Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Optimus-Pin P2k Build (39/24/22)

viriiguy

Well, I wanted to format my Cabinet, now that it's design has matured, so I can clean it up.. Clear out the old software and such. And it just so happened that I am in training for Windows Server 2012 R2 at work... After learning of some of the advancements made in this OS, I thought... What the heck, let's check it out on the Cabinet and see what happens.

WOW!

2 hours after I formatted my hard drive, I had a fully functional Cabinet again. And I have to say it is REALLY quick. From power button to Menu interface, to select a table, is 14-16 seconds. It will boot to just the desktop in 11 seconds. I still have a little tweaking to do, right now it is the base GUI install for Server.. And I have to get a new Wireless card. But if you happen to have a copy laying around... It makes a mean little OS For a gaming rig or pinball machine.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Well, it has been a couple of years since my last update. With the release of VP10 and all it's glorious features, my twin Nvidia GT 460's were no longer cutting the mustard. So I yanked them out and replaced them with a single Asus STRIX 980 6GB card. Much much nicer! Multiball no longer causes frame rates to drop. As a matter of fact, I have not seen them drop below 118 fps yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you!

Well, After almost 4 years of near daily use, My Zeb's connectivity board has gone out with a puff of smoke. Hopefully Zeb can still rebuild this version for me. I have emailed him. 

It looks like when it burned up, it also took out my Replay knocker. Not sure what else went with it. I will have to test everything. 

However, on the plus side, this will finally force me to do the rewire I have been meaning to do ever since I got the cabinet working. I always meant to replace my "Test Harness" as it was ugly and messy. But it worked, so I never got around to redoing it to meet my almost anal standards. The sad thing is, just the day before I finally got every single VPX table loaded and updated. Ah well. Them's the breaks.

Archived