Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Exit button combinations

Dstealth

Hi, I hope I have posted this topic in the right place. I have recently just finished my bartop cabinet and I'm just putting the finishing touches to my hyperspin-fe.com setup. I have a few questions but the first one is: I have the Mess emulator handling my atari 5200 emulation. To exit a game I have to press 'Alt+F4' However most of my emulators use 'Esc' as my exit button and I have assigned 'esc' to my cab by pressing both player 'insert credit buttons' (using one of them as my 'shift' using Ipac Ultimate board)

Is there anyway to make this button combination work forall' exit button configurations'just so it's consistent?

You can set and exit combo or whatever you like in RLUI.

It's not recommended to use the escape key as some emulators use that key to switch between windowed and full screen.

You can also set different exit keys for different systems.

Thanks Gigapig. Could you tell me how or point me to a tutorial that will show me how exit all emulators with just one button combination. I did not know I could exit Mame for instance by other means than pressing escape

It pretty simple. Fire up Rocket launcher UI.

Now if you want the same key/combo fir all systems then select Global in the left pane.

Click the Settings tab and the make sure the Main Setting tab is selected also.

You should then see a box which says Controls, Exit Emulator Key.

Click the keyboard key button and in the pop up window select your options and read the tool tips if your stuck.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to post after this is a bit stale but...

Is there a way to make the hotkey for exit a button on a wireless Xbox 360 controller without using Xpadder or another 3rd party app?  I want to have a button on my controller exit the emulator no matter which emulator it is.  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, djdaveoc said:

Sorry to post after this is a bit stale but...

Is there a way to make the hotkey for exit a button on a wireless Xbox 360 controller without using Xpadder or another 3rd party app?  I want to have a button on my controller exit the emulator no matter which emulator it is.  Thanks in advance.

Yeah sure, just create a button combo in Rocketlauncher UI, I used to have a combo of the back button and Start, you can hold a button for a number of milliseconds.

You can also have different exit buttons for different systems.

Image 1.jpg

5 minutes ago, djdaveoc said:

How do you find out what to type for each button on the wireless 360 controller?

You don't type anything, you press the button with the camera icon and the press the button/s on the controller.

Makes sure you set your options like Hold Time before pressing the capture button. And of course use the tool tips.

• 2 months later...

So I've tried this and I can't seem to get it working.   It works if it test it inside rocket launcher ui (game tab and launch using rocket icon). but if I load through hyperspin it won't work.   It seems like hyperspin is blocking the autohotkey from running.   Anyone else having this issue?    Is it a setting?   

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using an x-arcade tankstick.   I finally got it working.  It basically came down to not having all the programs running as administrator.

I ended up using an autohotkey script to make the middle mouse button act as the escape button and then inside rocket launcher I set escape as the exit emulator key.  

• 10 months later...

I'm running into an issue with button combos. I'm using xarcade tankstick. I've set it up in a way that i use the side button to exit. Instead of esc  I have it as v. When we are playing, in the heat of an epic battle, someone bumps v, and shame is dealt for ruining the greatest gaming moment ever. I want to set it up as a button combo or hold. The problem is, if I set the multi press or hold or capture it throws autohotkey.dll error. Wtf? Is there a manual language the RLUI will accept? Why is it ~esc, instead of just esc? I've tried various versions of this to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks, KillaBLK

• 1 month later...

Guys plis help I want to set the HS start and exit from the game to hold the button, but after saving the given setting, it automatically switches to singles how to set it, I do not conceal that my blood is slowly flooding ;(

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 11:16 PM, KRIS85 said:

Guys plis help I want to set the HS start and exit from the game to hold the button, but after saving the given setting, it automatically switches to singles how to set it, I do not conceal that my blood is slowly flooding ;(

You have to check box BEFORE pressing the capture button.

Archived