Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Do I need JoytoKey or xPadder ?

AnimalUK

I'm just finishing off setting up my system but I'm struggling with the controllers on different emulators.

I've googled this to death and it's only aided in confusing me more as some say I should be using Joy2Key, others xpadder and then some saying I wont need any !

I have a Ultimarc iPac Ultimate connected to a 2 player setup with 6 buttons for each player, joystick, coin, player and 'flipper' buttons for each player. I also ave one Aimtrak lightgun.

I've setup the iPac with the 'standard' Mame buttons for each player (L-CTRL for one button, L-ALT etc).  I can move up and down on the wheel but none of the buttons seem to work like they should when in different games/emulators.

I only have MAME, NES, AAE, American video and ScummVM at the moment. 

Any help would be great as this is (I think and hope!) the last issue to resolve before the setup is fairly complete apart from adding more games/emulators.

If the encoder is setted as "keyboard" (some can be set up as "joypad" as on many windows games you can't set 2 player on a keyboard) you don't  need xpadder nor joy2key,  just configure the input inside the emulators themselves.

7 hours ago, AnimalUK said:

I've setup the iPac with the 'standard' Mame buttons for each player (L-CTRL for one button, L-ALT etc).  I can move up and down on the wheel but none of the buttons seem to work like they should when in different games/emulators.I

if you set your Ipac to work as a keyboard,  using L-CTRL or L-ALT,  you will NOT!!!!!   be able to use Joy2key or Xpadder

both of those programs need joystick controllers in order for them to work.

if you go to your device manager  you will need to find this

Gamepad-in-control-panel.jpg

the hole  point of Joy2key and Xpadder is to map keyboard keys to joystick buttons,  

What is the point of using Joy2key or Xpadder when your Ipac (keyboard encoder) is already mapped to keyboard keys

Archived