Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

**UPDATED** Custom Sized Lockdown Bars $75!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I wanted to just add a little to this thread. I contacted Jack in late November and wanted to get a 3/4 completed cab. I wanted to build the computer, install some monitors and do no wood work. I built my original mame cab from scratch, but I also lived in a big home with an empty garage. Now that I live in a town home with a wife my options are limited.

Jack proposed some pricing that was along the line I was looking for and we agreed on final terms. I ended up selecting his wide body 3 monitor build. I built the computer and got everything running. When the cabinet arrived, it was packed perfectly. There was not a single fingerprint on it. His detailed step by step directions made the process so simple. With the help of a friend, we went from empty cab to fully running pin in under two hours.

Now I feel that I cheated the process because I didnt spend hours upon hours searching for parts, refinishing old parts, cutting and measuring, and all the fun stuff that I did for my mame machine, but OMG the finished product is awesome.

My and the family love it!!! We have been spoiled with the selection of games, the quality of play and beauty of the machine. I actually moved my Addams Family pinball that I spent two years restoring so that I could place the "SuperPin" next to the Mame machine.

Jack was awesome. He always kept us informed of the status, helped answer some technical questions and even followed up with some special extras at the end. I totally recommend him and his products. I know this may not be the proper forum for this, but it just needed to be said!

post-9629-142870572643_thumb.jpg

post-9629-142870572647_thumb.jpg

post-9629-142870572649_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Are most of these kits Gottlieb WideBody format? Finding Gottlieb front molding / lockdown parts is just about impossible. Only 1% of all pinball machines made were widebody and the last one was over 15 years ago. You're probably trying to make some concession for the height of your LCD, but if you can adjust the size of the cabinets to a Stern or Williams size (22" width) you'll have a much larger supply of parts.

Edited by diypinball

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I agree that Gottlieb lock down bars have become nearly impossible to find. That's why we decided to make our own stainless steel lockdown bars. We can make any size bar needed. We can also create a custom width flat pack to go with a custom width lock down bar.

The bars are made in the same way as recently released bars at $150.

But, they will not have the leading edge crimp dimple on the top. They will have decent rounded corners though. In our testing during gameplay these bars were preferred over the original Gottlieb bar due to a larger flat top area for the palms.

The best thing is there's no longer a need to decase the playfield LCD. You can buy a 37", 42",46", 47" LCD TV and make a custom cab / lock down bar combo to fit it! :cheers:

You can also ask for a much smaller custom lock down bar for your own mini-pin.

We are very sensitive to price so our custom lock down bars are being released at just $75.

We are also reducing our flat pack prices to $345. Plus, if you buy a flat pack / lock down bar combo it's only $395, that discounts the bar to just $50!

I will update the flat pack thread later this Weekend to reflect the changes. I will also supply pics of the bars.

PS: Any recent flat pack buyers will automatically receive a $50 refund to reflect the lower pricing. Plus they will be given the opportunity to buy their own lock down bar for $50.

Thanks,

Jack

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry. Just got back from a Canadian wilderness fishing trip. No telephone or internet were available. I should have responded before I left but we had several arcade/pinball projects to finish and ship out before I went away.

Just too much to do right before the vacation.

I have taken new pics of what's included in the flat packs and will update the thread by Monday.

Thanks,

Jack

Hello,

Sorry. Just got back from a Canadian wilderness fishing trip. No telephone or internet were available. I should have responded before I left but we had several arcade/pinball projects to finish and ship out before I went away.

Just too much to do right before the vacation.

I have taken new pics of what's included in the flat packs and will update the thread by Monday.

Thanks,

Jack

Any updates?

Just went to add some pics taken awhile back of what's included in each flat pack. But, my entire 4 gb flash card just crapped out on me! :banghead:

I added 2 pics I had elsewhere. They show the main cab parts all cutout. The 2nd pic shows the backbox parts just after they were cut out on the CNC.

I will re-take the pics of everything included in the flat pack and post them up by the Weekend.

Note that if you are local to Central NJ. we have decided to offer unfinished/finished cabinet shells starting this Weekend. Details to follow but they will be VERY affordable. :)

Thanks to all who have ordered custom lock down bars. We are placing our next batch order this Weekend so I will following up with everyone who has requested a custom bar.

Thanks,

Jack

Note that if you are local to Central NJ. we have decided to offer unfinished/finished cabinet shells starting this Weekend. Details to follow but they will be VERY affordable. :)

Definitely interested although it will be a few months before I will be ready for one. Keep us posted!

Hello,

My thread has been updated. Bad news for flat pack buyers and good news for assembled cab buyers.

Sorry if you are losing confidence in me. Please understand that I have a regular day job and I currently work 7 days a week trying to take care of everything & everyone. I have taken steps to free up more time and stopping the flat packs was one way.

Thanks,

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-built Cabinet shell kits are up on E-Bay. The thread has been updated to reflect this. The E-bay link is at the end of the announcement or right here;

http://shop.ebay.com/123gumby123/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

If you don't care for E-bay you can also just PM me if interested in a cab shell.

Please note that our custom $75 lock down bars will not be on E-bay. Simply PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Jack

Edited by ArcadesRFun

• 1 month later...

Our most recent order of bars were just picked up last Night!

For all those patiently waiting, I will be shipping them out over the next 2 days.

This most recent order of 10 bars was a bunch of different widths and depths. I will post pictures so you can see how how varied the sizes can be.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi,

No. There's no hardware with this bar. It's just a piece of bent stainless steel.

We do not use the lock down bar mechs in our own pins we build, we have devised a method that keeps the bar firmly in place.

VELCRO

We cut an aprox. 1" wide piece of Velcro the full length of the bar and stick it underneath just inside the leading edge of the bar.

Then we take another 1" strip and then stick that onto the front top of your playfield glass.

Now if you were to use the bar like this the bar would rock front/back as the playfield sits 1/4" tall off of the wood where the bar rests.

So, we cut a 5/8" deep piece of 1/4 " thick black plastic and epoxy it on the back underside of the bar.

This makes for a perfectly flat and tight fit!

You would need to let me know before I ship a bar to you which method you aare using ours or the lock down bar mech.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi,

No. There's no hardware with this bar. It's just a piece of bent stainless steel.

We do not use the lock down bar mechs in our own pins we build, we have devised a method that keeps the bar firmly in place.

VELCRO

We cut an aprox. 1" wide piece of Velcro the full length of the bar and stick it underneath just inside the leading edge of the bar.

Then we take another 1" strip and then stick that onto the front top of your playfield glass.

Now if you were to use the bar like this the bar would rock front/back as the playfield sits 1/4" tall off of the wood where the bar rests.

So, we cut a 5/8" deep piece of 1/4 " thick black plastic and epoxy it on the back underside of the bar.

This makes for a perfectly flat and tight fit!

You would need to let me know before I ship a bar to you which method you aare using ours or the lock down bar mech.

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack,

If I still wanted to use the lockdown bar mechanism how would I do that? I assume I'd need to find someway to affix the mechanism to this bar (ie welding?).

How is your method attached to the cab? With screws to keep it from sliding off with the glass?

Spektre