Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Should be Aeon Nox XIII official theme of Hyperspin?

Crack__19

Should be Aeon Nox official theme of Hyperspin?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should be Aeon Nox official theme of Hyperspin?

• Yes, is better than others
    • Is good, but i prefer the original theme
    • No, default Hyperspin theme is better.

I have many years ( since 2011 ) setting and enjoying Hyperspin , but in recent months I have seen that Aeon Nox is visual , aesthetically and functionally better then traditional theme of vertical movement of Hyperspin.

I think it would be a good idea for the future HYPERBASE Live had an option to upgrade using theme of Aeon Nox . For those who do not know the theme as I pass some links .

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/5401-aeon-nox13-wip/page-1

Someone thinks the same ?

PD: It apologies for my terrible level of English, is not my native language.

I don't think it should be the official theme. Let me preface this by saying the job that dark13 and others have done on the theme is awesome and the following is not a criticism of their work. Aeon Nox is a more HTPC oriented theme and HS is known as being one of the most popular arcade front ends so if AN were branded the official theme that would probably confuse people or hurt that reputation. The wheel based theme is iconic and associated with HS. It's great to have as an option, but I don't think it should be the official face of HS.

RetroFE has also been using Aeon Nox as their flagship theme, and quite frankly their implementation is way more user friendly IMO due to auto image scaling, the ability to use normal art assets (no need for swf), and other factors. Again, that's nothing against dark an co., that's HS limitations and they're making the best of what they have. Hopefully HS development will make it easier for dark, tcmt, luxmen and the other guys producing these great themes to do so more easily and be less work intensive to create.

RetroFE has been my primary FE for a while now, even before the AN stuff because it just fits my personal preference better. I still constantly update my HS setup and switch between the 2 when I'm in the mood (thanks to RL that's a 10 second swap).

Why would it be a 10 second swap? I use both without doing a single thing in RL

Yeah it would be nice to have some theming options in Hyperspin.  Like "Classic Wheel", "Aeon Nox", "Unified Megatheme", etc., etc.  Choices are just cool to have.  Not official, but an option.

Aeon Nox how option would be the best solution, but i think that it's more difficult to do (in code terms). In a relative future a multitheme Hyperspin will be the best choice.

• 3 weeks later...

i say stick with the usual theme we have now but have aeon nox etc optional as a download on hyperbase live in the future, 

ps i agree with mark its no good for an arcade its more for a 16,9 laptop or maybe a console or i could see this on a rasberry pi as well but defintely not an arcade, 

Nox is the answer to the htpc users on here. However yes as someone stated above....for cab users running low resolution (myself included), Nox would not look good.

HS is still at its roots an arcade front end meant to clone Ultracade, so the regular themes should be kept as the norm.

Those who want to use HS for living room HD TV use could easily download Nox as an option. Simple.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived