Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin and Your Significant Other

LSDguy

Was it really for your wive? Sounds like a "Homer bawling ball"

She finally played it this evening, and actually wasn't too bad at it :)

And yes, mine supports it too (ms pac is the only machine she has asked me for )

post-9833-14287063495_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for me, my ex-wife, whom I'm patiently waiting for someone to drop a house on :D, always hated anything video game related except for Bejeweled on her phone, so even after 14 years of marriage, an arcade cab was never going to happen for me. My fiancee', whom I've been with for the last year and a half, has said that the only way I can build a cab is if I can make the CP modular lol. I created a monster when she saw my HyperSpin setup, then she was looking through cabinet designs with me and said, "As long as the main CP is set up for 4 players so my sister, me and two of my friends can play TMNT the way it was meant to be played, then it needs a driving CP for Pole Position, and a trackball somewhere in there for Centipede, then you can build it." I can honestly say I think I've found the woman of my dreams lol. I caught her looking at CP's on various sites and she is telling me that we have to come up with a dual-stick configuration now for Smash TV, god I love this woman lol :D

Well for me, my ex-wife, whom I'm patiently waiting for someone to drop a house on :D, always hated anything video game related except for Bejeweled on her phone, so even after 14 years of marriage, an arcade cab was never going to happen for me. My fiancee', whom I've been with for the last year and a half, has said that the only way I can build a cab is if I can make the CP modular lol. I created a monster when she saw my HyperSpin setup, then she was looking through cabinet designs with me and said, "As long as the main CP is set up for 4 players so my sister, me and two of my friends can play TMNT the way it was meant to be played, then it needs a driving CP for Pole Position, and a trackball somewhere in there for Centipede, then you can build it." I can honestly say I think I've found the woman of my dreams lol. I caught her looking at CP's on various sites and she is telling me that we have to come up with a dual-stick configuration now for Smash TV, god I love this woman lol :D

Right on brother! That's great to hear! Can't wait to see what Frankenstein monster you guys come up with! It sounds really rad!

My girlfriend is not a big fan. Anytime im on my laptop now she says "Are you working on your Cade again".... The more i complete the more she admits its pretty neat however. One tip is movies. I added a movie section with trailers and blu ray covers so she can scroll through and watch movies she like. THis really helped her come around. We also use our flat screen and ps3 controllers so movies are more sensible than in an actual cabinet. Other than n64 and movies tho she really does not appreciate what hyperspin really preserves. I have to say she might be a keeper tho because she does let me put some hours in.

My girlfriend is not a big fan. Anytime im on my laptop now she says "Are you working on your Cade again".... The more i complete the more she admits its pretty neat however. One tip is movies. I added a movie section with trailers and blu ray covers so she can scroll through and watch movies she like. THis really helped her come around. We also use our flat screen and ps3 controllers so movies are more sensible than in an actual cabinet. Other than n64 and movies tho she really does not appreciate what hyperspin really preserves. I have to say she might be a keeper tho because she does let me put some hours in.

Yes dude! I first made a media center with xbmc! At first she was a little disappointed in the time I spent. But she came around and shows all the homies when we have parties! When hyper spin came a long she just saw it as an extension of that!

god I love this woman lol :D

My wife helped me bud a mame cab. Then about 6 years later saw that I had an opportunity to get a smb in a dk cab, we refurbished it into a fifjr. Then she said if we are going to do this, let's do this right. So now, what we do is get old cabs and restore the cabinet to its former glory and hyperspin it with all of the games the manufacture made or controls with similar games. So our super punchout has all nintendo games. Our street fighter II has all capcom games, then our tron has all games that use a joystick with trigger and a spinner, and our centipede has all trackball games that use a vert screen, trackball, and 1 button. Currently looking for a neo geo cab to do the same thing with ;)

All of our cabs look original and authentic, with the exception that a few have LCD's. And of course we have a few themed mame hyperspin cabs. Like the fight machine, shmups, and VS mini dual .

