Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Table Announcement: Monopoly by PD/BBB

BadBoyBill

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Believe It Or Not' I'm using a single GTX230 (1,5GB) card and the table (including UVP, HyperPin) is running smoothly => no stuggering at all .. nice & sharp graphics!

This truly is one of my favs at the moment! :)

With other tables I do have problems displaying the Playfield correctly (some turn out to be displayed as 'black') ..

Cheers,

FD.

'Believe It Or Not' I'm using a single GTX230 (1,5GB) card and the table (including UVP, HyperPin) is running smoothly => no stuggering at all .. nice & sharp graphics!

This truly is one of my favs at the moment! :)

With other tables I do have problems displaying the Playfield correctly (some turn out to be displayed as 'black') ..

Cheers,

FD.

I'm jealous. I have tried an 8800gt, GTS250, 260GTX and even a 280GTX, and the table still runs at about 8 frames per second. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I withdraw my earlier findings on the GTX230 (1,5GB) card having displayed 'black' playfields.

With the startup of some tables WITHOUT HyperPin (including UVP) on a 2 screen setup I do have sometimes the Playfield displayed as 'black'.

'HD Render' or lowering the resolution and/or 32-bit =>16bit) doesn't make any difference.

However, firing off the same Tables using the HyperPin Frontend (including UVP) on 2 screen setup AND with a tick in the box for 'HD Render' DOES display ALL tables (including CV, Spider-Man JP, IJ etc.) correctly and .. without any stuggering!

This also counts for all FP tables.

So I'm happy :) with this card after all.

Just to let you know .. ;)

Cheers,

FD.

Hmmm...can't get this to play smoothly either...

My setup

Cab setup - 2 monitor, 1920x1200 and 1280x1024

i5-650 processor

2GB RAM

GTS 250 1GB video card

Nvidia 182.46 drivers

XP Pro SP3

Tried setting affinity, etc. Have plenty of room according to task manager the proc barely reaches 30%. Will continue to dive into this one. Ball is just jumpy. Everything else responds well, don't get any trails, etc...but the ball is choppy. Set through F6 everything to disabled but get the exact same issue. Weird thing is that I get about 5 seconds of decent play then it gets progressively choppier.

Hmmm...can't get this to play smoothly either...

My setup

Cab setup - 2 monitor, 1920x1200 and 1280x1024

i5-650 processor

2GB RAM

GTS 250 1GB video card

Nvidia 182.46 drivers

XP Pro SP3

Tried setting affinity, etc. Have plenty of room according to task manager the proc barely reaches 30%. Will continue to dive into this one. Ball is just jumpy. Everything else responds well, don't get any trails, etc...but the ball is choppy. Set through F6 everything to disabled but get the exact same issue. Weird thing is that I get about 5 seconds of decent play then it gets progressively choppier.

have you tried adjusting flashvp settings in the table script ?

play with it and see if it makes any difference also does it play fine if you keep the dmd on the playfield?

have you tried adjusting flashvp settings in the table script ?

play with it and see if it makes any difference also does it play fine if you keep the dmd on the playfield?

Putting the dmd on the playfield does not help. Tried the flashVP settings to no avail either. It doesn't seem to be a power (cpu, memory, etc) issue. Like I said, play starts out good and then gets progressively worse.

• 4 weeks later...

Decided that since I can't yet ger UVP to work, I would try Bills FVP. That I got to work, and great work. Doesnt matter if its in Multiball mode or single, ball stutters just alittle, not unplayable, just noticeable.

Any-who, I was making a video of it, and the moon aligned right,the stars adjusted themselves, and bam...

Ball get stuck at the end of the video.

Just thought it was kinda funny, even shaking it didn't get the ball loose...

Its a Great table, and will be added to my favorites list. =)

LRqUMSOiahk

H4CK3R

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get this to play smooth either. I could swear that I had it running smooth when I was testing my cabinet earlier, but that was on the ATI 10.3 beta driver, and with 1 less monitor. I've tried tweaking a bunch of stuff, the framerate is still really abysmal, like it is for Rawd.

i5-650

Dual ATI 5750 crossfire

4 gig ram

blah blah blah

Hello,

Yep........... Mine plays just fine & dandy thank UW i think im in love.............

