Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

are the older threads gone forever?

craiganderson

hello. and thanks for the upgrade to the site. whenever i google something and find a link on hyperpsin that looks useful they pretty much are always unavailable after the ugrade? are they gonna come back and be available as you guys work on site? or are they gone for good? just curious.....

thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. It's a bummer that the vast majority of info, help, tutorials etc... are now gone.

A couple weeks ago you were able to get right to something relevant to your problem and even if it was old or not quite what you needed, you would learn enough to follow the trail and figure it out.

Now 99% of the time there is nothing.

I most certainly appreciate all of the time and energy that went into the new site....but definitely feeling some growing pains (i.e. the lost old threads) with it.

But again...Thank you very much for all of the hard work and effort that went into setting it up! I hope they are paying you enough :)

Growing pains, lol, it's more like we bear the stretchmarks of our old morbidly obese site :)

Agree to disagree I guess, LOL....In my opinion it was so easy to find info/answers before by just searching HYPERSPIN + WHATEVER TOPIC on GOOGLE and boom! always got a thread that was an answer or at least a starting point. It was GREAT! Now that it gone and it is MUCH harder to find info/answers/ or even a starting point.....

But to each their own...if you like it better this way...that is cool too! :)

....and again "thank you" for all of the hard work, time, and energy it must have taken to get the new site up and running!!

I must admit that lately I too have had issues when searching for info that I know was here on the old site... I've been just as frustrated lately. However, I am able to see it from both sides as admin and user of the site. Pruning of the old was necessary...

I think that the old site was much easier to explore. I also used to use the Google + Hyperspin + problem method to find answers which is why I have only made one thread asking for support in my few years of being a member here. I haven't had any luck with using the thread title from a Google search in the hyperspin search bar yet.  I think things are a bit cluttered and almost confusing to navigate now which all these highest rated downloads and other things being everywhere.

I am a big fan of this site and everything that has been done so I will roll with whatever happens and despite the way I feel about the new changes does not change how much I appreciate the absolutely amazing skill and dedication that has gone into this whole thing.

Admins,

Since my old threads got deleted, would it be ok for me to upload my Xbox 360 Controller Configs for Model 2, Model 3, Atomiswave & Naomi to the main Downloads section?

They took a long time to create and I know that a lot of people found them to be a big time saver. It would help new members locate them easier.

I personally am not a big fan of the "downloads" section, it always felt very unorganized and hard to find stuff. I would much rather have an attachment right at the point of where i am reading about something (ie right in the forum)....but that is just one person's opinion .... and i am not an admin...so probably does not mean much at all.....

but i would vote for MEGA links over ftps and download sections any day

but i do thank you for all of the work on the site!!  :) :)

I personally am not a big fan of the "downloads" section, it always felt very unorganized and hard to find stuff. I would much rather have an attachment right at the point of where i am reading about something (ie right in the forum)....but that is just one person's opinion .... and i am not an admin...so probably does not mean much at all.....

but i would vote for MEGA links over ftps and download sections any day

but i do thank you for all of the work on the site!! :) :)

What about just linking to your downloads in the downloads section? That would be the same thing no? That would be ideal imho, not even sure if that is possible though.

I hate mega. For no real reason. I am an IT guy. I have a gazillion ways to host files on my own stuff. Others are not so lucky I am sure. I am also sure there is a decent compromise in there somewhere. I probably hoard the most space on the ftp with my c64 stuff too. Ha ha.

Yeah noobs!! :)

Do this.... First u search on google whatever u looking for.. An old thread, help.. Etc..

U see a "old" hyperspin forum Link.. Click it.. It will go straight to the new forum, right? Now copy the URL - paste it in google search, click enter.. Now in google chrome u can see a down-arrow, click and choose "cached" bam!! U can now see that old thread again..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

What about just linking to your downloads in the downloads section? That would be the same thing no? That would be ideal imho, not even sure if that is possible though.

I hate mega. For no real reason. I am an IT guy. I have a gazillion ways to host files on my own stuff. Others are not so lucky I am sure. I am also sure there is a decent compromise in there somewhere. I probably hoard the most space on the ftp with my c64 stuff too. Ha ha.

There will be one place to download files from this site, as of right now, and that will be the downloads section. The FTP may or may not even exist, but if it does it will be different than it is now. We will not allow links to external sites for downloading anything.

- J*

Its a little dissapointing that some of the old threads are gone.   However I am really happy with the new site. One of the few times I saw a sit upgrade for the better.  The chat doesn't crash every 4 minutes and force you to refresh.  Yes googling a question and having the answer appear was nice and easy.  However The forum has a search feature that I find works pretty well.  Also before the forum had those ghost forums... Forums created for the Hyperspin project that everybody could see... But had no posts in them at all.  So my guess is the posts were private so only project team members could see.... But appeared as an abandoned project to anyone who simply visited the forums.  

Very pleased that a new site layout came followed by a new Hyper Spin.  

Overall I wanna say good job, but I know everybody has their own opinions. I have only been here about 6 months. So didn't get used to something for years.

If I could make a suggestion/request to be considered. I personally would love it if the DOWNLOAD SECTION could be organized by SYSTEM and have all the relevant downloads all in one place ready to download and drop in! Something like this (see pic below for configuration suggestion only, not page suggestion)?

Would anybody else like this configuration?

Untitled-1_zpsat8ihhgz.png

Thank you for your consideration of my suggestion and thank you for all of the work on the NEW site!

-craig

Yup, instant confusion with this new site.  The old one was visually bold and easy to differentiate icons and links.  I could easily find stuff, and visually see a difference.  Things were spread out on the page, now it's crushed and cramped.  Too sleek and slim, that now it's confusing.  It took me 5 minutes just to figure out how to go to the "New Posts", whereas before it was just bam, a link right there at the top of the forum.  Plus, I had to filter it to new posts on the forum, not new information from everything else like member map updates.  Ugh,...sorry, I love, love, love hyperspin and everything about it, but this new website is just horrible. 

Archived