God,I love this woman. 14 arcade machines in the house, 4 cocktails, 3 pinball machines. And she just now asked me to slow down;)

My wife helped me bud a mame cab. Then about 6 years later saw that I had an opportunity to get a smb in a dk cab, we refurbished it into a fifjr. Then she said if we are going to do this, let's do this right. So now, what we do is get old cabs and restore the cabinet to its former glory and hyperspin it with all of the games the manufacture made or controls with similar games. So our super punchout has all nintendo games. Our street fighter II has all capcom games, then our tron has all games that use a joystick with trigger and a spinner, and our centipede has all trackball games that use a vert screen, trackball, and 1 button. Currently looking for a neo geo cab to do the same thing with ;)

All of our cabs look original and authentic, with the exception that a few have LCD's. And of course we have a few themes mame hyperspin cabs. Like the fight machine, shmups, and VS mini dual .

God,I love this woman. 14 arcade machines in the house, 4 cocktails, 3 pinball machines. And she just now asked me to slow down;)

That is really cool man!! Does she have fun setting up emulators? Or more handy work?

She more or less anymore is quality control. "this nick needs attention" , or "this one needs to be leveled" or my favorite and most common lately "this ms pac doesnt look right in this room, and please dont put the pole position cockpit in our 1 year olds room" LOL

I owned a Harley for about 2 weeks...then some jerk tried to use me as a bumper. Low-sided the bike with yours truly between the street and the exhaust...dislocated knee, broken toes, and road rash all over my arms and legs. Long story short, you are indeed invisible to all other drivers. Be careful!!

I owned a Harley for about 2 weeks...then some jerk tried to use me as a bumper. Low-sided the bike with yours truly between the street and the exhaust...dislocated knee, broken toes, and road rash all over my arms and legs. Long story short, you are indeed invisible to all other drivers. Be careful!!

Geez, sorry about all that. Thank you for the advice brother! I will.

She more or less anymore is quality control. "this nick needs attention" , or "this one needs to be leveled" or my favorite and most common lately "this ms pac doesnt look right in this room, and please dont put the pole position cockpit in our 1 year olds room" LOL

That's awesome dude! Nice you guys can share in a hobby like that!

My wife has been very supportive of my hyperspin build in my garage. Currently its just a 4-player control panel plugged into my laptop running hyperspin but I spend about half my nights out in the garage playing away. She doesn't share my enthusiasm with all my accomplishments but is genuinely happy that I'm happy. When I freaked out that I finally got Daphne working, didn't phase her in the slightest.

She did appreciate all the things I am learning from this hobby as well as the fun my kids will be having. Getting LEDblinky working with all the buttons ( 37 buttons + trackball) won her over a bit, as well.

I'd love it if she were a little more passionate about video games but my kids love it and I can't complain.

• 4 weeks later...
I just said $7000 to my wife and she stopped for a moment and said "yeah ok".... I think I've fallen into another dimension. Perhaps the twilight zone and I'm about to die in some strange way... hmmm.

Hahahah! Wow! What's the price tag for?

Hahahah! Wow! What's the price tag for?

A cocktail coffee table with a 42" Samsung TV in it, one hell of a PC rig and enough LED, Ball, spinner, guns and other kit to make Andy at Ultimarc a very happy man. The wife loves console games so it was a pretty easy sell.

I've only started configuring hyperspin, so i can get away with an hour or 2 in the evenings. She has seen me playing some games from time to time and I plan on asking her to help me build the cabinet, which may or may not be a good idea lol.

Scooter. Find out what her favourite games are. If she has a laptop or a say an android device set the games she loves up on that. Let her remember how much fun it is. Then get one of those little single box one player controllers and hook it up to a PC and hook ya PC up to the television and let her play some more. Then start showing her the bigger versions and lean her towards what she considers fun but what you want. It is a long hard road paved with the blood of many arcade machines but it is worth it.

Oh if you can find an old arcade machine with the things she likes that you can take her over to and play on you have a much better chance. I took my wife to the largest arcade place in this country and now I get what I want. :)

If she ever reads this I'm a dead man.

A cocktail coffee table with a 42" Samsung TV in it, one hell of a PC rig and enough LED, Ball, spinner, guns and other kit to make Andy at Ultimarc a very happy man. The wife loves console games so it was a pretty easy sell.

Do you have a build thread going for this?

Archived