Thanks Tee Hee

No problem here works fine with Hyperpin and i feel good man!!

how about u?

Cheers

Adrian

ps H4CK3R CHECK UR PRIVATE MESSAGES IVE SOMETHING TO TELL U

• 2 months later...

I have been trying to get this table to run smoothly for weeks! I am running a three monitor setup. I had initially switched my DMD display to 16 bit color and performance improved. Today for some reason, I thought I should switch the backbox display (which is my secondary card) to 16 bit color. Bingo! The table is perfect!!

• 4 weeks later...
yeah, am using VP9, cpu usage when table running is aprox 60% while memory is around 70%. my VP exe was originally named VPinball9, i have tried changing that to just VPinball and VisualPinball but all still the same. i have kept an eye on task manager while this is all happening and from what taskmanager says, FlashUtil10c.exe, FlashVP.exe and FVpSvc.exe are all still running when the flash images all dissapear. i have attached a pic of how it looks when it dissapears, it happens at the exact moment that the rom finishes loading (when the rom makes its beep sound). sometimes when i exit for a brief second i see those images again? could they be behind the table perhaps.

i had my laptop near me last night so i tried this table on it and suprisingly i got the same probs (havnt checked taskmanager in it yet) both home pc and laptop are totally different specs, but both running vista though. if i get a chance tomorrow i'll quckly put my cab pc together to try this out (its running XP pro).

I'm having this exact problem, that was on page 10 of this thread, running this table on both my Vista 64 laptop and my Windows 7 cabinet. Was there a fix for this that i missed?

I keep hoping a non-flash version of this FS table will come out. It is absolutely GORGEOUS as-is, but completely unplayable on both of my PCs. And this is decent hardware - my desktop is an HT Quad i7, 12GB RAM, and a 5870 video card. My VP machine is a Core2 Duo @ 2.8GB, 4GB RAM, and a GeForce 280. And though it looks amazing, the ball stutters so bad I can't time anything, and that's with the flashers disabled and the timer increased from the default 7 to, well, almost any value.

• 2 weeks later...

I've figured out a work around for the problem I've been having. This worked for me in both Vista and Windows 7. I wanted to share in-case anyone else was having the same problem.

This is what the table looks like as soon as the dmd appears. All of the flash elements disappear.

1.png

Open task manager and minimize the visual pinball player.

2.png

Result. Flash elements are back but the dmd is now behind the flash bits and visual pinball dose not have focus.

3.png

"Bring to front" pinmame and visual pinball player.

4.png

5.png

...and yay, victory!

6.png

This table runs horrible on my laptop (64 bit Vista, 3 gig ram, 9600m GT, Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz) but is running seemingly fine on my cabinet rig (64bit Windows 7, 4 gig ram, GTS 250, i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz). My cabinet is a cocktail table with a 22" screen, so, I'm only using one screen @ 1650 x 1050 with the dmd on the play field. There is a little bit of stuttering when all the flashers fire but is very playable.

I saw someone post an issue with ball getting stuck in top right of playfield behind a ramp ...is there a fix for this?...I'm not running into any other problems with the table (slow, stuttering) like everyone else though...just this nagging problem...any ideas?...thanx for great table.

• 2 months later...

Tried to install this table and I got a line 44 and then a line 61 error.

All I did was put the table stuff in the table directory, the monopoly rom in the rom directory, and the first thing I did was run the tool baseline program.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I only spent a little time with this table last night, so I'm hoping I can get it going as Monopoly is one of my favorite games. But, I'm also getting terrible lag. I was curious to see what my frame rate actual was, so I installed FRAPS. The first time I ran after installing FRAPs the table was silky smooth and I thought I had attained victory! The funny thing was that FRAPs only showed 2 FPS. hehe

I then tried running it again and FRAPs would never show and the game was unplayable. :(

I saw that Trap had some success minimizing VP and moving some windows to the front, so I might try that. If I have any success I'll post back.

Cheers!

Archived