Mario vs Donkey Kong MAME Cabinet (Nintendo Reproduction Cabinet)

RetroBorg

Thanks for the tip Agrajag, just bought one of them of eBay. Cheers.

No problem! I hope it is still available by the time I'm ready to start building. Can't really justify buying one now and having it sitting in its box losing warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
that's looking really good! that red paint has come up really shiny.

is that standard width cabinet?

I can't believe u have managed to fit two players with 6buttons and a trackball!

It is standard width and I did manage to fit all that in there but it's another thing as to whether they will be playable.

The way I look at it is if I find I'm not happy with how cramped the controls are I can always make up another control panel but I'd thought I'd at least try it out.

• 3 months later...
I like the idea but man that color is blinding me. Have you played around with the color scheme that you've got going on in the marquee's and try to incorporate those in the cab somehow? Like maybe a white cab with an orangesh marquee or something, orange buttons or trackball maybe.

Have you seen a Donkey Kong "orange" or "red" cabinet in real life? They are bright and loud! And I love it!

I painted my MAME cabinet DK orange, and my brothers DK3 red. (if I do another, It will probably be the DK blue)

• 8 months later...

Archived