Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Assistance with Wheels

vanillarice

Hello, so I've got an Nvidia system that works fairly well. I've decided to add a variety of wheels and themes, mostly collection based but am having issues. The videos and main wheel slider picture all work. When I enter the wheels, it's a black background. I can scroll through list but when I click on the roms, I am given an error that rom path does not exist. I'm new to the shield and hyperspin. I am learning but can't figure out all this .Ini and .xml stuff. Do the .ini and themes have to be configured for them to work? If so, I am going to need some help getting these .ini files set up. Before, I was just taken to a black screen without a game list. Now, at least I have a game list. I copy and pasted a wheel with a collection that did work. I probably got lucky. Progress! I'm new. Please be nice haha. 

Issues

1. Black background when entering wheels. Help configuring pictures and videos. Possible my themes have them preexisting and I am just having a configuring issue. 

2. The rom paths within the wheels say that the directory does not exist. 

1 minute ago, vanillarice said:

Hello, so I've got a 6 tb Nvidia system that works fairly well. I've decided to add a variety of wheels and themes, mostly collection based but am having issues. The videos and main wheel slider picture all work. When I enter the wheels, it's a black background. I can scroll through list but when I click on the roms, I am given an error that rom path does not exist. I'm new to the shield and hyperspin. I am learning but can't figure out all this .Ini and .xml stuff. Do the .ini and themes have to be configured for them to work? If so, I am going to need some help getting these .ini files set up. Before, I was just taken to a black screen without a game list. Now, at least I have a game list. I copy and pasted a wheel with a collection that did work. I probably got lucky. Progress! I'm new. Please be nice haha. 

Issues

1. Black background when entering wheels. Help configuring pictures and videos. Possible my themes have them preexisting and I am just having a configuring issue. 

2. The rom paths within the wheels say that the directory does not exist. 

So, what you are saying is you bought this drive, as if you had created it yourself you would know what you were talking about.

This is frowned upon by this community, so I suggest you go and do some googling and try to sort it out yourself.

Haha so you're saying is because I made a mistake and now that I'd like to learn that there is nobody to help. I paid very little to download the drive off cloud. The guy selling it was useless, I actually realized that he copy and pasted much of the information in here to sell with his HDD. I can copy my themes in here etc. There are numerous. I was blind, but now I see! 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok real quick...game missing or incorrect...means rom path is wrong...also android reads path with \ and not / like the pc....notepad++ will change it all in bulk...collections don't work on android....basically only 1 emulator can launch via ini file (android hyperspin limitation)....lastly never buy a drive for android because to have it properly setup, u need to have the folders in a writable location...that writable location on the drive will be read by android which includes a serial number for the drive that is unique to all drives....no 2 drives will ever have the same serial number even if u clone the drive...if the seller just puts all folders where ever he wants u will get RetroArch errors because RetroArch won't be able to write to the drive...things like msdos and others will result in errors...i can guarantee u that no android  seller edits all ini files reflecting each individual drive serial number 

Archived