Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin and Your Significant Other

LSDguy

My wife hates me spending time on these projects.

Since my office didn't have space for a cabinet, I built this:

https://plus.google.com/photos/114555912323326795972/albums/5998064004391455249?hl=en_US

Which she wasn't a huge fan, but then played hours of Galaga, and her opinion improved.

Of course that just wet my whistle for another project. I knew we didn't have a lot of space, but I built this out of some spare parts from a cheap desk hutch:

https://plus.google.com/photos/114555912323326795972/albums/6015958575856443281

Wife gives me dirty looks every time I use it for now. I'll get her to do some 2 player Soul Calibur and she'll be hooked.

Love it dude! Crapcade is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
now your gonna be the one bitching about putting a coaster under that drink lol

Hmm. Didn't think about that. Now I can hear myself saying "Damn it that isn't a coffee table it's an arcade machine hold ya bloody drink".

• 5 weeks later...

I have an empty mortal kombat 2 cab in the workshop.....The wife doesn't want a full sized cab in the house.....and occasionally I get the what are you doing "Ooooooooh f*#$×&g hyperspin again" or how much will this piece cost. Other than that....I work my ass off all week and don't ask for much. So I don't catch that much hell. She just wants me to complete it so she can play all the mario cart games....lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have an empty mortal kombat 2 cab in the workshop.....The wife doesn't want a full sized cab in the house.....and occasionally I get the what are you doing "Ooooooooh f*#$×&g hyperspin again" or how much will this piece cost. Other than that....I work my ass off all week and don't ask for much. So I don't catch that much hell. She just wants me to complete it so she can play all the mario cart games....lol.

Nice brother! Looking forward to seeing the cab complete. Keep up the good work!

I'm building a bartop for HS.....guts from the mk cab are going on ebay...and I'm going to build an xxx in 1 cab with the mk2 cab....then make a few bucks off of that....kind of funds the HS project and keeps me out of the wife's cross hairs. Happy wife ,happy life.

My wife just scored this for our anniversary, 8 years... I put about 55 hours in to it, paint was super tedious... She's had it for a week, never played it

post-9833-142870634919_thumb.jpg

I could build 3 cabs and I don't think she would bat an eye.....getting the new motorcycle past her is a whole different animal....lol.

Yeah dude, I'm taking my motorcycle safety course in a week. The fiancé ain't to happy. But I don't give a damn. I really want to learn to ride and I need to do it. Ultimately she can't stop me. Some things you gotta go to battle for.

My wife just scored this for our anniversary, 8 years... I put about 55 hours in to it, paint was super tedious... She's had it for a week, never played it

[ATTACH]42052[/ATTACH]

Is she a big fan? That's really nice bro! Even if she doesn't play it, if she is a fan, I trust she's telling the other girls you're awesome!

Been riding since I was a kid...All women worry....don't fight with her...reassure her that you will be careful...." there are 2 types of riders...those that have dumped a bike....and those that are going to....

I've been on a bike for almost 40 years....just be safe and take this advice

Respect the bike and never get to comfortable. ..The day you stop respecting it ...it will kill you

And.......

Always imagine that you are invisible. ...because you are.

Been riding since I was a kid...All women worry....don't fight with her...reassure her that you will be careful...." there are 2 types of riders...those that have dumped a bike....and those that are going to....

I've been on a bike for almost 40 years....just be safe and take this advice

Respect the bike and never get to comfortable. ..The day you stop respecting it ...it will kill you

And.......

Always imagine that you are invisible. ...because you are.

Thanks for the good advice man! Yeah, I'm preaching the gospel of safety around her. And watching as much YouTube safety tips as I can.

The bike is not the problem for me....The price is...for her...

What do you recommend for a cool cheap beginner bike? I want it to still have a vintage look and feel...1500 bucks?

The problem with that is .....how tall are you? What do you weigh? .....a lot of it depends on how mechanically inclined you are. Older bikes always need work. It's not like driving a beater car with a few things wrong....A bike has to be in damn near perfect running condition. ...honesty a good size for a starter is an 800 Virago it's not too small ,you will get tired of a 500 in 6 months. classic look....affordable.

Sorry for hijacking this thread......back to pissed off wives/husbands/hyperspin. ...lol.

Hahah yeah ill pm you dude!! Yeah, Back to Significant others

Just read the thread and I was rolling! Thanks all for the good laugh. I got a good one...mentioned I wanted to build an arcade and she hands me 300 bucks to buy a used cab to gut. No complaints around here. The most she ever says is.....are you going to geek out again, my reply "yes", her reply "Ill go read my book". Got it made in the shade fellas! Hopefully Ill be building something cool real soon.

My wife has always supported any hobbies I have and I do the same for her. I feel that is the way any relationship should be as long as it is not destructive or bleeding out $ you don't have. Plus, the arcades always make parties more fun.

udapytet.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My wife has always supported any hobbies I have and I do the same for her. I feel that is the way any relationship should be as long as it is not destructive or bleeding out $ you don't have. Plus, the arcades always make parties more fun.

udapytet.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Nice dudes! My fiancé is very sweet and supportive! Once we buy our house she fully supports the ManCade project of my dreams!!

[ATTACH]42052[/ATTACH]

Was it really for your wive? Sounds like a "Homer bawling ball"

Archived