Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Special Art with featured game info for hyperspin

mmg1design

I made some Special Art for Hyperspin that "features" a selection of games that I want to highlight even as the Hyperspin wheel is doing its job. Hyperspin has a Special Art feature that loads Swf art in sequential order and at the time interval you specify.

Even though this "featured" game art makes the main screen more complex, I've found out that it's a quick way to help players choose a game to play. MAME has so many games, that sometimes it's hard for players to choose a game. With these "Featured" game slides, the player has another opportunity to choose a game that you pre-select.

featured-sample-special-art-hyperspin-600x167.png

The artwork shows five snaps that rotate, description text for the game, and number of players.

I've created 25 featured game slides at this point to test how it works. It's too bad that I can't automate the creation process. I'm using a manual method of replacing art on a flash template. But since at this point I'm not going to do a slide for all games (this is a featured game after all), it's manageable.

If this art is usable to any forum member, feel free to download the art from by blog. I welcome any comments.

download art, view instructions or view video

Cheers!

This *IS* the feature Hyperspin is still lacking, and I'm glad that someone finally brought this to light in the community. And while HyperPause does do this feature, it is still nice to have a game info window before starting a game.

But unfortunately yes, there is no automation process, special art would need to be made for every game, which would take....quite a bit of time.

I wanted to do something like this but because of the shear amount of time it would take, I dropped the idea rather quickly and just use rom collection browser now which does this natively.

This *IS* the feature Hyperspin is still lacking, and I'm glad that someone finally brought this to light in the community. And while HyperPause does do this feature, it is still nice to have a game info window before starting a game.

But unfortunately yes, there is no automation process, special art would need to be made for every game, which would take....quite a bit of time.

I wanted to do something like this but because of the shear amount of time it would take, I dropped the idea rather quickly and just use rom collection browser now which does this natively.

The other problem is that not all games have quality descriptions. I also tried to find a way to randomize the slides but I guess Hyperspin doesn't like actionscript in the swf's.

Great idea...but the art for ALL GAMES on top left corner ? i love it !!!

thanks, the top left corner is the SpecialC art which reminds/or annoys people of the genre that you are currently viewing.

I didn't upload that artwork in the post but will do it as soon as I get a chance. I'ts basically the original Hyperspin genre art but animated.

excellent idea! 1 suggestion is to put with player number, controllers used like trackball, spinner, paddle, gun! I think this option could be an interesting thing! Thank

Could you share template? I'll like to made some of them.

excellent idea! 1 suggestion is to put with player number, controllers used like trackball, spinner, paddle, gun! I think this option could be an interesting thing! Thank

Could you share template? I'll like to made some of them.

That's a good idea, maybe I can have that new info animate in or something. I'll share my template if you agree to share the artwork with everyone in the forum, (it can't be a paid for access scenario. I want to make sure I don't violate anyone's copyright)

Archived