Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

**UPDATED** Custom Sized Lockdown Bars $75!

Please note that we have stopped making pinball cabinet kits.

Just too busy with our regular complete pin cab business as well as the arcade games.

We will however continue to make the lockdown bars for only $75 as our way of giving back to the DIY community.

Thanks,

Jack

Lockdown Bars -

We decided to make our own stainless steel lockdown bars! We can make any size bar needed.

We have recently changed our standard bar depth from 2" to 3". .It's more like a standard Williams / Bally bar now. In our testing during gameplay these bars were preferred over the original Gottlieb bar due to a larger flat top area for the palms. We also use a thicker gauge steel than seen with a real pinball lockdown bar. The results are near perfect!

Please see the pics at the end of this thread.

The original refinished Gottlieb bar is on the bottom of the first pic. The bars above it are custom ones we made at 26" and 28" wide.

The best thing is there's no longer a need to decase the playfield LCD. You can buy a 37", 42",46", 47" LCD TV and make a custom cab / lock down bar combo to fit it!

You can also ask for a much smaller custom lock down bar for your own mini-pin.

We are very sensitive to price so our custom lock down bars are being released at just $75!

For those of you who are not familiar with myself or Arcades R Fun here's a little bit of a background;

Arcades R Fun LLC has its beginnings over 13 years ago in 1999. My Wife Jan & I started collecting real arcade games. We soon progressed to PC based home arcade games. In 2003 we built our first PC based home arcade game from scratch.

In 2005 we took our part-time family business to the next level by purchasing our own 5' X 9' computer guided wood router ( CNC ) machine. This allows us to create quality PC home based arcade games, control panels and now…. DIY Pinball flat packs and complete plug n play Pinball games!.

We have been E-Bay Power Sellers for over 12 years with 1,000's of 100% positive feedbacks. Please see my E-Bay auction links here;

http://www.ebay.com/sch/123gumby123/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

post-15037-142870572932_thumb.jpg

post-15037-142870572934_thumb.jpg

post-15037-14287057296_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArcadesRFun
New Announcements

I think it’s great that Jack is offering these kits to our community. I know a lot of guys like me who just don’t have the time, tools or the necessary skill to build mame cabs or pincabs such as this.

Jack built my mame control panel three years ago and I was so impressed by the quality and effort he puts into building it , The guy does amazing work because he is pro at what he does and has the right equipment and materials to output ultra high quality product.

He is always been honest and puts the customer first. I hope those who are looking for mame cabs or pincabs seriously consider Jack.

Excellent idea.

Be a great help to a lot of people who do not have the time/resources to make a cabinet.

Shame you are not in the UK or I would order one!!! :o) But I feel P&P to the UK would be rather expensive.

Yes, the cost to ship the the UK would be more than the cost of the flat pack. I think the only way to make is cost effective is if 5-10 flat packs were bundled together on a pallet and then Ocean freighted overseas.

Jack

Well if any other members want one in the UK - let me know and I will about getting them all over on a pallet!

Hi Alex,

Sorry. I just saw your PM. Still trying to get used to looking for them regularly.

We cut out our cab just like BadBoyBill's.

We do not cut at angle angles for a miter joint. Take a look at Bent98's pics in the build thread link and you will see how it's made. We use a Pneumatic staple gun with 1-1/4" staples to first assemble the pieces together after they are put together with clamps. Then we use autobody filler to smooth out the staple dents. Then we cut 3/4" pine boards into 3/4" by 3/4" square strips and then place them in the inside cab corners and shoot on both sides. Makes for a very strong cab even without the stick wood. The stickwood adds the final rigidity. We use the same stick work for our arcade games.

The cab sides are on the outside of the front coin door piece which forms 2 seams. We use a very thin autobody filler again to achieve a flush finish. All told the minor filler work we do takes about 1 hour.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi,

Yes, I just added some info on that in the announcement section. See below.

""For those of you who don't have the time or tools to DIY your own Pin we also offer a complete plug n play table with a 42"/22" setup for $4,695."

It's pretty much the same pin as Bent98's.

Thanks,

Jack

Are there any provisions for cabinet joints, i.e. are the panels mitered at 45 degrees, or some sort of tong / groove or other provisions? Thanks.

hello i am wondering... is there a specifc reason why a mitered joint would be desirable? can you explain why?

The way the legs fit to the body of a pinball. Equal pressure is put on the front and side when its mitred - making the cab 'stay together'

If it was not mitred it would be weaker.

The way 'real' pinballs get abused whilst on the legs - Ive amazed ive never seen one split.

Its the best construction. If not mitred - it should be dovetail jointed.

Erm, I would say this is actually illegal ! As you dont own the ROMs or copywrite for any of the images, logos, music etc.

Im sure Wayne from Bally (Australia) and Gary Stern would soon put a cease to exist order on you, and I know Gottleib used to pull anyone hosting their rom files.

I was told that the 'Ultrapin' had a big license payment, and it didnt really have any 'theme' games like Twilight Zone, Addams etc....

I think if I was you - keep to selling the cabs, you may hit a lot of problems.

Hi,

Yes, I just added some info on that in the announcement section. See below.

""For those of you who don't have the time or tools to DIY your own Pin we also offer a complete plug n play table with a 42"/22" setup for $4,695."

It's pretty much the same pin as Bent98's.

