Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Cannot Find Rom ... With Any Provided Extension??

Warfare

Hi, I am setting Up my Sega Genesis on my HyperSpin and i ran into a Problem " Cannot Find Rom- D:\HyperSpin\Roms\Sega Genesis\3 Ninjas Kick Back (USA) with any provided extension" i Check the .xml and Rom name and they matched and I even launched the game from RocketLauncher and it Launched Just Fine, Any suggestions? :thanks:

Off the top of my head, if you have a "roms only" filter set in hq then you must also provide a rom path and extension. No need to set exe path though.

Also make sure that in RL, HS is set as the the default frontend.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

That error means RL or HS cant find the right extension for the emulator your trying to use. If you have your roms zipped make sure you have 7z turned on. Also make sure you see the extension in the list of whatever emulator your trying to use.

Ok, I Fixed the issue but Now when I Launch the Game the screen goes Black, I can tell I am in the Emulator because when i press F1 it changes the Country of the Console. Anything I am doing wrong? Also, i am having problems with Hyperspin being to slow, I have a moderately fast computer so, its not the computer. Any options to speed up Hyperspin? Thanks :thanks:

Do you have your rom extensions listed in fusion open RL global \ emulators \ fusion

and make sure your rom extension is listed there including the zip or compressed extension if you have your roms zipped or compressed

If your roms are zipped or compressed turn 7z on to true if they are not turn it off to false

Make sure you have the rom extension listed in HyperHQ and make sure your rom path is correct

post-3463-0-15723100-1468497021_thumb.png

post-3463-0-02680400-1468497030_thumb.png

post-3463-0-18830300-1468498063_thumb.png

Ok I mentioned that i got the roms to launch from HyperSpin but when i do so it shows just a black screen, i can tell i am in the emulator because when i press a button (cant remember which one) is sets the region, anything i am doing wrong?

I haven't used fusion in a while. So I'm probably not the best person to answer that question.  Maybe it's a region problem try setting country to auto detect. Not too sure.

Maybe try messing with your emulator settings just back up your emulator before doing so. I know if your trying to play sega cd and 32x games you need the bios for them.

Also make sure it works before trying to set it up through rocketlauncher or hyperspin

• 4 months later...

I just posted about an issue in MAME where I accidentally discovered If I had MAME open (MAMEUI64 in my case), I could not launch roms in RL nor HS. If I closed out MAME, BOTH RL and HS loading worked.  Don't know if it is the same for all other emulators, but try closing out RetroArch, Fusion, etc. before launching any games and see if that works. If so, I suspect HS & RL don't like to command an emulator to open when it is already open...  they get confused like the robot in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy when you simultaneously have tea and no tea in your inventory. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hello all....this is the error I keep getting...I can launch in the ui...and even in test mode...I've tried editing the path with notepad++....nothing works when I launch the front end..."Cannot find Launcher" error every time....very annoying...help,please! I just want my childhood back!

Archived