Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin wheel game sounds in backround during selected game play

chukjayne

• 3 months later...

Did this get fixed? Having this problem and think I'm still running 1.3

dont want to upgrade if it's going to hose my currently working install though.

i'd rather just disable trackball if that's the fix.

Upgrading to 1.4 simply requires you to overwrite a couple files.... Assuming you will back them up, it is simple to change back if you aren't happy.

• 7 months later...

Just did a search and found this topic because I am having the same issue. I'm running Hyperspin 1.4 and have only my keyboard as an input. All other peripherals are disabled. Did anyone ever resolve this issue? It's actually happening on my main menu wheel, if I scroll too quickly past systems. Granted, I'm running large intro movies that take up my entire screen. The James Baker ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fo2KjRf7fg

• 3 months later...
Just checking in to say that I have this problem too! (Hyperspin 1.4 here)

In the last couple of days I've noticed that on some occasions when I launch TTX games there appears to be audio still playing in the background when I launch a game. I think it may be the menu audio but I haven't 100% confirmed it. Also, I notice that when it happens, if I quit Hyperspin into the desktop the audio persists for a few seconds even though Hyperspin is closed. No other apps are open.

I have only noticed this on the TTX wheel because I have been concentrating on setting these games up. I can't guarantee it but I don't think that happens on other wheels, so I think it's related to some changes I have made in the last few days.

I'll go to HyperHQ to make sure that trackballs etc are disabled as Agrajag suggested because I don't use them but I haven't recently changed any settings there and the problem only just developed.

I notice the previous poster mentioned big videos. I don't know if they said this because it is important or whether they were just guessing. It might be coincidence but I just added videos to all the TTX games I have set up. They are all short clips. BUT

I also added a default TTX Theme that I found on the net which includes a large whole screen video of Streetfighter. Could this be causing my issue? I'll try removing this and see what happens.

As I said I've spent a lot of time getting TTX to work recently so ALOT of things have changed on my system.

I'll come back here to report success or failure, but if anybody else can think of something useful to try then please let me know.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The only thing working for me is disabling trackball joystick and spinner. Then and only then do I get that glitch to stop. and it only happens in retroarch emulated games. I highlight the game And select it. And right before it launches the wheel scrolls down 1 game and the sound from that gaems video will be heard in the selected games gameplay. really weird, I Want to be able to use my trackball. and joystick in the main menu. but unless I Stop using retroarch I don't see this stopping.

ok , I guess there is no avoiding using and figuring out the depths of xpadder then. SAd I just cant get it to autoload profiles for selected systems. This will be a huge task to learn how. And I did buy xpadder, and Its still Doesn't autoload.  DO you know if they will add track ball support in the future?

• 1 month later...

I worked so hard to build my cabinet, and now this! I am so disappointed I can't believe it. I am posting here to show the need to get it fixed and am following the post with deep hopes that it'll be fixed; or that someone knows of a simple work around that doesn't involve a software rebuild that will inevitably break the hell out of many hours of hard work configuring the damn thing! 

3 hours ago, adamduncan1982 said:

I worked so hard to build my cabinet, and now this! I am so disappointed I can't believe it. I am posting here to show the need to get it fixed and am following the post with deep hopes that it'll be fixed; or that someone knows of a simple work around that doesn't involve a software rebuild that will inevitably break the hell out of many hours of hard work configuring the damn thing! 

What exactly is your problem?

Thanks for the reply. I will start with what is not my problem first to try to explain. 

The trackball works fine when I launch MAME stand alone. Everything works in Hyperspin when the trackball is disabled in Hyperspin HQ.  I am running MAMEUIFX 0.159, Hyperspin 1.4 and RLUI 1.0.1.3.

The problem begins when I enable the trackball in Hyperspin HQ. After launching with it enabled, when I select a game (any game, trackball type or not) as it is loading the game the Hyperspin menu scrolls up 1 and I can hear the video for that other game in the background as I am playing the game I selected. The trackball continues to work but I can hear that other game looping the video.

I have pointed to the mame.ini file in RocketLauncher under the global settings editor for MAME. With out this setting Hyperspin seems erratic and things don't work right.

Here is what I have in my .ini file.

#
# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     
mouse                     1
joystick                  1
lightgun                  1
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                1
steadykey                 0
ui_active                 0
offscreen_reload          1
joystick_map              auto
joystick_deadzone         0.3
joystick_saturation       0.85
natural                   0
joystick_contradictory    0
coin_impulse              0

#
# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             keyboard
adstick_device            keyboard
pedal_device              keyboard
dial_device               keyboard
trackball_device          mouse
lightgun_device           lightgun
positional_device         keyboard
mouse_device              mouse

3 hours ago, adamduncan1982 said:

The problem begins when I enable the trackball in Hyperspin HQ. 

Oh. That's the problem already answered previously in this topic. You cannot have joysticks, spinners or trackballs enabled in HyperHQ. Just don't do it as trackballs, joysticks and spinners don't work to control the HyperSpin menus.

If you built your cab with a keyboard encoder like the iPac then no problem. Your control panel will work just as you programmed your iPac even with joystick disabled in HyperHQ. If you didn't build your cab with an encoder (what did you use instead?) then all you need to do is use a keymapper to make your CP work with HyperSpin. More stuff to learn to setup, but it won't break your entire setup.

There are a bunch of solution topics about this, so if you go searching you should pull some up. Just a single look into the tutorial section here and I found this. Simple.

40 minutes ago, adamduncan1982 said:

I guess I misunderstood the earlier stuff. After disabling joystick, trackball AND spinner in HHQ not just trackball (I am using the ultimarc Ultimate I/O for my keymapper).

IT WORKS!!!!!

Thank you very much, I can sleep happy tonight now!

Cool. I know the feeling of thinking something is borked. Always nice when it's something simple (and thankfully it usually is)!

UPDATE:

I just wanted to share something for the next person to read this forum or for the lurkers... 

After realizing that my 2 PS4 controllers that I use for remote playing the console games would no longer work without having "joystick" enabled in HHQ (and not re-configuring them through a key mapper). I figured that I could just toggle the trackball when I played trackball games and just play music from somewhere else so I would not have to hear the extra video playing in the background. So I re-enabled the joysticks in HHQ and left trackball and spinner disabled, and everything still works! Not really sure why, or why this didn't work the first time I tried it. Maybe you can't have joystick and trackball (or spinner) enabled at the same time? Either way, i'm happy that it's all sorted.

To be clear, in HHQ I have keyboard and joystick enabled, trackball and spinner disabled, and everything works in Hyperspin. I have 2 joysticks (key mapped) a trackball and 2 wireless PS4 controllers. 

Thanks again.

Archived