Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

SETTINGS: Android emulator settings

reznnate

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 3:24 PM, worek1 said:

Hi , what is an intent to run new Yaba Sanshiro 2 pro . Just cannot get it to work ?

Sorry for resurrecting this thread. Have you managed to getYaba Sanshiro 2 pro to work?

I'm also looking for Duckstation settings (standalone, not RetroArch).

On 3/14/2021 at 7:42 PM, HyperSeeder said:

Sorry for resurrecting this thread. Have you managed to getYaba Sanshiro 2 pro to work?

I'm also looking for Duckstation settings (standalone, not RetroArch).

Try "org.devmiyax.yabasanshioro2/org.uoyabause.android.Yabause", that's for the free version not Pro though. I'm not paying the developer again when the old version could have been restored on Google Play, if he wanted it to be.

Remember not all apps will work with launch intent which is how frontends load them. Download QuickShortcutMaker from the Playstore to your phone and install the app you want to know the settings for and it will list the activity names.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honosuseri said:

Try "org.devmiyax.yabasanshioro2/org.uoyabause.android.Yabause", that's for the free version not Pro though. I'm not paying the developer again when the old version could have been restored on Google Play, if he wanted it to be.

Remember not all apps will work with launch intent which is how frontends load them. Download QuickShortcutMaker from the Playstore to your phone and install the app you want to know the settings for and it will list the activity names.

It worked thanks. And yeah, I've been through the same drama and missed the opportunity to "buy back a new license for $1" :D.

Pro is the same, but staring with org.devmiyax.yabasanshioro2.pro

I also tried QuickShortcutMaker, but no joy with Duckstation's activities so far, maybe it's my lack of experience or maybe it requires some extra parameters to launch a specific game.

I'm trying to reverse engineer Hyperspin for the reasons discussed in the other thread, if I can get all versions of RetroArch to launch with the proper configuration files, my next priority will be to try and make it work with Duckstation next.

1 hour ago, HyperSeeder said:

I also tried QuickShortcutMaker, but no joy with Duckstation's activities so far, maybe it's my lack of experience or maybe it requires some extra parameters to launch a specific game.

As I said NOT ALL apps have launch intent implemented. Best thing to do is message the developer and ask for them to add the feature. I did this a looong time ago for Redream (Sega Dreamcast) and tested the APK before it was released on the Playstore.

Arc Browser has no profile for Duckstation standalone, only the RetroArch core. Freelancer adds profile updates for us to use for popular emulators, of course it's possible he's not done the profile yet BUT from what you've said it sounds like launch intent isn't being used in DS.

3 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

As I said NOT ALL apps have launch intent implemented. Best thing to do is message the developer and ask for them to add the feature. I did this a looong time ago for Redream (Sega Dreamcast) and tested the APK before it was released on the Playstore.

Arc Browser has no profile for Duckstation standalone, only the RetroArch core. Freelancer adds profile updates for us to use for popular emulators, of course it's possible he's not done the profile yet BUT from what you've said it sounds like launch intent isn't being used in DS.

Well, DuckStation has a MainActivity that can be launched with an Intent (https://github.com/stenzek/duckstation/blob/master/android/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml#L63-L73). I haven't had the time to properly skim through the code to see if it takes optional arguments or has something like Dolphin's StartupHandler to properly launch roms. Since the emulator is pretty new you may be right. This is an interesting quest and I'll get to bother the developer or open a PR myself if someone else doesn't get to it first (I'm not sure if you have any interest in DuckStation yourself,  if you do maybe you could ping Freelancer and ask him to have a chat with Stenzek about it).

For now my focus is on trying to get a build of Hyperspin that can actually launch both RA 32 and RA 64 / Plus with proper configuration files. Honestly this has been a crippling issue since RA 1.7.8 (Aug, 2019). The fact that you and a couple other forum members produced hacks that got us halfway there by reverse engineering the APK (using nothing but primitive tools like APK Studio to basically edit hardcoded strings) shows that this would be a trivial change for someone with access to the source. Since I don't, well, I'll have to learn how to do it :D.

1 hour ago, HyperSeeder said:

I'm not sure if you have any interest in DuckStation yourself,  if you do maybe you could ping Freelancer and ask him to have a chat with Stenzek about it

Honestly I have very little interest in Emulation on Android these days. If anything it was more for my phone to be able to play decent games out and about (not that we can do that now with the current global situation).

I'm more known for Amiga emulation here and have been chipping away at the missing Amiga media (videos, disks & boxart etc.) for a while now, with what little free time I have. Most of the emulation I've done lately is in PCVR with EMUVR and New Retro Arcade: Neon. My Youtube channel also takes up much of the free time I do have. So no I'm not looking to start any other projects, I wish you all the best with the Hyperspin modification.