Thanks,

Jack

Erm, I would say this is actually illegal ! As you dont own the ROMs or copywrite for any of the images, logos, music etc.

Im sure Wayne from Bally (Australia) and Gary Stern would soon put a cease to exist order on you, and I know Gottleib used to pull anyone hosting their rom files.

I was told that the 'Ultrapin' had a big license payment, and it didnt really have any 'theme' games like Twilight Zone, Addams etc....

Umm, I don't think they ever said anything about including roms... They are saying "plug & play", as in, you plug in your computer and then play.

By plug & play, I'm assuming that they are including the screens as well.

Umm, I don't think they ever said anything about including roms... They are saying "plug & play", as in, you plug in your computer and then play.

By plug & play, I'm assuming that they are including the screens as well.

From original thread:

These are some images and video of progress. The person I am working with will be offering a turn key solution minus the tables. This is a protoype box right now but I will keep you all up to date on the progress as things will be moving quickly now. If anyone is interested in buying one you can pm with your you contact information. It looks like $3,995-4495 is the street price. Which will include 2.7 ghz computer with win xp/GTX 250 1GB Nivida card, 42" professsional Presntation LCD, and 22" Backbox. It will be made from plywood and all wood cuts will be done on CNC machine to ensure a precise professional product.

He could also have problems with the cabinet art - dont know if they will chase him up - I know Wayne at Bally will if he is using Bally/Williams eprom files. Looks a great cab. Should I dare ask!!!??? IS IT STUTTER FREE ? Saying that - with all the work done - I think $4500 is a great price

Edited by jukedock

I seriously doubt that the cabinet is going to included art... I'd think that the artwork and software (OS, emulators, tables, roms, etc...) would be left up to the purchaser. I'm pretty sure that their price complete would be barebones PC, cabinet (wood parts only) and LCD's.

They don't mention anything in regards to the cabinet hardware such as legs, coin door, buttons, encoders, etc...

Clarification Time -

I have also modified my original announcement about selling "Complete Plug N Play Games".

I have reached an agreement with BadBoyBill to use Hyperpin in the Pins we build.

If you order a Pin from us the game would be complete except for the Tables/ROMs.

They can easily be downloaded from sites like VPForums.

The artwork from our very first Pin (Bent98's thread) will not be used.

We have created our own artwork from scratch for our 2nd pin that will be completed/delivered this week. I will post pics/videos of that game shortly.

THat artwork and aeveral other versions of it will be developed in order to offer game buyers a choice of designs.

Yes, gameplay is stutter free!

Clarification Time -

I have also modified my original announcement about selling "Complete Plug N Play Games".

I have reached an agreement with BadBoyBill to use Hyperpin in the Pins we build.

If you order a Pin from us the game would be complete except for the Tables/ROMs.

They can easily be downloaded from sites like VPForums.

The artwork from our very first Pin (Bent98's thread) will not be used.

We have created our own artwork from scratch for our 2nd pin that will be completed/delivered this week. I will post pics/videos of that game shortly.

THat artwork and aeveral other versions of it will be developed in order to offer game buyers a choice of designs.

Yes, gameplay is stutter free!

Great value in my opinion.

You could probably put the VP tables in, and just leave out the roms!

I don't think he will be providing any roms etc....just the built pinball machine and computer.

Great value in my opinion.

You could probably put the VP tables in, and just leave out the roms!

Wouldn't be able to sell the tables because that would be an authoring issue... not to mention the artwork in the tables being copyright. In fact techincally even telling people how to get the ROMs etc could cause issue.

Just stick to the hardware and you should be fine!

Lawyers can get you on so many technicalities if they really want to... There's probably legal issuses involved with re-selling the tvs etc....

Wouldn't be able to sell the tables because that would be an authoring issue... not to mention the artwork in the tables being copyright. In fact techincally even telling people how to get the ROMs etc could cause issue.

Just stick to the hardware and you should be fine!

Lawyers can get you on so many technicalities if they really want to... There's probably legal issuses involved with re-selling the tvs etc....

Funny you should mention that - if you are a retailer in the UK and you sell a TV that is capable of receiving TV programs - you have to inform the TV licensing people!!!

Like the other guys said - licensing is a nightmare - but it would be nice to see it running some VP games without stutter - just to prove its fully VP friendly! :)

Jusrt wanted to alert everyone that we updated the Flat Pack product details in the beginning of the thread with the following information;

Every Flat Pack now include the staples and stick wood we use to build our own pins and arcade games!

We build our own pins using 1.25 " Narrow Crown staples with a pneumatic staple gun. We use clamps to secure the pieces together and then staple from the outside edge to make a nice square cabinet. Then we cut 3/4" pine into 3/4" by 3/4" square stick wood. Then we place/shoot the stick wood into places where the wood forms an inside corner. Makes for a very strong cab!

You just need to supply the staple gun and compressor.

The air gun and compressor can be rented for the day at Home Depot for a small fee.

Most people have access to the compressor. The gun can be purchased for as little as $39 at harbor freight. Link below.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-1-...ler-66902.html

Then you would need to buy a small can of auto body filler and some plastic spreaders ( about $10 total). We use the filler to smooth out the staple idents on the outside of the cab. You would also need some 80-100 grit sandpaper to sand smooth ( good enough if applying artwork).

We will post detailed "How To" pics of this cab building method soon!