Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

launching several emulators from one wheel

mihaliousa

As the title suggests, is it possible to launch games from several emulators straight from hyperspin? I know this is possible through rocket launcher on the pc version. Would be awesome, if this can be done on android as well. Unless each wheel is limited to one emulator for the time being.

I'm not familiar with how Rocketlauncher handles this.   Is your interest to specify a different emulator per game?    So each game in the .xml file would have an additional emulator entry?

This doesn't work on Android today.    With the exception of Android games, the emulator is specified per wheel.

I really wanted this to work!

To be able to have a wheel setup like this would be perfect for how I want to play games.

Example (favourites wheel)

Sega Genesis Streets of Rage 2

PSX tony Hawks pro skater

Mame street fighter

Top of my list for features

Can't think of anyway to do this at the moment. I would really love to see this feature added in hyperspin on android. It's a great way to add game collections (eg. sonic collection) and be able to play all games from one wheel. However the collection wheels would not interest everyone but in my opinion it's a great addition to a hyperspin setup! If i would add a game collection on my setup, i would assume that i would have to point in ini file the android name of different emulators (matching the xml list) so that every time i would choose a game, hyperspin would launch the emulator and then run the game from there. Each game has a different emulator as it has to do with games from different systems. Does hyperspin check the first entry on the executable part of the ini file? 

Still, i am under the impression that no matter how many emulator entries you would use as executables in ini file, Hyperspin would launch the first entry only for all different roms. Like rez suggested, there should be an emulator per game for this to work

I'm not familiar with how Rocketlauncher handles this.   Is your interest to specify a different emulator per game?    So each game in the .xml file would have an additional emulator entry?

This doesn't work on Android today.    With the exception of Android games, the emulator is specified per wheel.

Yea this is how it worked on pc before rocket launcher, there is a line in the xml that specifies the emulator through an exe tag and it just pulls the settings.ini for that system.  

On my old setup before rocketlaunch it worked like this

<game name="sfiii3">
<description>Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (USA, 990608)</description>
<cloneof></cloneof>
<manufacturer>Capcom</manufacturer>
<year>1999</year>
<genre></genre>
<exe>Final Burn</exe>
</game>

It would just look for the Final Burn.ini and use those parameters to run games in your mame database using the final burn emulator.  It would be great to have this as a feature. We could then create multi-system wheels for fighting racing etc.

• 8 months later...

Yeah but i wanted to find out how to do it on pc, so i googled it and landed here,  rob3d post shows the old method :) i only tested it on one wheel  that was configured by a friend and i misplaced the setting and had to start from scratch. pclauncher is for the pc yes :)

Archived