Fr0stbyt3 Arcade

Guest fr0stbyt3

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Build!!!

1. your friends works at an arcade dist, and throws out cabs?!?!?!???!~?!?!?!?!?! could you get your hands or my hands on some???

2. have you considered using japanese (maybe siemetsu jlf) sticks instead of the happ ones? I find that I enjoy the throw a lot more and enjoy my arcade more since I replaced mine with the jlf's

3. Your art is amazing, I am surely envious of your new machine!

Guest fr0stbyt3
Great Build!!!

1. your friends works at an arcade dist, and throws out cabs?!?!?!???!~?!?!?!?!?! could you get your hands or my hands on some???

2. have you considered using japanese (maybe siemetsu jlf) sticks instead of the happ ones? I find that I enjoy the throw a lot more and enjoy my arcade more since I replaced mine with the jlf's

3. Your art is amazing, I am surely envious of your new machine!

Yeah, I think they are done cleaning house for a few months. I about lost it when they showed me the inventory. If your looking for an old golden tee they have a full wall of them!

I have not used Japanese style sticks. Do you have a link to the ones you have?

I need to update this with the latest pics and details. I have new buttons and a new trackball. Expect an update early next week.

here are the joysticks from paradise arcade shop... you buy the stick and balltop separately, you can different colors, and sizes, you can also modify these sticks to use led's in the balltop (Ive seen some people mod them on the shoryuken forums)

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/71-seimitsu-joysticks

balltops:

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/62-balltops

Guest fr0stbyt3
here are the joysticks from paradise arcade shop... you buy the stick and balltop separately, you can different colors, and sizes, you can also modify these sticks to use led's in the balltop (Ive seen some people mod them on the shoryuken forums)

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/71-seimitsu-joysticks

balltops:

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/62-balltops

seriously looking at these now, my biggest worry is if they will fit in my poor xarcade joystick. The hole alignment looks entirely different. Can anyone confirm this?

Awsome build!

Thank you sir, means alot coming from a veteran like you

Guest fr0stbyt3

I can share the full size art files. However, the psd's where done by an artist friend. He has asked me not to share since he did it for free.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest fr0stbyt3

Had a few people ask about wiring. I did not clean up the stuff from xarcade, so I know its a bit messy

2012-10-04%2010.58.11.jpg

2012-10-04%2010.58.05.jpg

added a USB hub internally

2012-10-04%2010.56.24.jpg

2012-10-04%2010.56.46.jpg

and of course a diagram for quick fixes

2012-10-04%2010.57.20.jpg

Thanks for the pics Frostbyte.

Hey how long did Paradise take to ship you your stuff?

I ordered my stuff all Tuesday Morning. Groovy shipped my led wizs' order out yesterday morning, should be here by tomorrow or Sat. Paradise I'm not to happy with so far. All my stuff is noted in stock. I haven't received any status updates, I emailed the owner asking if there was any possible problems this morning and have not heard anything back.

Guest fr0stbyt3
Thanks for the pics Frostbyte.

Hey how long did Paradise take to ship you your stuff?

I ordered my stuff all Tuesday Morning. Groovy shipped my led wizs' order out yesterday morning, should be here by tomorrow or Sat. Paradise I'm not to happy with so far. All my stuff is noted in stock. I haven't received any status updates, I emailed the owner asking if there was any possible problems this morning and have not heard anything back.

I had the EXACT OPPOSITE happen to me. It was so very long before GGG shipped anything, but Paradise had it to me in 5 days. If you dont have it already, PM me and I can send you their direct email address. ( I dont know if your just using the website. )

Guest fr0stbyt3
im speechless that is oustanding that arcade you have the artwork has terrific feel to it you should be proud
Wow, nice cab, great artwork...

Thanks guys. Stay tuned, much more to come.

Guest fr0stbyt3

These are custom based off yobo brand guns. If you like them, i'm sure drakin could make you some.

Edit:

Opening post updated. Let me know what you guys think.

Had a few people ask about wiring. I did not clean up the stuff from xarcade, so I know its a bit messy

and of course a diagram for quick fixes

2012-10-04%2010.57.20.jpg

Did you rewire some of the buttons to be different keys by default?

1. why did you do that?

2. how did you do that?

im opening up my tankstick today to look at hooking the unused middle mouse button up as another button, and while im in there would like to see how rewiring as different buttons would work.

Guest fr0stbyt3

No I didn't reprogram the controller. You can using the button on the back of the controller, but its not really worth it.

I bought a cheap label book that didnt have some buttons. So I made it up.

Archived