Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

(Android) Working Systems List

thatman84

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool

im still keeping an eye on this

will update in a few weeks. Got sidetracked by the Hyperspin Community United thread and sorting themes that work on Android

Badhemi whats your experience with themes? You have ALOT of systems setup

cool

im still keeping an eye on this

will update in a few weeks. Got sidetracked by the Hyperspin Community United thread and sorting themes that work on Android

Badhemi whats your experience with themes? You have ALOT of systems setup

In what way?

My bad @badhemi i didnt see your Mame chd folder post earlier. 

I know im late but just in case,

Its just standard mame folder setup i.e. kinst.zip with matching \kinst folder that holds the chd.

But none of it works in retroarch until the system folder is set to the correct mame bios set.

My bad @badhemi i didnt see your Mame chd folder post earlier.

I know im late but just in case,

Its just standard mame folder setup i.e. kinst.zip with matching \kinst folder that holds the chd.

But none of it works in retroarch until the system folder is set to the correct mame bios set.

so you did get chd to work with mame git? If so how do I set it up? Thanks what bios did you use

Yeah i did with my original 139 set, using a bios pack for .139.

But i've just recently updated to ,173 and i just upgraded my bios set to the .175 bios set, so even tho my roms should still work fine, I'lli need to update my romset once more.

I'll retest  it again on monday once i reupdate.

But i've just recently updated to ,173 and i just upgraded my bios set to the .175 bios set, so even tho my roms should still work fine, I'lli need to update my romset once more.

I'll retest it again on monday once i reupdate.

how can I find out what romset I have? So you have laserdisc versions of cliffhanger, firefox, is vs them ECT?

I'll retest it again on monday once i reupdate.

how can I find out what romset I have? So you have laserdisc versions of cliffhanger, firefox, us vs them ECT?

how can I find out what romset I have? So you have laserdisc versions of cliffhanger, firefox, us vs them ECT?

Don't think there is an easy way to find out. Unless you have an info text file or no file that states it. It's a case on remembering what version number you sourced. MAME gets updated regularly so you could narrow it down if you know when you got it. Someone else may know a way.

The best version quoted for mame4droid is 0.139u1 I believe. The current one is 0.174 or 0.175 I think

This thread is intriguing to me.   I was under the impression that CHD roms were not working properly with the retroarch mame cores.   

I am not using a 'bios pack' with mame but I did find a downloadable 'pack'.   

Did you just extract those files in the retroarch <system>/mame folder directly?

Currently I have /artwork and /samples in my retroarch <system>/mame folder.

This thread is intriguing to me. I was under the impression that CHD roms were not working properly with the retroarch mame cores.

I am not using a 'bios pack' with mame but I did find a downloadable 'pack'.

Did you just extract those files in the retroarch <system>/mame folder directly?

Currently I have /artwork and /samples in my retroarch <system>/mame folder.

I put all my artwork in my mame4droid folder and,they all work great

Did you use mame4droid 0.139u version? And if so, changing the xml list, wouldn't that mess up working arcade games of other wheels which run with this version of mame? Say, you got konami classics, if all your games in this wheel play with mame 0.139u and you change the xml list which is based on 0.164, would that affect games, will they still work, or do you have to convert the roms to 0.164 supported ones?

Did you use mame4droid 0.139u version? And if so, changing the xml list, wouldn't that mess up working arcade games of other wheels which run with this version of mame? Say, you got konami classics, if all your games in this wheel play with mame 0.139u and you change the xml list which is based on 0.164, would that affect games, will they still work, or do you have to convert the roms to 0.164 supported ones?

I have mame4droid139. I have different xmls for all 9 mame systems

Don't think there is an easy way to find out. Unless you have an info text file or no file that states it. It's a case on remembering what version number you sourced. MAME gets updated regularly so you could narrow it down if you know when you got it. Someone else may know a way.

The best version quoted for mame4droid is 0.139u1 I believe. The current one is 0.174 or 0.175 I think

There isn't an "easy" way but there are ways to do this with a PC.  Download the MAME .exe for whatever version you want to check with (ex: .139u1).  Then use mame -verifyroms on your ROM folder, it will tell you which ROMS are valid/invalid for the version of MAME you are checking with.  You can do the same thing with clrmamepro.

Archived