Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

RetroArch custom core install (non root)

thatman84

I need to test this out!!!! But it’s sleep time for me.

comment from HunterK

“No, cores are tougher due to Google’s “security” measures. They always need to live in the /data/data/com.retroarch/cores directory, but you can sideload them without root by placing the *.so library in your RetroArch/downloads directory and then go to load core > install a core and it will pick up any libs in that dir and copy them to the right location.”

I cant confirm it works yet but it looks like it may work(on my phone) Super tired right now. Wit *.so files not zip

Grabbed a Hatari core from user Brent in RA forums some time ago and from the online updater tonight.

Used the Install or Restore option on brents core and went to load core. It showed hatari_libretro_android.so

I deleted this core in Information-Core Information, remove from disk option.

Downloaded Hatari core from online updater and proceeded to swap between the 2 by deleting and re installing each time

Screenshot_20190502-203011.jpg

Online updater core with build number

Screenshot_20190502-203041.jpg

Custom installed core 

You can see both show the correct "friendly" core name. I expect this is left over from installing the core from the buildbot.

OK, I'll now rephrase it. This doesn't work on the Google play version of Retroarch. There is no install core option, only a download core option under load core.

I uninstalled the play store version of RA64, as I don't really use it. Downloaded the apk instead from their website. NOW I have the install core option. 

The hatari core has apparently installed but when loaded it says no core. Possibly because it's meant for the 32bit version?

If someone can supply the Daphne beta core, I'll have the incentive to tinker with my 32bit version of RA and confirm if it works. 

10 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

If someone can supply the Daphne beta core, I'll have the incentive to tinker with my 32bit version of RA and confirm if it works. 

Went looking for that last night. Cant find it. Sure I backed it up

I downloaded the Daphne core for RA64 from the buildbot. That doesn't out right crash when loading the core, like it does on the play store version of RA64. 

I'll reinstall RA32 on my phone. If Daphne doesn't crash and other cores seem OK, I'll make the change on my STV and test Daphne. 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, reznnate said:

Sorry I've been away.   Was hit hard by the pinball bug.    I've reposted the alpha daphne core here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1frcFNWPinSkfyafsBXsnfHd46_kS1yIY

The threading behavior is not acceptable for a proper core, but it works okay for now.

It's better than nothing Rezz! I've tried the latest versions of Retroarch with the official core, although the core no longer out right crashes, it's still not playing the games sadly. Thanks for posting this :)

Archived