Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Bliss-box Kickstarter has been launched

ulao

For anyone that does not know what the Bliss-box is check it out here -> http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?29063-Bliss-box

4-play is the production version of Bliss-box in hops to open the door to lots of cool products. If interested check out the kick starter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/544088930/bliss-box-4-play-one-adapter-for-many-controllers=0

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got two original Bliss Boxes, and they are great, this looks like a fantastic improvement. I'm backing it, but am also doubtful that 150,000 can be gotten in this amount of time. It needs to get some good hype somewhere for this to happen.

hey gang, yes 150k is up there. There is a FAQ on the page that explains it a bit but outside of that we have a game plan. We are also preparing the china interpreted version of the KS to get that market. Either way we are going to try. Tooling is not cheep, but its essential to our success. There will be more reward options to come when KS gets back to us on the bulk options. The news sites hit Monday but please spread the word!

tweet to @blissboxadapter like the FB page share, this is not about Bliss-box its about the community. We have created tooling for ever port out there, only good can come from this.

ulao, I'm pretty sure most of us don't question the 150k, but rather the very short amount of time you set to achieve it. Gathering that amount till the end of the year doesn't seem likely to me especially at this time of year with Christmas around the corner. So why such a short deadline?

Hi brolly, I'm right there with you. But KS made it very clear that is looks down upon that heavily. I think 100k may have been better or 2 month length but advice is advice and that is where the numbers came from. Really, all I need is a few K in backers(1000-2000 or so times 100). As much as it seems hard to hit this really is not that bad. If there are not that many people interested in this, admittedly tight niche, then there is no way I can make a company based around it. So yes this KS may fail, and that sucks for the idea of the Bliss-box company but I spent 40k to have this made so I need to get that back :)

Though I have to say, based on what I see, its all about the sharing and links. I get to see what generates interest and I'm amazed how its all about social media. The part that is sad is I have 300~ links on the FB page but 10 shared it? Eh, can't expect people to do the work for me I guess.

They want $110.00 for 2 of these things? Are they for real? No thank you! I'll stick to my 2 360 controllers.

I think you didn't even read and understand what 4Play is all about... You seems to be the kind of guy that look the finger of the man asking you to watch the moon... :facepalm:

Should I have said $95 for 1 of these things complete with all the cables? That's crazy!

It's still too expensive and I could never justify the cost, never mind that using something like a NES controller would only provide me with 2 buttons. How would I access all the hyperspin/hyperlaunch features with that sort of restriction? Than I would still have to buy a lot of the controllers as well. I don't know anyone who would have all of those systems still kicking around somewhere. Like I said, I'll stick to my 2 360 controllers.

I dont think you are understanding the pitch here.

If you like to game with the 360, then there is no reason why you could even begin to fathom the advantage here. This adapter is for people that have the old controllers. It certainly is not for everyone. In comparison to buying the adapter its a steal.

How would I access all the hyperspin/hyperlaunch features with that sort of restriction?

Sounds to me like you are implying that without the features its hard to use the FE. I don't believe that is the case because the HP is a well respected front end but surly you can game with the original controller and use the front end?

Styphelus, no I don't think this deice is justifiable in your case but to many of us its a holey grail.

Should I have said $95 for 1 of these things complete with all the cables? That's crazy!

It's still too expensive and I could never justify the cost, never mind that using something like a NES controller would only provide me with 2 buttons. How would I access all the hyperspin/hyperlaunch features with that sort of restriction? Than I would still have to buy a lot of the controllers as well. I don't know anyone who would have all of those systems still kicking around somewhere. Like I said, I'll stick to my 2 360 controllers.

Some of us do have all of these controllers, and then some. The goal is not to to be able to manipulate Hyperspin with a NES controller. The goal is to be able to play the games with the controllers they were originally played with. The xbox 360 is a great controller, but for those of us that are old enough, it brings back a deep feeling of nostalgia to be able to play our favorite Atari 2600 games with the actual controller. If you were to buy an adapter for every controller that the 4 play lets you use, your price would be much higher than $95, especially if you wanted to buy four for each system. Just because it isn't worth it to you, doesn't mean it isn't worth it for others. I would pay even more than the price being asked.

"for those of us that are old enough"

I'm 39, I'm old enough and honestly I can't see myself wanting to play my ZX Spectrum games with my old Quickshot II joystick.That thing looked cool but it was terrible as a controller.

