Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Thinking about getting new PC for my cab

Roadrunner

I'm running Windows 7 and it works pretty well. However, Win7 is coming end of support and I'm thinking it might be cool to upgrade the hardware with SSD so I wouldn't have to wait for it to boot. 

Got a few questions: 

1. How do you find HS runs on Windows 10 vs 7? Is it better or worse? 

2. How easy is it to shell Windows 10? 

3. I have Steam's Pinball FX2 on this cab. It's no longer available for download. I've got games that I've purchased for it and I'd like to port it over to a new PC. Is this easy/possible to do? 

4. Anything else I need to think about here? 

1) Windows 10 has had some serious problems with the updates they've released, not helped by the fact the OS forced you to install them. I heard some people having issues with HS and the latest Windows 10 build 1903 but I've not encountered any issues of yet. Other than the update fiasco I'm pretty happy with 10 over 7.

2) You can use XBMC Launcher/ Launcher4kodi and just shell HS instead of Kodi.

3) I'm pretty sure you can import all your old purchases into Pinball FX3 (https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7115)

4) I did tweak around to "unlock" the EVA (Cortana) voice for text to speech and use that with Hyperspeech. Not sure if you use that but I like that Hyperspin feels more integrated with the Windows 10 OS, having the same voice. You're probably not that bothered as you want to shell HS, where as I use Kodi as a "console like dashboard" to load Hyperspin, play movies, music and launch other stuff. I do that for both my Shield TV box and my PC

7 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Thank you! 

In regards to PBFX2, not all the games can be ported over unfortunately. And it has some games my son wants to play - Plants vs Zombies for example. I'd like to have it there as a separate system. 

Oh dear! Sounds like it would be a good idea then to make a backup of the drive as is. You could always do a Windows 10 upgrade install over 7 and revert back again should you choose.

42 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Interesting. That might work. Thanks. 

If you're upgrading to an SSD you can just clone your HDD to it, then tinker away knowing the HDD won't be changed. I'd suggest you get a decent sized SSD @ 500GB. Some Arcade PC rips insist on living on the "C Drive" to work, so getting a 120 or 250GB drive might come back to haunt you later.

Plant vs Zombies

both South Park Tables

MS. Explosion 

All the Soccer tables

will not transfer over. 

I don't know this for a faq but it looks like you can still install FX2  on a new PC   if you have it as part of your library.

I just tried on a PC that did not have Steam installed 

Untitled.jpg

1) Windows 10 has had some serious problems with the updates they've released, not helped by the fact the OS forced you to install them. I heard some people having issues with HS and the latest Windows 10 build 1903 but I've not encountered any issues of yet. Other than the update fiasco I'm pretty happy with 10 over 7.

2) You can use XBMC Launcher/ Launcher4kodi and just shell HS instead of Kodi.

3) I'm pretty sure you can import all your old purchases into Pinball FX3 (https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7115)

4) I did tweak around to "unlock" the EVA (Cortana) voice for text to speech and use that with Hyperspeech. Not sure if you use that but I like that Hyperspin feels more integrated with the Windows 10 OS, having the same voice. You're probably not that bothered as you want to shell HS, where as I use Kodi as a "console like dashboard" to load Hyperspin, play movies, music and launch other stuff. I do that for both my Shield TV box and my PC

What steps did you go about unlocking cortonas voice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Roadrunner

I went back to windows 7 as W10 was a pain. I don't really care if it's coming to end of life as the cab only connects to the internet occasionally. 

I have PBFX 2 & 3 on my cab but I've only ever play FX3 since it came out. 

P. S There is a module for FX3. 

Archived