Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Table Announcement: Monopoly by PD/BBB

BadBoyBill

BBB, I've played the real one and I agree that the table can be fast, it just seems . . . otherworldly on some of the flipper hits when it bounces off 3 targets and drains before I can hit the button again. The reduced slope seems to reduce this situation.

Maybe that's my new league strategy, reduce the slope on all tables to 1!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBB,

i've only just had a chance to download this today, i think i'm having a problem with flashVP loading for a sec and then closing. i have installed the toolsack baseline installer and downloaded the table pack with the flashVP and the monopoly table and .swf. i load the table and after a few sec's the flashVP seems to load (because all the object overlays seem to appear) but then it seems that once the table is finished loading then all those extra objects from flashVP seem to dissapear? this is all running on a single monitor under vista. my pc that i have setup for my cab is all disconnected at the moment so i'm trying this on my home pc. just to see how it runs. was there something extra i was supposed to do?

What version of Visual Pinball are you running?

Edit: Well obviously it wont work with vp8. FVP will indeed shutdown if it does not see the Visual Pinball Player process running, is your process named something else in the task manager? At the time of shutdown , how much memory are you using total on your system also?

BBB,

i've only just had a chance to download this today, i think i'm having a problem with flashVP loading for a sec and then closing. i have installed the toolsack baseline installer and downloaded the table pack with the flashVP and the monopoly table and .swf. i load the table and after a few sec's the flashVP seems to load (because all the object overlays seem to appear) but then it seems that once the table is finished loading then all those extra objects from flashVP seem to dissapear? this is all running on a single monitor under vista. my pc that i have setup for my cab is all disconnected at the moment so i'm trying this on my home pc. just to see how it runs. was there something extra i was supposed to do?

I have exactly the same issue but the game runs fine.

I'm happy enough with that - does yours run?

All other games work fine so I assume it's a video memory issue or something similar.

Gaz

Ok.. so the new version runs flawlessly on my desktop pc in single monitor mode. It is an i7 920 with a 280gtx.

On my cab, it doesn't run very well at all. I am getting about 10fps.

It is a Q6600 with an Nvidia 8800GT OC 512mb. It is a fresh install of Vista Home Premium 32bit. I did all the important updates. but other than that, there is nothing else on the system.

BBB .. v2 of the table plays smoothly .. no ball stuggering at all.

Only thing is I have to lower the resolution drastically to actually make the complete table 'visible' but that's the limitation of the card (256Meg), but this is also the case with the IJ and T2 table - nothing new.

Didn't change a thing - config. wise, just the standard v2 running on 2 screens (table on 1, DMD on 2nd screen).

Cheers,

FD.

Not sure about your issue, I dont use vista especially on my cabs. Not that Im saying its your OS, but I cant say otherwise since your hardware seems more than enough to run the table.

The thing is, is that my other pc is running Vista 64bit, and it works perfectly on one monitor. Maybe it is a Vista, 2 monitor problem...

For testing purposes, I renamed the Monopoly.swf file so that it wouldn't load. It improved a little bit without flash running the file, but I still only got about 30fps out of the table.

Maybe totally unrelated, but my 'Lord of the Rings' table also plays the same way on my new system (choppy sound, and ball and completely unplayable). I am sure that it used to run fine before installing the fresh Vista system.

All the other tables run sweet, so I don't know what could have happened to LOR.

For testing purposes, I renamed the Monopoly.swf file so that it wouldn't load. It improved a little bit without flash running the file, but I still only got about 30fps out of the table.

Maybe totally unrelated, but my 'Lord of the Rings' table also plays the same way on my new system (choppy sound, and ball and completely unplayable). I am sure that it used to run fine before installing the fresh Vista system.

All the other tables run sweet, so I don't know what could have happened to LOR.

Billpa's right, try running VP as administrator. Right click on the exe and go into properites. Click the compatibilty tab and click Run this program as Admistrator. See if that helps. You can also click Run program in compatabilty mode for Windows XP as if it that helps.

Good Luck and let us know if any improvement.

Billpa's right, try running VP as administrator. Right click on the exe and go into properites. Click the compatibilty tab and click Run this program as Admistrator. See if that helps. You can also click Run program in compatabilty mode for Windows XP as if it that helps.

Good Luck and let us know if any improvement.

Thanks, but I have UAC turned off, and VP9 set to run on admin. All my other tables work fine, exept for Monopoly, and I just noticed LOR.

I found this problem, and it might be related. All of the font in the instruction card gets jumbled once I see the flash part loadup...

dsc04512ogp.th.jpg

Does anyone else who is having problems experience this? Any ideas?

I believe mine looks like that too but if you hit the "I" key it blows it up and you should see it very clear.

Perhaps you have to run flash as admin or xp mode. Just a thought.

Hmm.. Good thought. I'll try it.

Edit: Nope :( Run as admin is greyed out (I assume because I have UAC turned off), and I tried to run in XP compatability mode, and it actually made it worse.

