Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Table Announcement: Monopoly by PD/BBB

BadBoyBill

It really doesn't seem like a Frames per second issue. It is more like computer lag. (I can run all the other tables at top speed)

eg. I can hit my right flipper button 50 times really fast, and then sit and watch it go up and down for the next minute or so.

The sound repeats itself and is choppy, and the ball creates massive tracers. That middle right flipper that spins sometimes looks like a big red and yellow round wheel because I can see 'tracers' of it all the way around in a circle.

BBB, should I be messing around at all with Adobe Flash? ..or am I wasting my time with that.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds exactly like what I get as well for the most part. Maybe it is Vista? Not sure

It really doesn't seem like a Frames per second issue. It is more like computer lag. (I can run all the other tables at top speed)

eg. I can hit my right flipper button 50 times really fast, and then sit and watch it go up and down for the next minute or so.

The sound repeats itself and is choppy, and the ball creates massive tracers. That middle right flipper that spins sometimes looks like a big red and yellow round wheel because I can see 'tracers' of it all the way around in a circle.

BBB, should I be messing around at all with Adobe Flash? ..or am I wasting my time with that.

Sounds exactly like what I get as well for the most part. Maybe it is Vista? Not sure

Well, I am running Vista 64 on my desktop and the game runs 'near' perfect on one monitor there. It is alot faster processor and vid card though. i7 920 with an nvidia 280gtx.

I was playing around with the affinities for this and I did notice a difference between different settings. I have a dual core, so if I set the each to run off the same processor then it gets a little choppy and less responsive like the flippers wouldnt keep up with my button presses. So I set VPinball to run off processor 0 and FlashVP to run off processor 1. Then the responsiveness was better and no flipper chop. Maybe you can try playing with those and try playing with the priorities also.

I spent some more time messing with the affinities and compatability some more with no luck.

Would this have anything to do with the .net framework version that I have? I don't think I updated that with my fresh install.

Thanks FD. I am thinking that I will just pop a different HD in there, and run XP from that. It seems like ALOT of work, just to get one table working, but I am hoping to get to the root of the problem because I know there will be more flash tables to come.

I had time to play this last night. Definitely less to no stuttering from previous beta releases. However, I still feel the ball is not moving smoothly...its not stuttering as much as it looks like a sync issue...the ball is not tack sharp like the rest of the tables. I am curious if anyone else has this. It is definitely playable and I even got a two ball multiball and there was no slowdown. But the ball is not super crisp. I am thinking of trying a couple of things stated in this thread to see if anything works. I tried playing with the script settings but nothing really changed with the ball.

• 4 weeks later...

BBB, I loaded this table last night and all I have to say is WOW!!!!!! This table is beautiful. It runs perfect and I am running the DMD on my third monitor. Wife and I played it for 2 hours last night. It's a fast table just like the original. Hats off to you for making this table. Looking forward to more tables like this.

Thanks

BBB, I loaded this table last night and all I have to say is WOW!!!!!! This table is beautiful. It runs perfect and I am running the DMD on my third monitor. Wife and I played it for 2 hours last night. It's a fast table just like the original. Hats off to you for making this table. Looking forward to more tables like this.

Thanks

Damn. Im jealous. :( I'd really like to get this table going.

I assume you are on an XP system?

Hi - Fantastic table and I love the flash overlays.

Runs pretty well on my machine...

Quad QX6700

8800GTX

VISTA 64 - 4GB RAM

had to log off and on a few times to get it working but all good now.

One bit of feedback... the audio seems quieter on this table? Can I change the volume on a table independently?

Hi - Fantastic table and I love the flash overlays.

Runs pretty well on my machine...

Quad QX6700

8800GTX

VISTA 64 - 4GB RAM

had to log off and on a few times to get it working but all good now.

One bit of feedback... the audio seems quieter on this table? Can I change the volume on a table independently?

Thanks for this. As far as I know, you are the only one to get it working on Vista. Your system specs are way lighter than mine, and yet you can run it. I'm even more confused now.

Desktop pc:

i7 920

280GTX

8 GB ram

Vista 64

Monopoly runs at about 10FPS

Thanks for this. As far as I know, you are the only one to get it working on Vista. Your system specs are way lighter than mine, and yet you can run it. I'm even more confused now.

Desktop pc:

i7 920

280GTX

8 GB ram

Vista 64

Monopoly runs at about 10FPS

Have you run some benchmarks? Could be your drivers or motherboard drivers aren't up to scratch and causing a bottleneck. Probably not but worth a check!

Have you run some benchmarks? Could be your drivers or motherboard drivers aren't up to scratch and causing a bottleneck. Probably not but worth a check!

Oh ya. My system is running sweet. I get over 60fps on Crysis Max settings (no aa) 1920x1080. All other FP and VP tables run nice on this desktop system.

Max settings on Crysis, but 10fps on Monopoly? I really thought it had something to do with flash on Vista.. But you proved that wrong.

• 1 month later...

Archived