Koolbrez67's Cab Project

koolbrez67

very nice! I've thought about doin the same with my spinners.... Looks like my decision is made! I need two more spinners, a couple light guns, and three more buttons mounted above my trackball for total mouse control.

I'm loving the new HS! I was totally against moving on due to my old mame set, but glad I did. It forced me to update everything which is great! Game on dude!

P.S. I've been playin around with XBMC... I'm kinda liking it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here Dazz but do the turbo twists connect easily via usb? Also, how do they stack up with regards to 360 degree racing games (such as pole position) and 270 degree racing games (such as out run)? Thanks in advance. I was planning on buying one and have been scouring the web (without success) trying to get a conclusive answer to these questions...

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here Dazz but do the turbo twists connect easily via usb? Also, how do they stack up with regards to 360 degree racing games (such as pole position) and 270 degree racing games (such as out run)? Thanks in advance. I was planning on buying one and have been scouring the web (without success) trying to get a conclusive answer to these questions...

They work great I mean great. I will put a video up in a couple days to show how it works . But I'm loving it right now.

More photos of how i decided to do my control panel and a bunch of parts.

HPIM6179.jpg

HPIM6183.jpg

HPIM6182.jpg

I looked at the layout for 2 days. I then taped down the whole metal sheet with clear packing tape before I drilled out the holes. I killed my first drill it got thru all holes except 6. I went out bought a new drill and was pissed when it cut thru the CP like butter. I then had wished I had bought a new one in the first place. I used a 3"inch Bi meter hole saw bit for the track ball. I think the buttons where 1 1/8 inch. 1 and 3/4 for the joysticks. I used a hollow graphic plastic sheet I found at tap plastics. The lady thought I was crazy when I bought the plastic sheets for the sides. She really thought i was wierd when I said I wanted the Blue Hollow graphic sheet for the Cp. I used 3m super 77 for the CP glue. 3M 90 for the plastic sheets. Everything I used on this cab was meant to be durable and last 20 more years.

Photos of my project up close and a video demoing it.

GEDC0023.jpg

GEDC0022.jpg

GEDC0021.jpg

GEDC0020.jpg

GEDC0019.jpg

GEDC0018.jpg

GEDC0017.jpg

GEDC0015.jpg

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFAv_oGcTIM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFAv_oGcTIM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

I hope you all enjoyed it the extra photos i took.

Love the steering wheels as well! Those must be awesome for Sprint and pole position, but you should make some sort of analog pedals? You just use the buttons for now?

Very nice looking cab, excellent work man.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone looking at the marquee and saying KooKbrez67 it is a joke. Kook is a Cali term for crazy I was in the navy and I do surf I doubt that there is many surfers on the board. So I am the crazy team member is what the joke is I am the KookY one. I wanted to share it with you I get a big kick out of it at home and those who know me do as well . I use to hear it all the time "that guy is kooky Navy and Army what you got a death wish". Nope he is just kooky.

kook-aid.jpg

Archived