Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

little bit of blinking, white screens and black screens is normal

set debug mode to "file" and you will see in log what is going on, probably fplaunch script tries to activate hyperpin

freeze can also happen sometimes

it helps if you set all programs to run in xp sp 3 compatibility mode

i have it only on hyperpin.exe now

i use to have it on all three, but vpinball.exe doesn't need it any more (focus is solved from fplaunch script) and fplaunch has some problems if you put it to xp sp3 mode.

but you can test all combinations and see which one works best on your rig

i also disabled aero completely on my laptop, and i'm using windows 7 basic theme

OK made the changes... seems ok

I assume it is normal for the screen to go black for a few seconds when loading and returning from a table?

You have an ATI card? I do and I think I remember those with nvidia cards don't have as long a black screen as we with ATI GPU's.

When I select a game I get the rendering table message but the background goes black and then once the game is loaded the message goes away and the table displays.

When I exit a table, I get the 3...2...1 and then it goes black for about 3-4 seconds and then HP is there again.

Just wondering if that is normal

Hm, i reduced blinking by disabling aero and going to compatibiliy mode. before that i had white and black screens, now only black, maybe i'll try again :)

feel free to test all options and report which one works best - also on win7 run as admin has to be set for some programs (don't remember which ones exactly) - or maybe it is not important if you disable uac altogether?

I see that HyperPin freezing is a known issue on 1.295 WIP 9, I'm using Windows XP 32bit and I noticed the problem occurs after loading and exiting many tables, both VP and FP tables. Is there some type of debug mode in FPLaunch that I could enable that could help isolate the issue ?

My only issue is after running a few tables (5?) HP becomes slow, to the point where its not feasible to use the skip by letter option as its just as slow as going one wheel at a time. I don't think this always occurs though. Using Win 7 64bit, I hope that is not the culprit!

hp being slow can't be because of fplaunch - cause fplaunch like any other program releases all memory when it exits

debugmode = file

in settings.ini will give you debug log in log.txt

those freezes are result of this part of the script, obviuosly too many winactivates, and windows and hyperpin can't handle that so they just freeze.

if there would be no winactivates or just one probably there would be no freeze and all would work great on xp but on win7 hp would sometimes stay out of focus so you would have to click with mouse, or do alt-tab which is problem on a cab

so in short winactivates are made to solve win7 stupidity, but win7 stupidity is endless :)

anybody is free to experiment with these commands

Process, Exist, %hyperpinexe%

PID := errorLevel

if (PID) {

; activate hyperpin

Sleep 200

loading = 1

waithp:

toLog("waithp 1")

if (loading = 0) break

WinActivate, ahk_pid %PID%

MouseMove %A_ScreenWidth%/2, %A_ScreenHeight%/2

;ControlClick,, ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC

ControlClick,, ahk_pid %PID%

;WinWaitActive, ahk_pid %PID%

Sleep 200

IfWinNotActive, ahk_pid %PID%

Goto waithp

toLog("waithp 2")

Sleep 200

Goto waithp

toLog("waithp 3")

Sleep 200

Goto waithp

Edited by blur

AAARGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! Sorry, that's what your list of commands did to my poor mind! ehhe Yeah, I noticed in the system tray, sometimes, I'll see about 6-8 HP logos, so does that reflect what you are talking about with winactivates? Keep in mind, I don't recall having ANY loss of focus issues, this is the only problem I've come across so far that I can recall. Wait, that's not true, HP and fplaunch both haven't made me a cup of coffee yet but since I hate coffey, they're still winners with me!

yea, yea - this focus problem is optional - just like black screen - somebody has it, somebody have milisecond time when they exit the game

usually if you have long black screen chances are it will mess up focus

but this tray icons - they are not from winactivates - it is just one icon for every game you started, they are deleted only when you bring mouse over them, that's how ahk works - it creates tray icon but doesn't delete it

Edited by blur

just some info for those comp savy enough to compile ahk script, i tried removing all winactivates (except first one) so this is what i used:

if (PID) {
[b]    WinActivate, ahk_pid %PID%[/b]
[b]    ExitApp[/b]
/* ; hglass activation doesn't work
   Process, Exist, HGlass1.exe
   PID1 := errorLevel

next commands are not so important since exit is executed first - so this is the code that will try just one activate and then exit, it would work for people that say that previous versions never freeze for them.

However when i try this fix - i never get freeze but sometimes i don't get focus

then there is this light version with less activates and less clicking that will never freeze for me but also doesn't get focus always - it can do one two three activates and then exit and lose focus:

if (PID) {
   ; activate hyperpin
   ;WinActivate, ahk_pid %PID%
   ;ExitApp
   loading = 1
   waithp:
   toLog("waithp 1")
   if (loading = 0) break
   Sleep 400
   ;MouseMove %A_ScreenWidth%/2, %A_ScreenHeight%/2
   ;ControlClick,, ahk_pid %PID%
   Sleep 400
       Goto waithp
   toLog("waithp 2")
   Sleep 400
       Goto waithp
   toLog("waithp 3")
   Sleep 400
       Goto waithp
} else if (hideTaskbar = "true") {
   ; show taskbar if there is no hyperpin
   WinShow ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
   WinShow Start ahk_class Button
   taskbar = 1
}

Still searching for some method that will never freeze and never lose focus.

Edited by blur

Thank you for this work. I was having a random blackscreen over the playfield problem with HS's original FPLaunch and this took care of it. Plus the additional features are awesome. I really enjoy the autosave on screen resize and countdown on future pinball. I'm sure there's more features I haven't learned yet.

yup, autosave of image positioning, and ability to set window position inside fp is great, it was one of the first things i did with this script and first time i started messing with fplaunch