Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Installing Bezels on Hyperspin Nvidea Shield (Help)

paul4tune

Nearly missed this! Partly down to idiots spamming the forum but this should really be posted in the Android seciton of the forum.

Retroarch and Mame4droid are the only two ways I know of doing it on the STV. For RA you need to put the bezel art in /system/mame/artwork (you'll need to create these subfolders). I don't use bezels personally so haven't tested it but I have it on good authority they do work 

Moved this over to Android section...

Sure you can have bezels as said above your limited to the emulators that support it. I think there is the odd other emu that supports them.

Retroarch calls them Overlays and you need a simple cfg file to go with your .png bezel image. Then save the setting on a per core, per content directory or per game basis "manauly".....The bigest pain is changing your video settings so the game screen fits perfect inside your chosen bezel.

Also the mame cores support the standard mame setup as mame4droid I guess. You have the artwork folder for mame and "gamename".zip files go in there for game artworks and theres so defaults to be used like horizontal and vertical. The zips have a .lay config files and the images.

There are plenty of sets availiable over at the libretro forum and the mame forums. Just dont grab anything thats for RocketLauncher unless you fancy a big conversion task :)

1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

Moved this over to Android section...

Well done Thatman! ;)

I know I didn't go into any detail at all as I was away from my PC. There is this Youtube video expanding on the info you provided, which might help the OP out

Archived