Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

are the older threads gone forever?

craiganderson

yeah i'm sure we all will, it's just funny how when I was a new member on the old site, it felt natural.  I didn't have to get used to anything, it already all made sense, because it was a more "classic" forum visually and functionally.  So it's just weird to come into something and have it be intuitive right away, and then switch to something that just stops all that and then have to force yourself to get used to it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally am not a big fan of the "downloads" section, it always felt very unorganized and hard to find stuff. I would much rather have an attachment right at the point of where i am reading about something (ie right in the forum)....but that is just one person's opinion .... and i am not an admin...so probably does not mean much at all.....

but i would vote for MEGA links over ftps and download sections any day

but i do thank you for all of the work on the site!!   :) :)

Like we said we aren't done yet, there are more then ten's maybe even a hundred thousand files we need to get ready and populate the downloads section with. And with a hand full of guys that takes months. and don't forget we also have our own jobs to attend to. we won't get paid for this. i can understand some frustration, i wish we could go faster too. But in the end it will all pay off we are doing overtime on this stuff and i mean hours a day in our free time. we will get the job done. just not as fast as employees working for a company. for now, just relax and enjoy what updates come.

It would be cool in the future if there were multiple themes that you could apply to this new forum.  Maybe even have a "classic hyperspin forum" theme, that at least brings over the visuals and spacing from the old look.  Then we could play around with themes that might at least help users visually.  I, and i'm sure many others, truly appreciate all the hard work everyone engages in for the hyperspin programs and forums.  This has truly been a game-changer for my emulating enjoyment.

yeah i'm sure we all will, it's just funny how when I was a new member on the old site, it felt natural.  I didn't have to get used to anything, it already all made sense, because it was a more "classic" forum visually and functionally.  So it's just weird to come into something and have it be intuitive right away, and then switch to something that just stops all that and then have to force yourself to get used to it.

I had the same thing when we moved over to the (for you) "classic" forums back in 2010, it's just getting used to that's all

For you platinum members watching the beta test thread for 1.4 between that and the hyper launch issue is a big reason that the posts need to be deleted. A lot and I mean a lot of information will not carry over or even be needed in a lot of cases

It would be cool in the future if there were multiple themes that you could apply to this new forum. Maybe even have a "classic hyperspin forum" theme, that at least brings over the visuals and spacing from the old look. Then we could play around with themes that might at least help users visually. I, and i'm sure many others, truly appreciate all the hard work everyone engages in for the hyperspin programs and forums. This has truly been a game-changer for my emulating enjoyment.

This isn't even remotely the same software that the old forum was running on so that wouldn't be a thing

Im with you on that one, mega is one of the least obtrusive but the other 99% are full of malware, redirects and outright BS. I shouldn't have to scrutinize every download link to make sure its safe, nor should I have to d/l a plugin for firefox to be able to D/L large files, ie, mega

I wouldn't write off old posts so easily.  I found at least half of the information I needed from way outdated posts, because not everyone joins the game at the same time.  So a problem that is literally 5+ years old to like a few people, might be a problem for one person joining up 5+ years later.  I saw so much useful information from scouring the depths of the old forum.  Little tiny things that I never would have known in a million years.  Super simple stuff too, but I still would have never known how to do certain procedures if not for very, very old threads. 

That was my first post about old threads actually lol.  Previously I was derailing the thread to talk about stylistic changes.  Just telling what2be my opinion on the revelency/value of old threads.  I literally would not have been able to set-up my hyperspin without old threads.  Sorry for that?  Jeez, relax.  It's the truth, I can't help it.  It's also true that they are gone, and no one on here can help that either.  Ok so what?  It's a forum, which is a place to have discussions on things.  Everyone involved should be able to handle points, counter-points, opinions, and gripes when you open a forum.  As long as it doesn't turn ridiculously crazy.  Anywho, there will surely be a thousand new threads with the exact same problems from years past, so it'll be ok in the end I think.

