Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Does anyone have a work-around for duplicate roms using the parent rom video?

Espgod

27 minutes ago, phulshof said:

I'm not sure I understand. Do you want to reduce the amount of games in your list, the amount of roms or the amount of videos?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure but it sounds like either get video snaps to play on clone wheels or if not trim out the clones.

@Espgod you can use something like Hypertools/Don's filter list to remove clones from the xml I believe.

i can't remember if Android HS can filter out clones from the filter in the settings file. Would need to check.

this all depends on the MAME romset version you have and the xml database version you are using.

8 hours ago, Espgod said:

I have several duplicates for MAME, which I can totally live with, but only one rom in the duplicates will run the video media preview. Is there a work around to this? Or is there an easy way to only keep the parent rom?

I'm not sure what you're actually asking either.

Are you saying your parent game plays the theme video, but the other clone versions of that game don't?

If so you just need to turn on the clones play parents videos option in your HyperSpin settings where the other clone/parent theme options are.

40 minutes ago, Metalzoic said:

I'm not sure what you're actually asking either.

Are you saying your parent game plays the theme video, but the other clone versions of that game don't?

If so you just need to turn on the clones play parents videos option in your HyperSpin settings where the other clone/parent theme options are.

Unfortunately those options and the parent only filter are not supported in HS Android.

Archived