Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Dear Hyperspin Community. 

Before I go any further, can I please apologise for posting this request for information. I have no doubt that this has been covered thousands of times on thousands of posts on this website and I am indeed sorry. Feel free to scream at me profusely and use a range of poo emojis to communicate your frustration with me. I guess I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the content and I'm a bit unsure where to start. I'm definitely new to Hyperspin and need some help. 

I have an Nvidia Shield, complete rom packs (at least I think they're complete) for a range of consoles, have the Retroarch emulator working and have a range of other emulators to play all of the games I want. I have a 2TB hard drive that am using as shared (or emulated) storage device and this is dedicated to the shield (non-removable). Ok......this is where you get pissed. 

1.) Hyperspin tells me "Warning.....attempting to launch missing rom". Because my HD is emulated the path in ES explorer reads: 'storage/emulated/0/hyperspin/emulators ( …….then all of the console folders (eg: MAME)……. then all the rom folder)'.  Roms are placed in this folder. Can someone please tell me what I need to write in the individual setting file (eg: Nintendo 64.ini)  as I have had no luck at all with any of the games on the Hyperspin interface. I believe this to be my major problem. 

2.) This is where you're really going to get the shits. I downloaded the base pack for the Nvidia Shield (from the Hyperspin site) and the start menu is great. When I enter a console I have a warning triangle telling me "Video Previews available at emumovies.com". How do I sinc the videos with the individual menus (I think they are referred to as 'systems' but I have no idea how to install these)???????? Soooo...……..where can I find these and how and where do I install them??

3.) I believe that the fonts and images associated with roms are called 'wheels'. I have downloaded a few of these but how would I install these on the shield? 

Basically, what I'm asking is...……... how can I setup Hyperspin on the Shield using a shared storage device so that it kicks some serious ass. 

A huge thank you for anyone that can help me. Feel free to kick my ass in the comments but I've already done that over the past couple of weeks so I'm well ahead of you.

Thank you so much Hyperspin and hope to hear from you soon. 

Soup Pants. 

Yes this has been covered before. There is actually an Android section of the forum (http://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/forum/172-hyperspin-android/) where this really should have been posted. There are pinned threads at the very top regarding setting up Hyperspin, it would be wise to read through these completely. I will share some helpful advice however...

Install ES file explorer and use the remote manager function. This will giive you an IP address and port number which you can input to FTP software (eg Filezilla) on your PC to remotely copy files to and from the STV and even edit the .ini files. Retroach is good but isn't always the best emulator to use, this is also covered in the Android part of the forum.

1. Missing roms is usually because the rom names do not match the Hyperspin database. Each system has an .xml file in subfolders of the Database folder, ALL roms and media names must match exactly to what's named in the .xml file. It's also possible you have an incorrect path set for the roms, I'll provide a snippet from my system to give you an idea, you'll need to edit the rompath to suit your setup.

[exe info]
path=
rompath=/storage/emulated/0/Hyperspin/Roms/Nintendo GameCube
userompath=True
exe=org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu/org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.ui.main.MainActivity
romextension=gcm,iso,
parameters=AutoStartFile
searchsubfolders=true
pcgame=false
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

2. You answered your own question. The video snaps come from emumovies.com. The files live in the media folder. It's broken down into subfolders for the main menu and for systems you want to use.

3. Wheel art also lives in the Media folder (e.g Hyperspin/Media/Main Menu/Images/Wheel)

Please do read through the setup guides and if you're still struggling we will do our best to assist you further

Think covered all the main tips well there.

Also to get your head around the folder structure look here. Basically the same for Android. 

Just to confirm EVERYTHING must be named the same as whats in the <game name> field of the xml files. All artwork, roms and videos.

Case sensitive as are any rom paths needed in the .ini files in thebsettings folder.

I have a guide to the android settings files about in the forum also

Dear Hyperspin

Thank you SO much for all of your wonderful help. My apologies for not writing this enquiry in the correct place. It is in fact my first ever post and I'm pretty crap at IT - kinda explains the stupid questions in the first place. You guys have done such special work in all things arcade and gaming and I'm very grateful for all of your help. I'll let you know how I go with the setup......hopefully not too far now.

8 minutes ago, DrSoupants said:

Dear Hyperspin

Thank you SO much for all of your wonderful help. My apologies for not writing this enquiry in the correct place. It is in fact my first ever post and I'm pretty crap at IT - kinda explains the stupid questions in the first place. You guys have done such special work in all things arcade and gaming and I'm very grateful for all of your help. I'll let you know how I go with the setup......hopefully not too far now.

Man I was in the same boat a few years ago! My IT skills have got a bit better but not a natural lol.

Good luck and dont be shy in posting....but do have a little search and read up in the forums

No need to apologise, I just wanted you to be aware there is a dedicated section for Android. Even regulars get confused sometimes, don't sweat it. 

If you're not a paid member to emu movies, the free videos you can download are a lower definition (240p rather than 480p). Just be aware of that. 

Another top tip is to Google for retro TV ads, you can use these videos for your main menu video snaps. I've done it for the Commodore 64, Amiga and Amiga CD32 and they help make your setup stand out. 

All the best with your setup and welcome to our Android Hyperspin family. 

Archived