Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Koolbrez67's Cab Project

koolbrez67

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
That was really cool, I definately got to get that spinner and wheel, Do you have a gas pedal at the bottom, I dident see you push the gas button.

I use the arcade joystick the Utlimarc 360 and the gas pedal. I would love to have a gas pedal but they cost about 95 each.

I was adding new speakers today to my arcade but my Happ controls kiosk amplifier 49-5140-110k wouldn't work. I called them up and they said it was defective. I was upset cause It was giving to me as a gift about a year ago it was still brand new in the box. But the warranty was up. So now looking for new options for a amp. I can't wait as I got some nice 4inch speakers for the Koolkade.

I use the arcade joystick the Utlimarc 360 and the gas pedal. I would love to have a gas pedal but they cost about 95 each.

I was adding new speakers today to my arcade but my Happ controls kiosk amplifier 49-5140-110k wouldn't work. I called them up and they said it was defective. I was upset cause It was giving to me as a gift about a year ago it was still brand new in the box. But the warranty was up. So now looking for new options for a amp. I can't wait as I got some nice 4inch speakers for the Koolkade.

What kind of amp are you thinking about replacing it with. Not sure if you have seen the lepai amps at parts express. I've always used the lepai ta2020 with a pair of 3" tang band full range drivers and they sound pretty awesome. They just got in some new lepai amps so I'm thinking of getting the 4 channel model to try out.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=Mfg&srchMfg=471

I bought one of these last year and it's works great. For a cab anyway, and you can't beat the price. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/60w-stereo-audio-amplifier-for-car-motorcycle-golf-cart-red-91350

I haven't given this the test of time since I'm still working on the cab, but it sounds good and at least has a bass/treble and volume control.

Thanks for the tip.

How long did it take for your order to arrive from this Hong Kong based company and did they charge shipping costs?

It took a little over a month. The shipping is slooooow, but it's always free. Parts there are hit and miss on quality, but I've gotten a few things that are great. They have now built a distribution center somewhere in California to address the slow shipping times for the states. So, if it's stocked in the distribution center then it would be normal shipping time.

The actual amp I have is a variation of that one. It's blue, not pink. I didn't see it on there when looking, but that doesn't mean it's not hidden somewhere. I actually bought it because of a recommendation of someone else on this forum who used it and was happy with it.

I like that it's tiny and I mounted mine behind the coin door so I can reach in and adjust the volume if needed. It's mounted on the top/rear of the coin box. It doesn't include a power supply, so you'd need to get one or do some creative soldering from some other power source. I just happened to have a lot of power adapters sitting around from different things and had one that worked.

Sorry for the looong post, but hope that explains it a little better.

• 1 year later...

So I've been doing some upgrades to my Koolkade. I thought I would show you all what I've done so far.post-2902-142870617213_thumb.jpg

I switched out my U360's for some Happ Competition Joysticks. Picked up some Competition buttons they are so nice I just love them. Went over to groovy game gear and got there NovaGemCDR™ Coin Drop Replacement Pushbuttons that glow blue they are sick I put them down where the coin mech is and plugged up the holes on my control panel. I also rewired my Cab the right way. It plays like a dream now. I also had to repair one of my turbo twists so everything is back to running better than ever.

post-2902-142870617201_thumb.jpg

post-2902-142870617204_thumb.jpg

post-2902-142870617207_thumb.jpg

post-2902-142870617209_thumb.jpg

post-2902-14287061721_thumb.jpg

post-2902-142870617212_thumb.jpg

That sega mega play is really great! The arcade machine will fit in nicely with the capcom neo geo Nintendo cave ... Let me know when you release it so I can slap it in, great work as always

I will hit you up to test them out so I know that they are up to par. I will let you know when I can get them done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Eu terminei a Sega Megaplay mas não o Mega tecnologia. Eu acho que deveria terminá-lo e liberá-los. Eu também tinha um novo famicom 3DO e Super mas nunca lançado os. [Video = youtube; lk4otsfRS0Q]

[/ vídeo]

Como faco pra Pegar este Sistema com vc? eu Tenho 185 Podemos trocar se desejar,eu gostei destes dois seu ,como entro em contato?

Como faco pra Pegar este Sistema com vc? eu Tenho 185 Podemos trocar se desejar,eu gostei destes dois seu ,como entro em contato?

1st off, English forum, maybe it's better if you do the Google translate part instead of us

2nd, this thread and Koolbrez haven't been active in a long time...... so what do you really expect here?

Archived