Oh, well.. It's not like I don't have 198 other tables to play :) I just thought that I might be able to get to the root of the problem for others as well.

Sorry I couldn't help. I'm sure someone will figure it out.

Maybe try uninstalling flash and reinstalling. Did you install the toolsack baseline installer first as BadBoyBill described? Also did you download the version 2 of Monopoly Table?

BBB,

What version of Visual Pinball are you running?

Edit: Well obviously it wont work with vp8. FVP will indeed shutdown if it does not see the Visual Pinball Player process running, is your process named something else in the task manager? At the time of shutdown , how much memory are you using total on your system also?

yeah, am using VP9, cpu usage when table running is aprox 60% while memory is around 70%. my VP exe was originally named VPinball9, i have tried changing that to just VPinball and VisualPinball but all still the same. i have kept an eye on task manager while this is all happening and from what taskmanager says, FlashUtil10c.exe, FlashVP.exe and FVpSvc.exe are all still running when the flash images all dissapear. i have attached a pic of how it looks when it dissapears, it happens at the exact moment that the rom finishes loading (when the rom makes its beep sound). sometimes when i exit for a brief second i see those images again? could they be behind the table perhaps.

i had my laptop near me last night so i tried this table on it and suprisingly i got the same probs (havnt checked taskmanager in it yet) both home pc and laptop are totally different specs, but both running vista though. if i get a chance tomorrow i'll quckly put my cab pc together to try this out (its running XP pro).

post-5596-142870571113_thumb.jpg

Just so you know, both my pc's are Vista, and I don't experience the same problem as you do (1up). My desktop pc runs Monopoly fine on single monitor, but my cab will not run it well. Desktop is Vista 64 bit, and cab is Vista 32 bit. Both running Nvidia cards. Let us know how XP pro works out for you. I might seriously consider going to XP if Vista is the problem (Im sure there will be more flash tables to come).

I spent over a couple of hours yesterday trying everything I could think of. I tried cntrl/alt/delete while FlashVP is running, and then setting affinity to all the programs to one CPU (thinking that quad and i7 processors might be the problem). I tried setting the priority on all programs to 'Realtime' from 'normal'. I tried updating and installing the new Adobe Shockwave Flash program. I tried four different video drivers! I tried running under XP compatibility. I tried running it without the FVP program. I even tried praying. :)

I just d/l and installed Toolsack along w/ version 2 of the table. Everything runs perfectly for me thus far. Unfortunately I don't have a cabinet setup and holding my head sideways to play is very painful! lol. However, I think I'm going to try and get some sort of rotating arm type setup for my monitor so I can twist that baby how I need it for playing pinball.

On the 20th I laid my screen down flat but due to the amount of effort involved it's not really a viable solution for regular play. I'd have to unscrew the stand from back of my monitor, otherwise it sits too high on my compy cart and I've gotta stand up to play. Hopefully the rotating arm idea will work though, I'll let ev1 know when/if I get one and such.

I'm awfully tempted though to lay it down again... lol.

Great work thus far BBB, much appreciated!

-Wahreez

Computer specs:

Nvidia 8800GT 512MB Ram

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+

2GB Ram

22' WS monitor in a wierd horizontal setup?!?!

Running XP 64-bit version.

I have issues with XP pro as well, don't think its limited to Vista. Its much better with Rev 2 but still not as good as other tables. I also have a ton of video memory . . . EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card. Is there an easy way for us to track frame rate? F11 puts up some numbers but they don't seem real (200+).

Just so you know, both my pc's are Vista, and I don't experience the same problem as you do (1up). My desktop pc runs Monopoly fine on single monitor, but my cab will not run it well. Desktop is Vista 64 bit, and cab is Vista 32 bit. Both running Nvidia cards. Let us know how XP pro works out for you. I might seriously consider going to XP if Vista is the problem (Im sure there will be more flash tables to come).

I spent over a couple of hours yesterday trying everything I could think of. I tried cntrl/alt/delete while FlashVP is running, and then setting affinity to all the programs to one CPU (thinking that quad and i7 processors might be the problem). I tried setting the priority on all programs to 'Realtime' from 'normal'. I tried updating and installing the new Adobe Shockwave Flash program. I tried four different video drivers! I tried running under XP compatibility. I tried running it without the FVP program. I even tried praying. :)

had a chance tonight to plug up my cab pc (running xp) and loaded monopoly and asociated files and i have to say results were much better. flash VP stays on and doesnt dissapear now, basically the table looks visually just as it was intended now. the only problem i'm getting now is a bit of ball choppyness (no, it's not a medical condition :)) during gameplay, just like a few other are experiencing. so this is a big step in the right direction when compared to my other 2 pc's (running vista) would make flashVP dissapear when the table finished loading.

my cab pc specs

dual core E5400 2.7ghz

2gb ddr2 memory

nvidia 9800gt card

Archived