thatman84

(WIP Tutorial) Commodore Amiga on Shield TV

This is the start of the WIP guide and Amiga Project thread

DONT REPLY TO THIS THREAD

REPLY TO THIS ONE(clicky)

For now this will become a tempory guide to UAE4arm setup with the Ultimate Amiga Raspberry Pi Project a helpful source of information in google

Step 1 - Install Uae4arm (beta)

You need to follow this link to sign up to be a beta tester to gain access to the apk that can launch games directly from Hyperspin.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/atua.anddev.uae4arm

Link above taken from the English Amiga Board and the post below

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1158186&postcount=349

Step 2 - Install Kickstarts

WIP

Database taken from this thread post

More to follow

Amiberry Android progress threads

https://github.com/midwan/amiberry/issues/206

https://github.com/midwan/amiberry/issues/241

Lools like cash may get the Amiberry emulator over to android. Theres a poll on the Amiberry facebook page.

The dev is struggling with the complications of building cross platform and a software upgrade will help the effort.

Im in anyone else???

Screenshot_20181207-085532_Facebook.jpg

No! Purely based on how they've been misleading on Android development to date. 

I have no issue paying devs for their time, providing they actively support and do develop the software. 

If (and it's a big IF) Amiberry is ported to Android and it is a noticeable improvement over Uae4arm, I'll use it. In fact I would even pay for it. 

Android users have access to the Google reward scheme. Answering surveys give us credit to spend on the play store. It's a great way for us to support devs, without us spending our own money. 

4 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Android users have access to the Google reward scheme. Answering surveys give us credit to spend on the play store. It's a great way for us to support devs, without us spending our own money. 

I should do some of that. Always gloss over these money saving ideas.

I dont really think Midwan done much wrong. He did say he would have something in 6mths but seemed he didnt fully understand the challenges. Now he does he is bringing a solution forward. I would rather help push it forward however I can...uae4arm is seeing very minor developments and amiberry seems very actively developed.

Not gonna wait around though, uae4arm is the focus until something better comes along

10 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I dont really think Midwan done much wrong. He did say he would have something in 6mths but seemed he didnt fully understand the challenges. Now he does he is bringing a solution forward. I would rather help push it forward however I can...uae4arm is seeing very minor developments and amiberry seems very actively developed

No! He said he'd compiled the emulator in android studio which was a lie. He finally admitted it was the "Hello world" simple program instead. In essence they're learning how to develop on Android.

I remember this all too well because I wasted time trying to compile it because of what they said, when it was never going to work! 

It's in their own interest to Port it to Android. There are faaaar more android users than Raspberry Pi owners. Providing they don't price it stupidly people will pay for it. Doesn't take long to save up a couple of quid with Google rewards. The Amiga kickstarts are £1.79 iirc

I wish them luck with it BUT I'll believe it when I see it. They only have themselves to blame for that

23 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

No! He said he'd compiled the emulator in android studio which was a lie.

Ah I get ya now. Fair point

Im a forgiver anyway, but yes will believe it when I see it also.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Honosuseri
      A video to help you understand the Redream emulator, covering issues and questions you might have. Currently Redream doesn't use launch intent but it will be added soon. I'll do another video to help with setting it up with Hyperspin (for STV) and Arc Browser (for phones & STV) once that feature is added in.

• By Honosuseri
      https://redream.io/

The Redream emulator for Sega Dreamcast, is available on the google playstore. I know people struggled with setting up the standalone Reicast emulator, Redream is far easier. No extra BIOS files are required and it detected my gamepad straight away, even found the game files!

I have asked about launch intent, so the app is compatible with frontends like Hyperspin and Arc Browser. The reply I got was he meant to add the feature last night but "forgot" as inundated with day one crash reports. Once the feature is implemented, I'll do a video showcasing the emulator and show my settings.ini for Hyperspin
    • By Honosuseri
      As you probably know there is a RetroArch core to play Daphne games BUT currently it's broken! I wish the developer luck getting the official core stable.

Thanks to @Reznnate. We now have access again to the working test core (HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1frcFNWPinSkfyafsBXsnfHd46_kS1yIY). We can install this .so file through a new feature in RA, an install core option under "load cores" has been added. I've put together a video to help you peeps understand the Daphne game files and the settings required to get the games playing through RA and Hyperspin. I hope it's of help to some of you....

• By zerojay
      A few days ago, I decompiled and edited the Hyperspin APK to allow users to use 32-bit and 64-bit installations of Retroarch together. It's been confirmed working by the community and you can find that edited APK here: https://zerojay.com/nextcloud/index.php/s/3QfPqYM4A6ymjr4
      It works as you would have originally expected using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Retroarch to work, so in your Settings_Android system ini file, change the exe to com.retroarch to use the 32-bit version or change it to com.retroarch.aarch64 to use the 64-bit version.
      32-bit Retroarch: exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture 64-bit Retroarch: exe=com.retroarch.aarch64/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture Currently, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Retroarch will be called using the 32-bit configuration files, however I will likely be updating the APK to allow you to use the 64-bit configs as well for those who may wish to use different settings for both. When that happens, I'll keep both versions of the APK available so that you can decide what you want to use.

So now that the community has solved the Retroarch 32-bit problem, it would be really helpful to compile a list of cores and the version of Retroarch that it works best under. In some cases, certain cores currently only function under one or the other, but not both. In some rare cases, cores stopped working like Daphne, so again, these are things that we would like to call out. (By the way, for anything like Daphne where more recent cores no longer work, I can host them for the community if needed. Just let me know (and I do myself still need to get that working Daphne core myself).

I'll update the top post here to reflect the community's findings so that people only need to come to one place to find the info they need.
      --- Core Information ----
      atari800 - non-functional on 32-bit due to Android security changes, use 64-bit Retroarch core.
      mame - Latest version of MAME core only recently started compiling on 32-bit, not available yet on 64-bit.

EDIT: Updated link for latest updated build.