What isn't ok is that we have to keep saying the same things over and over again, so that's where the frustration sets in. As I'm sure you read earlier in the thread it was stated the reasoning behind removing the old info is that most of it is no longer pertinent. Therefore when people try to come back with "reasoning" why they shouldn't have been deleted we're going to respond strongly. Frankly I'm growing tired of this thread as its outlived its purpose already.

- J*

yeah it's only 2 pages long though, so I didn't become frustrated with it.  What frustrates me, is that i make a few posts after first logging back into this thing in months, about my take on this subject, in a respectful manner and i get back attitude.  We all get frustrated with things, oh well, let's move on.  Give people some breathing room before just telling them to get over it, it'll go smoother.

I am just one opinion and I respect the opinion's of other members - admins and non-admins alike. But I disagree that the past posts were not pertinent. I think to anybody with an honest assessment the old posts were hugely helpful, pertinent, and relevant. At least they were for me. I also enjoy hearing and thinking about differing opinions on this and other subjects so, to me, this thread is very interesting as well as helpful. But again, that is just one person's opinion. And I thank all of the admins for putting together this new site! 

Same here craig!  And the people helping this amazing community need not be offended by honest viewpoints and opinions based on users personal experiences with the forum and programs.  We love what you do, but we also have ideas, opinions, and experiences that might offer a different perspective.  No harm there.  Like I said before, I'm sure there will be a thousand newcomers that will address the very same issues from 3 years ago, so we will have all those "useless" posts right back where they were eventually. lol.

Well it was unrealistic to keep old Posts and sort through them all and keep good and demo bad imho. I have nothing to do with any decisions but I would have done some thing similar. It is unfortunate but we will survive... file organization is more important imho. So we can better share and find stuff we make and share.

Ok I'll totally agree that some really good posts got killed.  At the same time you all need to realize that at best thats 1 out of 500.  There was so much misinforming garbage and a LOT of that is about to be even more needless when 1.4 comes out.  We needed a cleaner start than just importing the whole mess.  I'll also say this, they are not saved, they are not somewhere where with enough coaxing they are going to be brought back.  They are GONE GONE GONE.  It's the dawn of a new age for HyperStuff (Hint) and all this was almost a year in planning.  So bear with us, sorry for the mess as we have plenty of work to still do, but if you hang on it will be worth the ride.

".....a year in planning."

Some people find change hard and others just go with it. I guess the year the planners had is a luxury the rest of us were not afforded. We will catch up[emoji3]it will be easy for new comers and harder for old brooms. Seen this situation so many times at work. Most people settle down with time. I was one of the doubters but I've sat back and read the post. I believe things will be for the best but the decision makers should imho always be ready for doubters and by answering questions in a positive way turn the doubters to supporters.

Just a thought. Please don't shoot me down. [emoji120]

".....a year in planning."

Some people find change hard and others just go with it. I guess the year the planners had is a luxury the rest of us were not afforded. We will catch up[emoji3]it will be easy for new comers and harder for old brooms. Seen this situation so many times at work. Most people settle down with time. I was one of the doubters but I've sat back and read the post. I believe things will be for the best but the decision makers should imho always be ready for doubters and by answering questions in a positive way turn the doubters to supporters.

Just a thought. Please don't shoot me down. [emoji120]

Please don't take me as negative, it is totally expected.  I'm just trying to be real here, it is what it is at this point.  And just like last time this happened a year from now this will all be a faded memory.  It's a good time to be in the hobby.

Also, if you can not find the answer to your question, please ask :)

This is funny in the main complaint you hear on old forums is "why don't you just use search."  Bring on the newbies, your never going to have more grace about asking questions than you will now.  

Please don't take me as negative, it is totally expected. I'm just trying to be real here, it is what it is at this point. And just like last time this happened a year from now this will all be a faded memory. It's a good time to be in the hobby.

Circo you have been positive! No problem there. [emoji106]

Archived