I'm 44, and I do play my ZX Spectrum games with the Quickshot Joystick thanks to Bliss-Box. I didn't play the Spectrum when it came out, though, so I have nothing to compare it to, but the joystick works fine through emulation, and is also used for other systems like the C64. You can also fine tune the joystick through the game controller settings. Anyhow, to each their own I suppose.

The bliss-box is a very cool looking product for those that want to play on original controllers. I myself, I guess I side more with Styphelus. Most of those old controllers suck.

While a 360 pad has the worst D-pad in the world (2nd worst if you are using the newer ones) making it not suitable for many 2D platformers the DS4 is an excellent all-rounder. Suitable for most consoles and most games on even the awkward consoles, like the N64.

Isn't sourcing original controllers also quite difficult? I mean there were many 3rd party versions around for every machine at the time but they mostly always fell short of the originals. Aren't most of the ones for sale today just 3rd party ones made to look more like the originals? Even if they aren't, refurbished ones just aren't going to be the same either.

I hope this is funded but 150 grand for a niche within a niche is one hell of a goal. If that is the cost to make this idea work then i'm afraid it is a dream not to be realised.

I hope I am wrong on that.

Runadumb, There are a few things to know and I'm working with my editor to get those mentioned in the KS.

But first... why 150, pretty much because that was the advice given, I tend to lean more on the "ok that was a bad idea". However the KS is not the only option here.

second, its not "going to be developed" it is developed and cost 40k to make it (tooling). The issue is marketing it and there is no question that is going to be tricky. I for one agree with Styphelus on the price but again I was told I'm being too modest. It was $35 for the now $75 reward but to make it work at a "low" goal of 150k (yeah they call that low) I had to set it at $75. To get the $35 range back it needs to be 300k, not going to happen. I was able to add a $40 option, no retail packaging. Also this adapter was developed un-china like. By that I mean its not low quality stuff. It could be however... An acrobat could easily use one of my cables as a mount bit (Hey now, maybe I should market that).

third just you wait, its only getting better. I can't spill it all but here is a taste.

1) I found a way to make the light guns work on LCD ;)

2) Single-play, arcade pannels, and in drive bays on the horizon.

3) Allowing the single-play to be used on any console.

4) An API that lets the emulator communicate with the controller (i.e writing to DC LCD and memory cards, even n64), Getting what controller is plugged in from with in a front end, Already have this working with Lusspace, and much more. Not sure if the flash development kit can use force feedback?

5) And as always no drivers and work on any os.

Bliss-Box is not about the silly 4-play, that is just the #1 most wanted device thus far. Bliss-Box is a project for retro enthusiasts. The best part is its not ran by a company **cough** may-fl...**cough** its ran by a gamer.

I don't actually think it is too expensive for the market. (Almost) Purely for emulation I've bought 4 360 controllers, 2 wiimotes with nuchucks, 3 PS2 pads, 2 aimtrak light guns, a DS4 pad (i'll buy more of them too) and just plopped £120 on an Arcade Stick.

For those that want good controls the base cost is fine. Its the funding target I find will be hard to realise.

Runadumb, There are a few things to know and I'm working with my editor to get those mentioned in the KS.

But first... why 150, pretty much because that was the advice given, I tend to lean more on the "ok that was a bad idea". However the KS is not the only option here.

second, its not "going to be developed" it is developed and cost 40k to make it (tooling). The issue is marketing it and there is no question that is going to be tricky. I for one agree with Styphelus on the price but again I was told I'm being too modest. It was $35 for the now $75 reward but to make it work at a "low" goal of 150k (yeah they call that low) I had to set it at $75. To get the $35 range back it needs to be 300k, not going to happen. I was able to add a $40 option, no retail packaging. Also this adapter was developed un-china like. By that I mean its not low quality stuff. It could be however... An acrobat could easily use one of my cables as a mount bit (Hey now, maybe I should market that).

third just you wait, its only getting better. I can't spill it all but here is a taste.

1) I found a way to make the light guns work on LCD ;)

2) Single-play, arcade pannels, and in drive bays on the horizon.

3) Allowing the single-play to be used on any console.

4) An API that lets the emulator communicate with the controller (i.e writing to DC LCD and memory cards, even n64), Getting what controller is plugged in from with in a front end, Already have this working with Lusspace, and much more. Not sure if the flash development kit can use force feedback?

5) And as always no drivers and work on any os.

Bliss-Box is not about the silly 4-play, that is just the #1 most wanted device thus far. Bliss-Box is a project for retro enthusiasts. The best part is its not ran by a company **cough** may-fl...**cough** its ran by a gamer.

This is exactly why I am backing the project

Archived