Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Manufacturers Classics Wheel Art

Yardley

I used don's list generator.  I loaded up the whole filtered mame.xml that they post on the forums along with the hiscore no-nag builds.  i think by default everything is set to "don't add", So then in the manufacturer field to sort by, i just typed in the manufacturer, and set all of those games to "add".  Then exported that list, turned them all back to "don't ad". typed in the next manufacturer in the filter, and repeated the process until I had all of them separated out.  Then, I went back and set all of the mame.xml to "add", and set all of the manufacturers i just made lists for to "don't add", and exported a main mame.xml that has them all taken out.  That is the main arcade classics wheel for me, the leftovers, and then the rest are in their own wheel.

To allow the mame emulator to be selected in rocketlaunch HQ, i edited the mame settings file in the RL folder to add the system name "Data East Classics", for example.

I used don's list generator.  I loaded up the whole filtered mame.xml that they post on the forums along with the hiscore no-nag builds.  i think by default everything is set to "don't add", So then in the manufacturer field to sort by, i just typed in the manufacturer, and set all of those games to "add".  Then exported that list, turned them all back to "don't ad". typed in the next manufacturer in the filter, and repeated the process until I had all of them separated out.  Then, I went back and set all of the mame.xml to "add", and set all of the manufacturers i just made lists for to "don't add", and exported a main mame.xml that has them all taken out.  That is the main arcade classics wheel for me, the leftovers, and then the rest are in their own wheel.

To allow the mame emulator to be selected in rocketlaunch HQ, i edited the mame settings file in the RL folder to add the system name "Data East Classics", for example.

Nice that's exactly what I wanted to do. I thought someone just said in another thread that Dons tools couldn't filter by manufacturer so I wasn't even going to try it.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence though.

They need more spacing between the manufacturer logo and the classics logo. I also suggest not smoothing out square pixels so they look rounded. Pixels should be square damnit! :P

I erased the source files by mistake a few weeks ago :( I didn't add any smoothing though that's just the way the font is. I can still adjust the spacing on the png files. 

Nice that's exactly what I wanted to do. I thought someone just said in another thread that Dons tools couldn't filter by manufacturer so I wasn't even going to try it.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence though.

I mean that when you add the various arcade classics "systems" to your main wheel, and then go into rocketlauncher to add your emulator and rom directory, there won't be a MAME or MAMEUIFX (in my case) option for emulator unless you go to the RL folder and add the system name "Data East" for example, to the list of supported systems in the MAME module.  Does that make sense?

post-21427-0-23267500-1431721561_thumb.png

Yeah. I think I'm following you now. Thanks again.

Does splitting them up across different systems still force you to have them all use the exact same MAME.exe?

I want to be able to give each system its own MAME.ini file (so I can adjust Neo Geo gamma, brightness, saturation settings to be different than Capcom games etc...)

Well I guess in theory they could all use their own separate mame.exe  I've never done anything like that, i just use all default stuff across all of mame.

Mainly I want it that way because Neo-Geo games really need their own separate color/brightness settings to look their best.

• 2 months later...

Archived