Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin Roms

RemyPArcade

So I am having this problem where i would download a set of roms it wouldn't read the roms because the name is different. Example is trying to run "Super Mario 64 (USA)" but couldnt find the game because the file name is "Super Mario (U)" is there any way that hyperspin or rocketlauncher can read (U) and (USA) as the same?

Short answer is no, names must match the database exactly.

That naming scheme is based mostly off "No-Intro" sets so it might be easier to just get that.

If you really want to use the set you have now you can try some programs that use a "fuzzy match" logic to guess... but most of these sets are pretty small and it may be more trouble than it's worth.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:35 PM, RemyPArcade said:

So I am having this problem where i would download a set of roms it wouldn't read the roms because the name is different. Example is trying to run "Super Mario 64 (USA)" but couldnt find the game because the file name is "Super Mario (U)" is there any way that hyperspin or rocketlauncher can read (U) and (USA) as the same?

Or create a new database from your romset using HyperROM2XML if you can't be bothered to rename them.

Archived