Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

DAMONPS2 NEW PS2 EMULATOR ON ANDROID

Pouteur

Hi guys !

Ther is a new ps2 emulator on android : DAMONPS2.

Yesterday i have made some tests :

- Gradius III and IV: The game starts and runs well (normal is a 2D portage of the arcade game that dates from 1985), but there are graphic bugs.

- Maximo - Ghosts to Glory: Here is the good surprise, the game runs between 40 and 50 fps and therefore seems playable!

- Castlevania - Lament of Innocence: The game starts, but does not exceed 30 fps, so it's too slow, too bad because apparently there are no or few glitshs.

- Devil May Cry: As for Castlevania, it's clean but too slow

- Ridge Racer V: Too slow, unplayable

- R-Type Final: here the game runs well speed level but full of graphical glitshs.

I hope, there will be updates to improve all that. In any case, count on me to follow that.

Thanks for the testing. It will be good to get the real state of this emulator on the Shield.

For anyone else that reads maybe this info from Agent47 needs passing on. There is a question mark over where some of the code has come from. Nevertherless im sure they are putting some effort in themselves.

"The issue is that it's not open source and apparently using GPL licensed code from multiple open source emulators which violates the license of those projects. They're basically taking code from other devs and exploiting it for their own profits. So if they are indeed violating the licenses they seem to be, nobody should give them a dime or support this kind of behavior because it harms the emu community as a whole and only benefits them." 

namely PPSSPP, Play! Etc. Unconfirmed

i will be following your updates Pouteur :)

I had heard of DamonPS2 but thought it was just a re-skin of Play!. Essentially being a "scam" having a price tag attached to it. Though when I heard it can actually play some games at ~30FPS and not a slideshow like Play! then I paid more attention.

When you see the menu, especially for Save states etc. the similarities to PPSSPP are quite striking. So yes they might well have "borrowed" from a number of different emulators (PPSSPP, PCSX2). I won't buy it as I'm sure the other Devs won't be happy and could well file to have it taken down/banned. I've noticed Reicast has gone from the Google Playstore...as has uoYabause (for different reasons), so it's quite possible that this will happen.

Politics and morals aside...it's still incredibly cool to see that PS2 games are in fact playable on Android devices! I've had the Shield TV for quite some time and I've watched it just get better and better over time. My friends initially doubted my purchase BUT with the sale this Christmas they have seen the light and are now part of the Shield community.

18 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

Politics and morals aside...it's still incredibly cool to see that PS2 games are in fact playable on Android devices! I've had the Shield TV for quite some time and I've watched it just get better and better over time. My friends initially doubted my purchase BUT with the sale this Christmas they have seen the light and are now part of the Shield community.

ditto

• 1 month later...

I emailed him in regards to the launch info and for a way to run Isos from my NAS device as i cant see or access my rom,s at all from the interface.

But if you want to launch the app at least here are the settings. 

Just saying...

exe=com.damonplay.damonps2.pro.ppsspp/com.damonplay.damonps2.MainActivity
romextension=cue,iso,img,bin
parameters=

Just wanted to say with all the talk of the dev taking/stealing from other devs, notice the exe line?

maybe we could try a few ppsspp items to get it to work?

Archived