Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Table Announcement: Monopoly by PD/BBB

BadBoyBill

Hi guys,

Hope I'm putting this in the right place. I'm almost finished on my 3 monitor cab build which is running a GTX 560 and GTX 260 (for DMD). I tried Windows XP initially and had some weird issues with Data East and Stern games and the latest drivers (GTX 560s appear to only able to use later 27x.xx drivers).

I called it a day and decided to try Windows 7 64 bit hearing that some people had good results and my pc is pretty beefy. Everything worked "okay" in most instances but the Monopoly table in particular ran terrible. After following the various guides, trying different sound drivers, throwing XP compatibility on every .exe I could find, I decided to focus on the NVIDIA driver config and I now have Monopoly (and the other 20-odd tables so far) all running smoothly. I was wondering if anyone else was interested in trying these config on their NVIDIA based Win7 x64 systems and seeing if it helps them. Before these changes I had severe stutter in Monopoly - in Multi-ball the balls almost vanished half the time on the screen..

Here's what I did:

Using the latest NVIDIA non-Beta drivers (I think 275.33) I went into the NVIDIA control panel and selected Manage 3D settings and set everything as follows:

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Compatibility Mode

Power Management mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Threaded Optimisation - Off

Vertical Sync - Off

Tried again (running Monopoly at whatever defaults it was on, Flashers running etc and it still stuttered.

The final thing I did was go into Control Panel, go into Themes and select the Windows 7 Aero Theme (then set the backdrops to Black Solid colour again).

Tried Monopoly again and it's now running smooth as silk. (Brilliant game by the way and looks beautiful).

Would be interested in seeing if this works for anyone else. I haven't made any other adjustments to Windows 7 - haven't uninstalled any standard programs, stopped indexing or other services etc. This is a purely standard install (plus it's Ultimate so has a bunch of other garbage installed I don't need at the moment) but it's running brilliantly so I'm not going to fiddle with it much at the moment.

Hope this helps others out there - I couldn't believe the difference in performance by changing just a few settings.

Thanks all..

Good ideas on the Monopoly table.

I have a very fast computer and Monopoly is the only table that stutters, especially on multiball.

I will try this when I get home to see if it helps.

Also I now have all of my 40 tables working in Hyperpin except Monopoly.

It is the only one that just stays on the black screen now.

Not sure if it is the extra tool pack that this table runs or because I still have the FP Launch that came with the original download, but something is not right with this table. Runs just fine from VP.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Hi BBB,

Tried to run Monopoly is getting error:

line 38 FVp.Connect "127.0.0.1", 50000

Could not connect...

line 54 socket is not connected

How to fix this???

I have the same problem, no solution yet. Turned of Firewall and increased timer, still same error.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried this table out today for the first time and I gotta say - WOW... I didn't touch a thing (just extracted the zip with the table and flash and installed the baseline thing) - not a single slowdown noticed yet. FPS seems to hover around 63-64 during multiball and its VERY playable. I even changed the FLASH setting in the script from LOW to HIGH and it didn't make a difference in the framerate but improved the gfx drastically. I am running a GTS450 (playfield and 2nd monitor on same card) on an AMD Phenom QuadCore through WinXP and it seems to be flawless for the 15min I played. Awesome table ! ! !

I have the same problem, no solution yet. Turned of Firewall and increased timer, still same error.

Have you test this in option table :Changed the FVP Timer to 6000 and WORKS!!

you can see this in page 2 of this thread.

for me i have changed to 7000 and works.

line 44: could not connect

line 61: socket is not connected.

i first tried it without the roms then i got the roms and got this.

made sure flashvp wasnt on first and made sure it was running as administrator. flashvp is suppose to be in the table folder? do i have to run flash and do something in there?

Changed the FVP Timer to 6000 and WORKS!!

But the table runs chop and slow... table ball in slow motion!!!

What can i DO???????

Help!!!!!!!

i changed mine to 4000,5000,6000,7000. still gives me the errors

does this line in the script need some changes?

Dim FVp

'Start FVp Timer to allow server time to properly load,may vary default is 1500

• 1 month later...

Make the change to 7000. Save the table. Restart your computer and try to run the table again. Seems that sometimes old configurations/settings/etc. can cause VP to hang-up.

Simply an awesome table gentlemen, the colors, resolution, lighting effects, everything turned out simply spectacular.

Made a couple slight tweaks on my set-up to the table layout itself - please comment if you experience these issues as well:

1. Ball would often fall behind the parking target after going up the left ramp as opposed to hitting the target and then continuing down the ramp to the inlanes - added an invisible wall in that area that stopped that problem.

2. Left ramp hit in most situations would send the ball back down the left ramp (due to the speed the ball is going up the ramp and the bounce back?) - added an invisible gate to keep it from coming back down the ramp.

3. Roll the Dice loop behind the bank kept popping the ball back instead of locking n the drop area (due to the ball speed?) - added an invisible gate to keep it from bouncing back out.

Would love to hear if this is how it plays for everyone... Additional note, first time I stepped up to a real Monopoly machine I was pretty shocked at how fast it does play compared to most other pinball games - the real deal is super fast, the VP version does a good job of emulating that (maybe a little bit too fast but then I'd just be ni-picking).

Thanks again, great table, super pumped I've got it working on my cab.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Ok, I have the music up on mine so I guess I never really noticed if there wasnt any sound on the slingshots. I'll check and see what I can do about that, thanks for the feed back and glad it runs much better for you.

First... Awesome table!

Works like a champ, just wondering if you ever got those sounds fixed? My ledwiz feedback works for everything but the two slings and since I can't seem to get that working I would love to at least get some sounds.

I like this table very much and Bad Boy Bill did a tremendous job on the FVP. However with the advances in VP9.14, we can modify this table and make it run on just about everyones system without FlashVP. I am in the middle of updating this table and asked Bill for permission to MOD. When I receive permission I will show you a screenprint of the WIP.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, here is the modified version I have been working on. This one should play on anyones cabinet and doesn't required FVP.

It includes several VP9.1X enhancements and runs well on my cab.

Thanks BBB for permission to mod. Its still a WIP, but it's at the phase now that I think most people will enjoy on their cab.

Give it a play

http://www.mediafire...wgwt19gfv67g1z7

The LEDWIZ config for 5 flashers is already available and the flasher show is great in this game.

post-273-142870584509_thumb.jpg

ok, here is the modified version I have been working on. This one should play on anyones cabinet and doesn't required FVP.

It includes several VP9.1X enhancements and runs well on my cab.

Thanks BBB for permission to mod. Its still a WIP, but it's at the phase now that I think most people will enjoy on their cab.

Give it a play

http://www.mediafire...wgwt19gfv67g1z7

The LEDWIZ config for 5 flashers is already available and the flasher show is great in this game.

Awesome work. Looks and plays great.

The table uses the standard keyboard #5 key for add coin. No problem here.

You can also set it to freeplay in the rom settings (press #7, then navigate thru the menu with #8 and #9, #7 is select)

Very odd. I have tried new ROMs new table and still have the issue. I have it set to free play, only noticed it when my daughter started adding coins and everything locked up. Just have to esc out an restart. No biggie just checking if anyone else had the issue.

• 4 months later...

Archived