Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mame upgrade

fishman

1 at a time, Unless you are on dial up or in any of the many Countries that bills your internet by the data usage. you are better of deleting your set and getting the latest set.

you can download the latest torrent, and do a torrent check on your current files.  You can save more than 50% of your current files.

I only do major updates or 1 every few months, and after a force recheck of my files I usally end up downloading 1-4 Gigs of the 50+ Gigs.

I think what's he's asking is whether he can just go grab the latest set, or whether he has to get 0.166, then 0.167, etc. You have the answer later in your reply, however, the best way to go about this is to just get the latest set. There's no need to upgrade incrementally.

I understood what he is asking.  and you still have to do it one by one. as each update pack can contain roms the later version does may not have.

you have to get each upgrade pack

165 to 166 update

166 to 167 update

167 to 168 update

168 to 169 update

ect

Ah, I see now... yes, you're of course correct in that he'd need to apply all of the update packs. If it were me, I'd just download the new set in its entirety.

• 3 weeks later...

1 at a time, Unless you are on dial up or in any of the many Countries that bills your internet by the data usage. you are better of deleting your set and getting the latest set.

you can download the latest torrent, and do a torrent check on your current files.  You can save more than 50% of your current files.

I only do major updates or 1 every few months, and after a force recheck of my files I usally end up downloading 1-4 Gigs of the 50+ Gigs.

I am in a similar situation, I am using a 173 rom set and what to get the latest.  My problem is that I have removed a lot of the non game roms and I don't know if a good way to update having done this.  What is torrent check (I've heard of it but can't find info on it) and how do I find it so I can use it.  I am assuming I will need to redo the removal of all the BS I don't want in my roms database.  

Archived