Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

(Android) Working Systems List

thatman84

There isn't an "easy" way but there are ways to do this with a PC.  Download the MAME .exe for whatever version you want to check with (ex: .139u1).  Then use mame -verifyroms on your ROM folder, it will tell you which ROMS are valid/invalid for the version of MAME you are checking with.  You can do the same thing with clrmamepro.

Stupid question but how do you run mame with -verifyroms? If poss can you list the exact steps for me please.

I have Windows 8.1 and mame roms on an ext hdd. At the moment I am getting dat files from progetto snaps then checking with romvault. I wasn't keen on clrmamepro.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not Working in Retroarch as of 8/21/16:

amiga, (UAE)

amiga 32, (Mame\Mess)

Amiga TV,

cd-i, (Mame)

Atart 5200, (Mame)

Colecovison, (Bluez)

Pc engine CD. Medafen PCE Fast)

Neo Geo CD, (Mame)

Odyssey2, (O2EM)

Pc-Fx, (Medafen pc-fx)

Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Fuse)

and virtually all the Mess items in Mame.

amiga, (UAE)

amiga 32, (Mame\Mess)

Amiga TV,

cd-i, (Mame)

Atart 5200, (Mame)

Colecovison, (Bluez)

Neo Geo CD, (Mame)

Odyssey2, (O2EM)

Pc-Fx, (Medafen pc-fx)

Thanks for the update but I literally setup Atari 5200 with retroarch mame git .174 today! Although I have only tested 1 rom because I am trying to find an easier way to sort roms against Hyperspin media/xml's. Using software lists is a complete pain but I don't think there is a another way.

amiga, (UAE)

amiga 32, (Mame\Mess)

Amiga TV,

cd-i, (Mame)

Atart 5200, (Mame)

Colecovison, (Bluez)

Neo Geo CD, (Mame)

Odyssey2, (O2EM)

Pc-Fx, (Medafen pc-fx)

I have atari 5200, colecovision, pc engine cd, odessey 2, pc-fx, Sinclair zx Spectrum working for a year

badhemi - for Retroarch mame/mess, did you need to use specific media/rom naming scheme (that matches mess/hash xml)? That was the only way I could get mess systems like 5200, Intellivision, etc. to work for me.

yes I did rez

Does anyone have a working core for mupen64? The latest build from Paulscode works great, but I much rather have it in retroarch so I can just exit the emulator with a couple key presses.

the retroarch core works great. What's the problem that you are looking for a core? As for exiting just go in input and go to hot keys and look for retroarch exit. I set my right stick for exiting game I just press down on right stick.

I know exit works great that is why I want to use retroarch.  I am currently using the latest version of mupen64 because the core doesn't work at least not for me.  I just get a black screen.  Others report it as well on the retroarch forums its seems to only be happening on shield hardware.  On other android boxes it doesn't seem to be an issue.  I have tried using latest nightly versions too and get the same result.  If you are using the latest core and not having this issue I would love to know what your settings are.

Yea I have tried using that too using both gl and Vulcan. It's a no go. Ur shield wouldn't happen to be rooted would it? Would love to get a copy of someone's older core file.

No sorry. This core folder and getting PS3 Bluetooth controllers working is the only reason I want to root but I won't do it!

Was having issues (again) with the Mupen64 core if you set the driver to Vulkan.  It worked for me when set to GL.    This bug seems to get fixed and return every few weeks.  

You have had mupen64 working with Vulkan?  Both Mupen64 and PPSSPP cores are supposed to be strictly GL.  If anyone has mupen64 working and has a rooted shield I would love to get my hands on your .so / core file.  For some reason retroarch doesn't archive their older builds.  Or if they do they certainly dont share them with the public.

You have had mupen64 working with Vulkan?  Both Mupen64 and PPSSPP cores are supposed to be strictly GL.  If anyone has mupen64 working and has a rooted shield I would love to get my hands on your .so / core file.  For some reason retroarch doesn't archive their older builds.  Or if they do they certainly dont share them with the public.

I believe you are right mupen core is not Vulcan compatible. Apologies for my confusing suggestion!

I wish I was rooted. I would definitely keep back ups. There was a guy at Retroarch forum talking about creating a git repo for cores for the same reasons. Not sure if he did it or not. Was a month or 2 ago if you want to have a search in the android section there

I'm hoping for Some Amiga action too this weekend! i may just use and external emu, but i rather not. @badhemi

Why dont you wanna root your Shield? I have zero issues with mine. I'm about to go with the Developers Roms that come pre-Rooted and can get official updates with no root loss. @thatman84

Just an fyi I wouldn't root right now.  I did but I just got into the shield game a couple weeks ago so I had nothing to lose.  For those of you that have working versions of mupen64  retroarch core... don't do it lol.  Unless lilcza can give us access to his mupen64 core... that is to say he is running on an older version that still works... you won't be able to get your hands on it.  When you root you have to unlock your oem first and it will require you to wipe.  

I generally recommend sticking with the official OS updates. The benefits of root are not significant for most emulation needs.

I figured as much. I was able to sideload APK games and emus without root access, so can someone that rooted their Shield TV explain what the benefits of rooting it are?

Archived