Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Installing Hyperspin on a USB FLASH DRIVE . Not android just a plain USB HELP Please.

rxgamefunatics

As the title says.

I can do all the work myself and I have it up and running on my pc no problems.

What I would like to know is how can i set this up to run at my job or portable without having to change drive path every time on the settings.

Obvious I know windows assigns drives automatically.

What drives me bonkers is how the heck do these folks sale these drives and say plug and play if u can't get a drive to stay as a static assigned drive.

Cause they seem to have it down pack and its crazy how I can't get mine to work like plug and play style.

I really don't want to buy one when i have one setup for my pc as it is thanks.

You just have to change the drive letter in Windows after plugging it in a new machine to match the one you set it to in your machine. For example, if HS is drive M: on your home machine when you plug it in at work you just have to change the drive letter Windows assigns it to M: through Disk Management.

K cool I will see how that goes thanks a bunch

I set up HyperSpin on one of these as an experiment, which at the time was one of the fastest thumb drives you can buy.

SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 245 MB/s

Runs just fine as long as all paths are relative, so I could take it to a friends house and run it from another PC. 

Performance may depend on the PC and what games you want to run.

I set up HyperSpin on one of these as an experiment, which at the time was one of the fastest thumb drives you can buy.

SanDisk Extreme 64 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 245 MB/s

Runs just fine as long as all paths are relative, so I could take it to a friends house and run it from another PC. 

Performance may depend on the PC and what games you want to run.

I tried this out as well like gigapig said relative paths and don't use alternate video paths for anything I found they wouldn't work with relative paths.

Not sure what you mean about relative path.

In my settings ini fille it shows patch which is c:\   but in a usb it won't always be (ex. g: h: j:)   so I have no idea what relative path if you can help me thanks

Not sure what you mean about relative path.

In my settings ini fille it shows patch which is c:\   but in a usb it won't always be (ex. g: h: j:)   so I have no idea what relative path if you can help me thanks

I used the same method for the 51 System build (available to Platinum members in the download section, Plug) so users would not need to worry about paths other than Roms and if you do it correctly you don't need to worry about that either.

For me it's how you set up the folders. Simply create an Emulators folder and a Roms folder in your HyperSpin folder.

Open the Settings.ini file located in the ":\HyperSpin\Settings" folder and change the HyperLaunch path to Hyperlaunch_Path=..\RocketLauncher\Rocketlauncher.exe

You then just set up RLUI as normal and it should detect the relative path like in the picture below.

If I've missed something then let me know. The only problem I see is with disc based systems that use DTLite.

post-2819-0-26902100-1465318067_thumb.jp

Yeah just don't set a drive letter to any of your paths in hyperspin or rocketluncher. If you already did try removing the drive letters and run rocketlauncher a few time if you get an error you missed a drive letter in your RL settings. Check the main setting folder in RL and at the bottom are the  config folders check your paths.

Just to double confirm for idiots like me;)

Hyperspin relative path

Hyperspin folder = ..\

If I put ..\ at the start of folder path in any of the settings files it will look for the folder in the Hyperspin folder?

So if I had NES roms in C:\Hyperspin\Emulators\NES\roms

My relative rompath would be

..\Emulators\NES\roms

Archived