Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Nintendo 64 and Sega 32X NOT in RetroArch

djdaveoc

I have Nintendo 64 setup in Hyperspin Android and when I launch a game it opens to the emulator instead of launching the game itself.  I have installed Mupen64Plus AE paid version.  I have about 5 other systems working as they should so not sure why these 2 are an issue.

[exe info]
path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\Nintendo 64\
rompath=/storage/3839-3731/Hyperspin/Emulators/Nintendo 64/roms/
userompath=true
exe=paulscode.android.mupen64plus/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity
parameters=
romextension=zip,n64

And Sega 32X does the same thing using md.emu paid version.

[exe info]
path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\Sega 32X\
rompath=/storage/3839-3731/Hyperspin/Emulators/Sega 32X/roms/
userompath=true
exe=com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity
romextension=zip,32x
parameters=

If anyone can help me figure out what's wrong and why these 2 systems both launch into the emulator as opposed to the game directly, please let me know.  And thanks in advance.  Again I'm NOT using RetroArch since I hate it.  Please don't even bring it up.  I appreciate it.

N64 can't be done..... well couldn't when I last looked at it, even asked in the guys actual forum. It's an emulator issue not a hyperspin one. You'd probably. E better off using the retroarch N64 core.

As for the sega one that should run just fine but if memory serves me right there's more to the command than what you currently have. I can't remember what it is tho but know I had that working when I used to use Rom Collection Browser within kodi. If I can dig out what the full command is I'll post it but I'm sure if you Google you will find

Thanks for replying.  Guess I'll just remove those 2 systems.  Just don't want to use RA at all and don't have much time to worry about this.  Thanks anyway.  Hopefully some day the devs will make a system that doesn't require weeks of tweaks that nobody has time to do.

I had n64 working using mupen64 nightly build. (there's a link in a sticky post) That was about a year ago. Files had to be unzipped.
It worked, but had some graphical hiccups. I still have it in HS for the compete look but now I picked up a wii U and use that for native gamecube, wii, wii u, and N64 virtual console. With the official end of Wii U, you may be able to pick one up cheap, and the latest firmware is still exploitable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I use Picodrive in retroarch for sega 32X and it works graet, MD.emu can't emulate sega 32X  :

path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\master system\
rompath=Emulators/master system/roms 32x/
userompath=true
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=32x
parameters=cores/picodrive_libretro_android.so

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:32 AM, BiZzAr721 said:

I had n64 working using mupen64 nightly build. (there's a link in a sticky post) That was about a year ago. Files had to be unzipped.
It worked, but had some graphical hiccups. I still have it in HS for the compete look but now I picked up a wii U and use that for native gamecube, wii, wii u, and N64 virtual console. With the official end of Wii U, you may be able to pick one up cheap, and the latest firmware is still exploitable.

Yep there was a nightly build that did allow for it, as I had tested that, however it werent the most stable for a variety of games and when they then did other builds they removed the auto play feature.  RA (retro arch) is your better option IMO and like Aftermath17 said theres plenty of help on here and if you can find it just ask :-)

On 2/5/2017 at 1:23 AM, djdaveoc said:

Thanks for replying.  Guess I'll just remove those 2 systems.  Just don't want to use RA at all and don't have much time to worry about this.  Thanks anyway.  Hopefully some day the devs will make a system that doesn't require weeks of tweaks that nobody has time to do.

There's always arc browser, kodi+RCB or gamesome. They might be easier to setup although I have not used them

For n64 and sega 32x I don't know of any setup when going through hyperspin besides running retroarc the 1st time and downloading the 2 cores needed unless you want to change button mapping. I don't believe either use a bios file.

I use both gamesome and arcBrowser. Gamesome is by far the simplest and the developer is great. (and free, with donate version) Very dedicated and open to suggestions as you can see on the Google plus page https://plus.google.com/communities/113067263558786832320

Arc browser is pretty simple as well, but isn't free. I created a theme which can be found at nvidiashieldzone.com that works great with the 3d boxarts.

Archived