Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

Hi !

I haven't read all 105 pages with posts and search didn't do much good either, so please dont kill me if This has been covered.

I'm on XP with Hyperpin (obvious..) and only use Future Pinball.

After installing FPLaunch last version - 1.295 WIP 9, everything "works". My Playfield_Rotation is set to 90 and HP wheel and table videos are correctly displayed (wheel near lockbar). But, HP menus and render bar is up side down!!

Is the a way to rotate these too?

I did, Ton. But when I rotated windows back to normal (and Hyperpin set to 90), I had to set the rotation in FP as you suggested.

Only problem then was that all my tables showed up black??

So I reverted everything again. Is this known bug?

This is the first part of my settings.ini (which when you intalled it, is standard).

You set HP Playfield rotation on 270 and not 90.

[Main]

Version = 0.5.0.0

Starting_Genre = All Games

[Video]

Playfield_Monitor = Primary

Playfield_Rotation = 270

Backglass_Monitor = Secondary

Quality = BEST

Table_Video_Enabled = true

Table_Video_Offset = 50

Use_Backglass = true

Backglass_Image_x = 0

Backglass_Image_y = 0

Backglass_Image_w = 1280

Backglass_Image_h = 1024

Backglass_Image_r = 0

Backglass_Delay = .1

Ok, I will try to explain my settings.

XP is set to normal landscape rotation via Nvidia settings.

Hyperpin is set to 270, and is displayed correctly. But Future Pinball tables are upside down.

Changing the Rotation in Future Pinball causes all tables to show up as just black.

So I have to either change the rotation in XP (but then HyperPin is upside down).

Or the rotation in Future Pinball (but then all tables are black).

I see that this can get very confusing.

Sorry if I am unclear, but I have to rotate something to make everything display correctly. Then again it will cause a negative effect.

Hi

The tables are black but are running.

It's not like when you have to scale a new table in FP. Then you always see a part of the table in the bottom right corner (it's that way on my system atleast..). Its like sometimes when you start a FP table in Hyperpin, it just shows up black first and you have to exit and load it again, and its ok.

It seems to be something with FP, becaurse I can do rotation in windows and Hyperpin, but not in FP.

I had the same black screen issues when launching in HP and they went away with this new version of FPLaunch. You don't "always" see a table peaking out. I once thought the screen was black in FP but the table was WAY off to the side and had to be scroll locked it back into view.

My windows settings are stock, FP is in 270 as is HP.

Tried it again. It seems the problem is in the new FPlaunch.

Rotation in windows doesn't matter regardles to how Hyperpin or FP shows up. Their rotation is handled seperatly and on their own.

The strange thing is I can set the rotation to 90 in Hyperpin and the wheel and everything shows up perfectly, only menus are upsidedown, and they to should follow the rotation in Hyperpin settings. Right??

I have had HP at 90 and the menus were upside down for this version of FPL, that post is a couple pages back. That is why I went back to 270 as getting rid of the HP black screen issues was more important. Also the features of WIP 9 are awesome. I am so happy with this current version of FPLaunch.

fplaunch supports only 270 degrees rotation, same as VP full screen tables. Since vp doesn't support anything else it makes no sense to support it in fplaunch either.

270 is standard. fp should be easy to rotate all 100 tables since it is just ONE setting in preferences and it applies to all tables.

if fp doesn't work in 270 degrees that's fp problem, not fplaunch problem, right?

Yes, it works!

Not sure what caused FP to go black on the tables in 270, but it works now. Everything is looks fine!

It seems though as if wheel rotation and key responses are somewhat slower with the new FPlaunch, but I haven't had time to check all new settings in the .ini file. Might be some adjustments there.

Also my harddrive seems to work much more when scrolling through tables??

Not a big problem, but still something I noticed.

Anyway, Thanks Blur, for this great MOD. My Cab feels more "profesional", not to speak of how much easier it is to adjust new tables. Great!!

Maybe everything is just re-caching itself. I find after a few run throughs with my old pc everything gets quicker and quicker. You can also adjust the quality of your HP wheel, this speeds things up. I am only using images rather than videos and I'm also not displaying backglasses in HP. This makes it possible to run the wheel in HQ for me and still have it perfectly responsive.