*k:
*2::vkDBsc01A
*6::vkDDsc01B
LButton::1

When selecting controls in the game for players 1 and 2, push player 1 stick left and player 2 stick right to select keyboard 1 and 2.

Keys 5 and 6 (My coin buttons) are back buttons. Not quite sure why I'm using LButton::1 :confused:

If it's an analog joystick (analog means it uses an axis). It might be a dead zone setting. Try changing the deadzone setting.

What is the deadzone?

Imagine a circle with the origin of the coordinates in the center of the circle. Now put a dot in the center of the circle. This is your joystick at rest. Its coordinates are (0,0). Now move the joystick to the right, It's coordinates are now on the edge of the circle at (r,0) left would be (-r,0) r represents radius of the circle. Moving it up gives the cords of (0,r) and down (0,-r). Now lets map the arrow keys to your circle. UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT. If the cords are (+a,0) j2k sends Right, if coordinates are (0,+a), j2k sends Up. If coordinates are (+a,+B) a & b do not equal zero. Then j2k sends Right + Up. In this case the deadzone is equal to 0% of the imaginary circle and any slightest movement of the joystick sends an arrow key. IT's called a deadzone because any readings inside the deadzone are interpreted as the joystick being at rest and no keys will send. If you increase the deadzone percentage this means you will need to move the joystick further in some direction than you normally would for j2k to send a key.

Your joystick might be coming to a rest outside and directly above the deadzone so joytokey is sending up.

Heres my ahk keymap for the game incase you need it:

Not meaning to hijack this post... But how did you get HLHQ to apply the keymappings? I posted the question in another thread, but no answer yet. I have the keymapping setup in HLHQ under the Visual Pinball emulator, but when launched it does not re-map. I'm sure I need to enable it somewhere....

Any help would be Great!

Thanks,

Ron

the problem I have with Shullgirls is that it only see my IPAC2 as I keyboard. In options only controller one is mapped and I can map player two. I used vjoy two sim a joystick and that worked but vjoy is causing problem with my other pc game . any help would be great.

the problem I have with Shullgirls is that it only see my IPAC2 as I keyboard. In options only controller one is mapped and I can map player two. I used vjoy two sim a joystick and that worked but vjoy is causing problem with my other pc game . any help would be great.

I wouldn't use vjoy except for the few games like TIE Fighter 95 for which a joystick is required.

Ok so the Ipac2 is recognized as keyboard controls by MAME right? If s just use the ahk keymapper if you need to. As far as the constant up on the joy, do other programs exhibit this issue?

so far two pc games show the constant up on the joy stick. What I've found out that if the vjoy program is in the system tray the problem goes away.But if vjoy is not running thats when the problem starts. vjoy has two parts to it the program that run the ini file and the driver. I think a process is running in the background even if the vjoy program is not.The problem with Skullgirls is that I can't get it to configure keyboard 1 and keyboard 2. Remapping keys won't work because in the control settings keyboard 2 keys are not mapped so there is no keys to remap too. Unless someone figures out something else I can work around this by having HYLHQ run vjoy at the start of my pc games with the problem with no keys mapped.That stop the problem and also I can us vjoy to sim a joystick for Skullgirls.

PS. I really don't like vjoy on windows 7 but I can't seem to get Skullgirls two players to work without it.

Reset Skullgirls to default control settings and use my keymap, both players can use keyboard. P1 keyboard 1 and P2 keyboard 2, just select like I said, left on stick 1 and right on stick 2.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That is really interesting. If the game actually sees the iPac2 as an actual keyboard it would be a keyboard that is "missing keys" because of the smaller number of inputs on the iPac2 compared to the iPac4 so that could confuse some games if it really thought it was a keyboard. I'll be interested to see what you find.

I forgot because its been a while since I set this game up but apparently skullgirls has a keymapping bug that causes trouble for people trying to set both players up using a keyboard. I managed to get mine working perfectly, I`ll upload my config file when I finish work later today. In the mean time try deleting this file C:\Users\User\Documents\Skullgirls\Save Data\BUTTONSETTINGS.BIN to reset your controls to default then try using my keymap.

Edit:

Heres my config BUTTONSETTINGS.BIN place it inside C:\Users\User\Documents\Skullgirls\Save Data\ and then try my ahk keymap from page 1.

Archived